C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I pull the trigger? 07 Z06 595rhwp

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Gun5
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I pull the trigger? 07 Z06 595rhwp

guess im just getting alittle nervous about spending all my money being 21 but i'v signed the loan and everything.. many of yall over at ls1tech know me as gun5 i just sold my 455 rwhp h/c/i camaro and i'v loved the vette's since my father brought his 05 z51 home the first month they where out and on Saturday i'm set to pick up this car

car is the first LMR reaper package car... 595/520 on the dyno
here's the full specs..
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/texas-...7-z06-2lz.html

I think its a great deal and LMR said its a sick ride... 45k$ big ones should I go through with it? putting 10k down and will owe under 20k in a year and a half

hopefully this thing doesnt get any worse mileage then my camaro haha i was considering a few rear mount turbo vette's aswell

Last edited by Gun5; 07-30-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:50 AM
dkal70
Racer

Great deal! Have you driven it?
Is it going to be a daily driver?
Beautiful vette, with those dyno #'s, hope you daily driving is on freeway,
out of stop and go traffic.

I would thoroughly look it over, if its been babied you have a great car.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:55 AM
sblair09
Advanced

Nice car i'd go for it
Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Barzten1
Instructor

Beauty!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 AM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Price looks good. If that's what you want go for it.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

looks great.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't without unless you know exactly what the cars was used for. These engines can be suspect, it's a lot of coin and you give it back no warranty nothing talk to your dad first unless you've got the cash to replace the motor. What are you going to do with it just tool around town looking cool maybe some stop light action if needed, make some 1320 passes a few times a month or HPDE. If you plan on doing anything other than the 1st one then you better have a Z06 mechanic check it out first. You asked, good luck young man
Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Sonicblur
3rd Gear

Even putting down 10k that is a lot of payment for being 21. Do you own a house and are set in your career already? Just things to think about. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:56 AM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Plan for the worst, hope for the best! By that I mean if it pukes in 5000 miles make sure you have the resources to fix it.....

Nothing wrong with buying a modded car providing you fully understand it might be trouble free or a horror show! No way of knowing really.

I would however want every detail documented of EXACTLY what was done and who did it. Makes a big difference in the quality of build for starters.

I'm sure you don't need a FAT car payment then another 10 grand+ to get it back on the road. Car looks great but it's risk.... simple as that..

Good luck with the deal....
Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by cthusker
Plan for the worst, hope for the best! By that I mean if it pukes in 5000 miles make sure you have the resources to fix it.....

Nothing wrong with buying a modded car providing you fully understand it might be trouble free or a horror show! No way of knowing really.

I would however want every detail documented of EXACTLY what was done and who did it. Makes a big difference in the quality of build for starters.

I'm sure you don't need a FAT car payment then another 10 grand+ to get it back on the road. Car looks great but it's risk.... simple as that..

Well said.

Congrats on the purchase. And to answer your question about gas mileage, yes it is going to suck gas, especially with a heads/cam package Z06 in stock form gets decent gas milage on the Hwy, actually it gets great MPG if your just crusing on the HWY, I averaged 27mpg on a trip from Atlanta to Chicago. As soon as you stab the throttle though, watch the little red needle on the gas gauge go almost as fast as the speedo
Old 07-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

FWIW, this car has had lots of work done to it. You should know what shop did the work, and maybe talk to them. Because if stops running, you will be scratching your head trying to figure out what's wrong.

Remember, you are not buying a stock Corvette and GM mechanics may not be able to fix it.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 AM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Any chance with 2 total posts, that the young Mr. Reaper's pulling the forum's chain here boys?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:14 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by CQRT
Any chance with 2 total posts, that the young Mr. Reaper's pulling the forum's chain here boys?

Doesn't appear that way, click the link, and he also gave us his screen name over on LS1Tech, and if you read his posts under that screen name he says he's picking the car up.
Sure he could just be posing here as the other guy on LS1tech, but doesn't really make a difference either way. Plus this thread is not really a "stir the pot" thread.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Gun5
Heel & Toe

nope no chain pulling here.. car will probably be to just cruise around in town brought out to all the meets, going out to eat, and out to austin and other places.... see at max 6,000-8,000 a year my camaro saw 3,000 in 2-1/2 years with around 18-20k invested in it total... (was paid off though first b4 modding)

I called LMR about the car and they said it always came in for maintenance and the owner has all the receipts for it.. I would never buy a Zo6 or a car for that matter that was opened up by joe blow I'd rather have a fully stock car... I just can't afford to mod/own one at the same time realistically. I built my H/C/I car myself and work on cars day in and day out so inspecting it shouldn't be a big issue just been reading if there is any big things to look out for

and no i havn't driven it yet that will probably be the biggest deciding factory but supposedly it drives like stock

Last edited by Gun5; 07-30-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper1
nope no chain pulling here.. car will probably be to just cruise around in town brought out to all the meets, going out to eat, and out to austin and other places.... see at max 6,000-8,000 a year my camaro saw 3,000 in 2-1/2 years with around 18-20k invested in it total... (was paid off though first b4 modding)

I called LMR about the car and they said it always came in for maintenance and the owner has all the receipts for it.. I would never buy a Zo6 or a car for that matter that was opened up by joe blow I'd rather have a fully stock car... I just can't afford to mod/own one at the same time realistically. I built my H/C/I car myself and work on cars day in and day out so inspecting it shouldn't be a big issue just been reading if there is any big things to look out for

and no i havn't driven it yet that will probably be the biggest deciding factory but supposedly it drives like stock
Sounds like you know what you're doing. Test ride is indeed very important.. I assume you already had a Car Fax done?

Get it up on a lift and look around real good. Be surprised what jumps out if something is wrong. What condition are the tires in? There is nothing wrong with being super tough evaluating something that costs you 45 grand. I know a few sellers get a little upset but... to bad!!! It's your money so check it out as well as you can.

It looks great in the pics I'll give ya that... Good luck and be sure and post up how it treats you assuming you buy it..
Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

so, let's see: OP, you're around Austin (deductive reasoning on my part because nothing in your profile re town), LMR is in Houston (? saw them on ls1tech after I went to look)....

Let's look at what Craig said above: how are you going to fix the car if something happens in/around Austin? trailer it to LMR? do it locally? do it yourself?

And to that final point both wayne and cthusker hint at/bring up: if problems in one year (or one mile, for that matter)---have you got a spare $5K or $10K lying around to fix it because it will all be on you and your wallet, not the prior owner, or LMR? or, does this become a lawn ornament?

seriously. not trying to make fun or say that this WILL happen. just asking the question.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:57 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Man, get it, enjoy it and don't look back.

Get notified of new replies

To Should I pull the trigger? 07 Z06 595rhwp

Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Sounds like you know what you're doing. Test ride is indeed very important.. I assume you already had a Car Fax done?

Get it up on a lift and look around real good. Be surprised what jumps out if something is wrong. What condition are the tires in? There is nothing wrong with being super tough evaluating something that costs you 45 grand. I know a few sellers get a little upset but... to bad!!! It's your money so check it out as well as you can.

It looks great in the pics I'll give ya that... Good luck and be sure and post up how it treats you assuming you buy it..
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Kurac
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can't duplicte that car for that price. A 600whp Z is going to be SICK. Good luck and let us know your impressions after your first ride home.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
had2have-it
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your opportunity, the car is gorgeous, are the mechanicalls straight? At 21 I was the 8th wonder of the world and I now think it was only the grace of God that kept me alive on my motorcycle. Good luck, not to preach but that car will need you to have some restraint.

Quick Reply: Should I pull the trigger? 07 Z06 595rhwp