C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4LT - What is the fuss about?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Newt373
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3GenVettes
The optional two-tone seats with the 3LT are the seats with the lower inserts (the lighter color) that run all the way to the end of the seats. The 4LT seats are as shown in the above pics.
:o i had it backassward...
Old 07-11-2010, 08:43 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
I spent more than $3500 on steering wheel, seat covers, door panels, console lid, radio bezel, gauge pods, shift ****, ebrake handle and boots and I still don't have a nicer dash. I probably would have been satisfied with the 4LT, which was not available on the 2007, and not spent the extra money. So I would say it is worth it, although I am very happy with my version.
Larry
good points, Larry.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

This really shouldn't be a controversial issue at all. We all agree that the 4LT interior is a nice upgrade. The question is whether it's worth the increase in price. I looked at the 4LT before I ordered my 3LT 2009 and decided that, for me, it just wasn't worth the extra money.

That doesn't mean I didn't like it or it wasn't nice looking; I just didn't want to spend another few thousand dollars for it, especially since the 3LT already had all the features I wanted.

The 4LT looks great and I certainly don't begrudge anyone who spent the money for it. If some of the members here had stepped up and offered to pay for it when I first ordered my car, I probably would have gotten it. Where's Schindler when you need him?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

I had the 3LT in my previous 2006 and 2008 coupes. When I decided to go all out for my 2010 TR GS vert, I decided on the 4LT package in dark titanium/ebony and could not be happier! Seeing the 4LT package as I approach my top down vert still gives me an extra thrill. My own interior pics do not do justice, here is the Chevrolet officlal pic via calmtgguy. To those on the fence, if your budget allows for the 4LT, go for it!

Originally Posted by calmtgguy

Last edited by Harry2; 07-11-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent more than $3500 on steering wheel, seat covers, door panels, console lid, radio bezel, gauge pods, shift ****, ebrake handle and boots and I still don't have a nicer dash. I probably would have been satisfied with the 4LT, which was not available on the 2007, and not spent the extra money. So I would say it is worth it, although I am very happy with my version.
Larry
You'll find it much more expensive to upgrade with aftermarket leather pieces that then the $3500 charged for the 4LT package and you will still not have the leather trimmed doors or dash. I'm already past that amount.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 AM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by harry2
I had the 3LT in my previous 2006 and 2008 coupes. When I decided to go all out for my 2010 TR GS vert, I decided on the 4LT package in dark titanium/ebony and could not be happier! Seeing the 4LT package as I approach my top down vert still gives me an extra thrill. My own interior pics do not do justice, here is the Chevrolet officlal pic via calmtgguy. To those on the fence, if your budjet allows for the 4LT, go for it!

You hit the nail on the head. If the budget allows, go for the 4LT. Also, the dark titanium is awesome.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:34 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j_digi454
You'll find it much more expensive to upgrade with aftermarket leather pieces that then the $3500 charged for the 4LT package and you will still not have the leather trimmed doors or dash. I'm already past that amount.
Not if you start with a 1LT, but you wont get all the other stuff obviously.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:37 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Larry
Originally Posted by j_digi454
You will, however, have upgraded pieces that are not included in 4LT (e.g. steering wheel, boots, shifter ****, e-brake handle, DIC button pods). Also, FWIW Larry's $3500 included leather door panels; same for me.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:55 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Well looking at all the responses seems that if you have the 4LT it is worth it and if you do not, it is not worth it.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 PM
widgetsupply
Burning Brakes

I think there is a couple of other questions to go along with this.

- Do you think you will feel the need to customize your car, or can you be happy with your purchase? I have a 2lt and am largely happy with the interior. I do need to change out the console lid, because it is awful on a long drive. However, I don't have any other comfort issues that I feel could be fixed by leather and I fit fairly snug in my cockpit. That said with the discounts you can find today I would most likely buy a 4LT if I was purchasing today.

- The question being asked is whether the additional money is a good value on an othewise almost fully loaded car. I think there are smarter questions to ask if the money is an issue at this point. Perhaps used C5's or C6's. Certainly C5's can be an incredible value. Me personally, I tend to be a new car buyer and really at this level think it should be more of a question of do you want it and can you afford it rather than is it a good value. If you want it and can afford it, get it. When I bought mine, I bought the cheapest one I could find because I wasn't sure I would be happy with it, even though I had wanted one for a long time. I figured I could mod away because I had saved so much money. I have pretty much lost my zest for modding as I am not overly happy with most of the mods I have made so far.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by widgetsupply
I think there is a couple of other questions to go along with this.

- Do you think you will feel the need to customize your car, or can you be happy with your purchase? I have a 2lt and am largely happy with the interior. I do need to change out the console lid, because it is awful on a long drive. However, I don't have any other comfort issues that I feel could be fixed by leather and I fit fairly snug in my cockpit. That said with the discounts you can find today I would most likely buy a 4LT if I was purchasing today.

- The question being asked is whether the additional money is a good value on an othewise almost fully loaded car. I think there are smarter questions to ask if the money is an issue at this point. Perhaps used C5's or C6's. Certainly C5's can be an incredible value. Me personally, I tend to be a new car buyer and really at this level think it should be more of a question of do you want it and can you afford it rather than is it a good value. If you want it and can afford it, get it. When I bought mine, I bought the cheapest one I could find because I wasn't sure I would be happy with it, even though I had wanted one for a long time. I figured I could mod away because I had saved so much money. I have pretty much lost my zest for modding as I am not overly happy with most of the mods I have made so far.
that is exactly my thoughts.
When I bought my 09, the dealer had about 30 new Vettes to choose from.
I like all the extra's and knew I would go with at least a 3LT.
I saw a few available with the 4LT but didn't like the color combo's so did not get one with the 4LT.
Everyone puts different value on things but, to Me, if going with a 3LT, the bump up to 4LT is more about preference than money.
If there was a Black 4LT interior car on the lot when I bought mine I would have bought that.
I'm extremely happy with my Vette, but there are times I wish I waited and got the 4LT.
Whether someone likes it or not is personal, but I think it's well worth the extra, over 3LT, and ... it's Factory installed
Old 07-11-2010, 02:09 PM
LionGS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
And even $3500 isn't the true price unless you got screwed at the dealer. Yes I have 4LT, went with it mostly because of the dash. While there are options out there for the dash, messing around with it can be illegal in some states (messing with airbags) and potentially set you up for a big liability hit if someone is hurt/killed being your passenger. Things like the ebrake and shifter boots can be fixed easily if you desired (and still have to be fixed on other non 4LTs also). The area around the knees is also softer. So is the 4LT worth $10k extra, not really but a lot of people that consider a 4LT wouldn't consider a 1LT.

That is why it is an option. Everyone doesn't have to like it. Just like spending almost $1900 each for NAV and Chrome wheels. Two options that I decided not to get.

And here we go again. I don;t know where these prices are coming from but I paid about $2k to upgrade for the 4LT. For me, it was not even the leather, it was more for the color scheme then anything else. I wanted two tone with cashmere. If I had ordered the 3LT then the carpet would have been cashmere as well. I love the "cashmere accents" instead of the half cashmere doors and full cashmere carpets. Totally worth it for me. I skipped the nav as well. Really don't need it and the Droid has one of the best navs I have ever used.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
And even $3500 isn't the true price unless you got screwed at the dealer. Yes I have 4LT, went with it mostly because of the dash. While there are options out there for the dash, messing around with it can be illegal in some states (messing with airbags) and potentially set you up for a big liability hit if someone is hurt/killed being your passenger. Things like the ebrake and shifter boots can be fixed easily if you desired (and still have to be fixed on other non 4LTs also). The area around the knees is also softer. So is the 4LT worth $10k extra, not really but a lot of people that consider a 4LT wouldn't consider a 1LT.

That is why it is an option. Everyone doesn't have to like it. Just like spending almost $1900 each for NAV and Chrome wheels. Two options that I decided not to get.
$3,500 is not the true price unless you paid sticker.

Great option all the way around.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:47 PM
AK Drop Top
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Because it beats the heck out of plastic.
Mine came with it and it feels good. To tell the truth I didn't know about the 4LT vs. 1,2, or 3, when I looked at the car. Saw the car advertised and said to my self, I gotta go look at this, a convertible 08 vette in CRM. Drove on the lot in my work truck, drove off in the vette with the saleman in tow in my work rig. Some say the leather is mid grade, but then again ITS LEATHER. After seeing other vette's interiors, mine rocks. I bought it used with 2500 on the meter so it was basically free IMO. Still smells new and the color combo is striking. As a DD in the summer, people stop by and take pics of the car, I guess it looks good to non-owners as well. If I knew how to add a pic i would, but I'm computer challenged.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THANKS for all the replies (both pro and con)!

Quick Reply: 4LT - What is the fuss about?