C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another bad dealership experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
x-mann
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another bad dealership experience

Brought my '05 in for roof recall, wire harness recall, and problematic auto shifter not unlocking from park. Service guy writes up work order and says i'll call ya later. At end of the day (Monday) he states that roof is getting replaced, need to order parts. I asked about the shifter, he states, "that will need to addressed". i said to him, take care of it because i already told him i wanted it fixed. he just wasn't listening. on tues he ordered parts, said the shifter would be done the next day. no call Wednesday. no call Thursday, i call him. he tells me the roof had to be repainted twice due to color not matching. the shifter not done yet. it will be ready friday. friday, no call. i call at 6pm (they close at 7) he tells me they are finishing roof install, shifter was not started. i said to him i will be in Saturday morning by 10 am, will it be done, "yes" he stated.

came in Saturday. took them 15 minutes just to pull the car up. when i looked at it, the color on roof was totally off. (i have a millennium yellow). service guy agreed and said to bring it back Monday. then i noticed some scuffs in the paint on front corner nose clip. not sure if it was there before. i leave to run some errands, not 5 minutes away. i get out of car and notice all the black plastic protective stuff under the nose of the car hanging down about 3 inches away from the clip on the driver side corner. I am irate, head back to dealer to point out the damage, he tells me that at least 5 people had driven the car(porters, techs) he starts to push everything back in place.

i bring the car back Monday, now the service manager comes out to look at it. hes eye balling the paint and proceeds to tell me that metallic paint needs to be sprayed in same direction to have it match. that is my problem w/ the color. MILLENNIUM YELLOW IS A FLAT PAINT, NO PEARL, NO METALLIC, he is feeding me a line of crap. I proceed to explain all the aggravation from last week, his response was, "oh".

this is why dealerships are losing money. especially GM dealers. This particular stealer has horrible customer service. The service manager has no tact in dealing w/ customers. They will be getting a letter from me and so will GM/Chevrolet customer service.

I own a Toyota and a Acura as our daily drivers. I have never seen service like that from them. They have been great. Why is it that GM gets such bad marks?

So i get my car back, the scratches were polished but still exist in the paint. color match was pretty good on roof panel. i go back into service dept. start to tell the service writer that they did not fix the scratches. he starts to tell me they polished them out and could not see them. when i told him he was wrong, you can see them he then proceeded to tell me the car was damaged when i brought it in. I told him he was wrong. he wanted to argue it w/ me and his service manger. i told him i was going to call the GM of the dealer and walked out furious! then when i got home i proceeded to inspect the paint job only to notice over spray and drip marks inside the passenger door jam and rain tray where the rear hatch closes.

I spoke w/ the GM today and have a appointment w/ him on monday morning for him to look at the damages.

This whole roof re-call has turned into a major headache!

Last edited by x-mann; 08-13-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Your exp is very similar to mine,went in for the recall,and came out with 1/2 dozen screw ups
Originally Posted by x-mann
Brought my '05 in for roof recall, wire harness recall, and problematic auto shifter not unlocking from park. Service guy writes up work order and says i'll call ya later. At end of the day (Monday) he states that roof is getting replaced, need to order parts. I asked about the shifter, he states, "that will need to addressed". i said to him, take care of it because i already told him i wanted it fixed. he just wasn't listening. on tues he ordered parts, said the shifter would be done the next day. no call Wednesday. no call Thursday, i call him. he tells me the roof had to be repainted twice due to color not matching. the shifter not done yet. it will be ready friday. friday, no call. i call at 6pm (they close at 7) he tells me they are finishing roof install, shifter was not started. i said to him i will be in Saturday morning by 10 am, will it be done, "yes" he stated.

came in Saturday. took them 15 minutes just to pull the car up. when i looked at it, the color on roof was totally off. (i have a millennium yellow). service guy agreed and said to bring it back Monday. then i noticed some scuffs in the paint on front corner nose clip. not sure if it was there before. i leave to run some errands, not 5 minutes away. i get out of car and notice all the black plastic protective stuff under the nose of the car hanging down about 3 inches away from the clip on the driver side corner. I am irate, head back to dealer to point out the damage, he tells me that at least 5 people had driven the car(porters, techs) he starts to push everything back in place.

i bring the car back Monday, now the service manager comes out to look at it. hes eye balling the paint and proceeds to tell me that metallic paint needs to be sprayed in same direction to have it match. that is my problem w/ the color. MILLENNIUM YELLOW IS A FLAT PAINT, NO PEARL, NO METALLIC, he is feeding me a line of crap. I proceed to explain all the aggravation from last week, his response was, "oh".

this is why dealerships are losing money. especially GM dealers. This particular stealer has horrible customer service. The service manager has no tact in dealing w/ customers. They will be getting a letter from me and so will GM/Chevrolet customer service.

I own a Toyota and a Acura as our daily drivers. I have never seen service like that from them. They have been great. Why is it that GM gets such bad marks?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've lucked out.
Never had any bad experiences with my Chevy dealer...yet.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

wow
Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The two dealers in N.E Ohio I give a rating of 1 out of 10,and the the one in S.W. Florida I give 4.5 out of 10
Originally Posted by coolcat
I've lucked out.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

I would be more suprised at the threads stating they had EXCELLENT service from their GM dealer!

This type of BS is very common and expected IMO with GM dealer service. Hope your problems get worked out, but it will be a nightmare process. Keep us updated.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:32 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I've lucked out.
The dealership I use is great. The service rep not only walks around the car with me when I drop it off to note the condition but also lets me watch them pull it into the service bay it will be worked as well as watch it go on the hoist if needed.

Car also comes back immaculate but what I like the best is the frequent updates on the car while waiting for it.

Thursday I was in for an oil change and in the 30 minutes it was being worked on, three times the service rep stopped in the waiting room to give me a status....... 1st...."We just got the oil drained and filter swapped"..... 2nd...."carriage inspection is complete, car was lowered and mobile 1 is going in"..........3rd...."Tech is checking fluids now and will have it out shortly"....... 2 minutes later the car pulls up and I'm ready to pay and go.

The only negative (because I'm **** about clean/clear windows) is they always are courteous and wash the windshield and side windows (inside and out) and I end up having to redo it when I get home because they are smeary.

I do admit that I get much better service with the vette then I do my '07 suburban but there too, they are still very professional and do a nice job. I've never had any issues.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:34 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
I would be more suprised at the threads stating they had EXCELLENT service from their GM dealer!

This type of BS is very common and expected IMO with GM dealer service. Hope your problems get worked out, but it will be a nightmare process. Keep us updated.
Then you'll be surprise at my response I just did....
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

HAVE TO SELL IT NOW...AND TELL THEM THATS A TINT COAT..
Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by IDSRVIT
Then you'll be surprise at my response I just did....
There are a few dealers out there that are good...very few.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
There are a few dealers out there that are good...very few.
Agreed
Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

this is why dealerships are losing money. especially GM dealers. This particular stealer has horrible customer service. The service manager has no tact in dealing w/ customers.

Did you know this before you dropped your car off?

It's unfortunate but, sometimes it just comes down to trial and error when choosing the right dealer.

Hope you get your problems fixed...properly.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:01 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ITS CALLED THE BLACK HOLE...they drive it off you don't know what your going to get back,,it sure wan't be fixed,.,.,.,it's just how much
can they tear up in the meantime
they don't hire anyone with an I.Q. over 40 .
Old 08-10-2010, 04:11 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've lucked out.
Me too, probably because I haven't taken my Vette to a dealer.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Some of them are the biggest A**holes I've ever came accross.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
tmdnhusa
Advanced

I am still new to this forum and I am not sure if it is against the rules but wouldn't it be more helpful to everybody to post the dealers name, location and complete details. That might get GM's and the dealer's attention as well as telling all of us where the good dealers are and are not.

Get notified of new replies

To Another bad dealership experience

Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
x-mann
Racer

Originally Posted by tmdnhusa
I am still new to this forum and I am not sure if it is against the rules but wouldn't it be more helpful to everybody to post the dealers name, location and complete details. That might get GM's and the dealer's attention as well as telling all of us where the good dealers are and are not.
i intentionally left the dealer name out of the post. i was concerned that some of the moderators would get upset if i posted it. all you have to do is search a chevy dealer closest to my home town and you will know which dealer it is.

they are part of a "power"ful group
Old 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM
tmdnhusa
Advanced

Default Dealerships

i intentionally left the dealer name out of the post. i was concerned that some of the moderators would get upset if i posted it. all you have to do is search a chevy dealer closest to my home town and you will know which dealer it is.

they are part of a "power"ful group
How about an answer from the moderators? I am not trying to start a war just need clarification and believe good service should be rewarded and bad service receive also what is due.

Last edited by tmdnhusa; 08-10-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
wow

Quick Reply: Another bad dealership experience