C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the funniest or dumbest comment you ever got about your vette ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

I'm sitting at a light, LEO is behind me (Just so you know, most all LEO Love Corvettes, as they are among the few who know what they really are). So I wave back at him ... he waves back at me, then I rev it up -just a bit to show off the pipes, light turns green and I proceed to turn left ... he follows, I go to the next intersection and turn left ... he follows, I pull into my office ... he pulls up right behind me and stops

I get out ... he gets out ... and walks towards me. I say "how's it going?" and he the asks "what kind of headers are you using?" Upon further discussion he was hopping-up his 500 'stang. Good guy and a fun encounter
Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
buying1stvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy pulls up to me with a beat up work pick-up, says thanks for cleaning my car for me, I smile say no prob and pull off. Next light he pulls up again now saying hes making money with his truck and I'm not, says he already made $250 what about me! I said actually I'm working and getting paid $200 to drive :-)commuting for work and getting paid to do so! His face drops as he pulls off in the beeter with minimal teeth in his mouth lol...
Old 07-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Hoodscoop
Advanced

A guy I work with says (after 2 years of seeing the car), what a nice car you have. Saturn really makes some nice stuff these days....

I said Saturn is OK and he next asks, what model is yours? I have never seen a Saturn with such wide tires. What do they call it?

I said yes, I know. It's called a Corvette you dumb F.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 AM
netcove
4th Gear

Originally Posted by speedy77
The #1 comment I get is.......It must be nice to have money ....(I'm just your average working guy. )

Love all the stories, keep'em coming.....Everybody has one !
..That's when you "attempt" to teach them about value.... What else are you going to buy for the price that damn near any C provides.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Jofu
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodscoop
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 AM
N8sFavToy
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoodscoop
Way to kill that stereotype of Corvette drivers being azzholes

Originally Posted by netcove
..That's when you "attempt" to teach them about value.... What else are you going to buy for the price that damn near any C provides.
No, that's when you ask what they drive. Chances are its a new car that cost's more than most used Vettes cost.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
xBrahmaBullx
Racer

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by getfunky
Lol you should have replied "no its a honda civic with a body kit"
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
PittMD1
Drifting

Originally Posted by coolcat
If I had a dollar for everytime people have asked me this question I'd be a rich man...

"Do you drive that thing in the snow?"

I would have to ask if you have taken leave of your senses!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM
ceastham1
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

A guy told me this weekend upon learning I now have 3 ... you should sell them all and buy a lambo ...
Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Worthington
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wbvette
Im young so I got the classic

"your dad let you drive his car"

that is probably the only thing I hate about the car is that people dont think its mine
I ran into a 17 YR old who's dad bought him a 08...

Disgusting, kid's head was in the clouds too thinking he was the greatest thing in the world until myself and a few friends repeatedly beat him down the 1/4.

Who in the world buy's their kid a car like that? How are you going to learn to appreciate things/hard work like that -not to mention young male + high performance automobile... smart idea??

The rear quarter panel was severely cracked from apparently going over train tracks too
Old 07-10-2011, 10:17 PM
N8sFavToy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Worthington
I ran into a 17 YR old who's dad bought him a 08...

Disgusting, kid's head was in the clouds too thinking he was the greatest thing in the world until myself and a few friends repeatedly beat him down the 1/4.

Who in the world buy's their kid a car like that? How are you going to learn to appreciate things/hard work like that -not to mention young male + high performance automobile... smart idea??

The rear quarter panel was severely cracked from apparently going over train tracks too
money /= sense

And maybe a Corvette is pocket money to them. They may baby him for the rest of his life and he'll be fine. At least he was at a track instead of on the street. That's better than most right there.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 PM
ZR1Gerhardt
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

The goofiest I have ever heard was whether or not my ZR1 was real or a clone of another vette? ZR1 clones, how many are out there?

The other thing I get asked all the time is how much are the payments? Must be like a mortgage! Nope, paid cash. Then they don't talk to me anymore. Huh!

Scott
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 AM
meangreen2000
Racer

Default Keep off the vette!!!

Originally Posted by tim414
I know what ya mean....this just happened to me a couple weeks ago:

I was getting gas. While I was standing there a old beater pulls into the pump next to me.....driving was a "big" hipped women w/nasty hair brown hair and riding shotgun was a toothless oily haired 'bum'. Both of them got out of their beater and walked up to my Z06. I had just finished waxing it and it was both spotless and showing deep luster. Both were standing there smiling and gaulking when suddenly the guy leans over and put BOTH hands on my Vette looking inside the passenger area and then stands back and asked me:
1) what year is it and
2) how much did you pay for it?
I was seeing "red" about to blow my top. How dare he put his hands on my Vette especially with me standing there. By this time I was returning the fuel nozzle.....I kept "polite" maintaining my composure. I stated I would greatly appreciate if you would keep your hands off "my" (emphasized MY) car, turned around and got in my 'Z, cranked it up and drove off before even latching my seatbelt.....I had to get away because i was about to get ugly.

A month before that incident I was at the same gas station but had just stopped to get a bottle of water. I had parked where I would not block others from fuel pump. After getting my water I was walking back to my car and a guy pulled up and parked behind me. He had got out of his car and walked up to my Vette and was looking and he noticed the hood. His face really 'lit' up when he saw "427". (I have 427 hood badges on my 'Z). He asked me:
1) Is this a 'real' 427?
me: yes
2) What year is it?
me: 2010
3) I did not know they made 427's anymore
me: yes, they sure do, here sits one.
4) HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR IT
me: they are the "supercar" bargain of the century
5) really? I was thinking about getting one of those fast mustangs but if they are that 'cheap' I think I will go and check them out.
me: you do that.....you will be surprised!!!!

Got in my car smiling. He stood there and I have the M2W set up always 'on'. I cranked it, pushed the console button a couple times to "competitive" driving mode and gave him a little display of the Z06's capabilities leaving out of there.

I cannot believe the audascity of some people.....especially placing their hands on my Vette.....what gives them the idea that it is okay to put their hands on some one elses property? I would NEVER do something like that....go figure....
This really seems to be a problem with some people.

A buddy and I (both police officers) were out on his driveway one weekend washing our Vettes (his a 2002 EB coup, mine a 2000 BGM vert). His driveway isn't that wide so my vert was parked fully on the pavement and his was parked with only the passenger side tires off on the grass.

So we're sitting there smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer when this middle age woman (wearing way too much make up with dragon lady fake nails and doing her best to look like she's very well to do and 20 years younger than she actually is) walks up and begins to speak with us. Now she starts to go on about how she and several others in the community are trying to get a home owners association started. She's telling us how this would better the community and how much it would benefit everyone. As she sits there she puts her greasy paw which has a ring on practically every finger right on the trunk lid of my vert and begins to click her nails on the freshly waxed paint.

Well my buddy knows how hot headed I can be and just gives me a look and a simple calm down hand gesture. As she's talking she begins to tell us how he shouldn't park in the grass, how trashy it is, and how if he does it again he could get a violation (now mind you there is no home owners association...she just wants to start one.)

After about 2 minutes of her hand being on my car I can no longer contain myself. Now I'm not a little guy, 6'1" and about 245, and being a Marine I can unload my lungs at a very effective volume. I ask her calmly...

ME...So there isn't a HOA yet?
HER...NO but were starting one soon.
Me...OK...well if there isn't one...KEEP YOUR GREASY HANDS OFF MY EFFING CAR AND GET THE HELL OFF THIS EFFING PROPERTY!!!

She was almost a block away before I could fill my lungs back up. I asked my buddy a few months later if they ever started that HOA....NOPE!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 AM
gorilla1969
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

1) Your American car can't handle like a Japanese or German car.

2) Your car is a gas hog (I have a LS2 motor with a stick).
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by meangreen2000

A buddy and I (both police officers) were out on his driveway one weekend washing our Vettes (his a 2002 EB coup, mine a 2000 BGM vert). His driveway isn't that wide so my vert was parked fully on the pavement and his was parked with only the passenger side tires off on the grass.

So we're sitting there smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer when this middle age woman (wearing way too much make up with dragon lady fake nails and doing her best to look like she's very well to do and 20 years younger than she actually is) walks up and begins to speak with us. Now she starts to go on about how she and several others in the community are trying to get a home owners association started. She's telling us how this would better the community and how much it would benefit everyone. As she sits there she puts her greasy paw which has a ring on practically every finger right on the trunk lid of my vert and begins to click her nails on the freshly waxed paint.

Well my buddy knows how hot headed I can be and just gives me a look and a simple calm down hand gesture. As she's talking she begins to tell us how he shouldn't park in the grass, how trashy it is, and how if he does it again he could get a violation (now mind you there is no home owners association...she just wants to start one.)

After about 2 minutes of her hand being on my car I can no longer contain myself. Now I'm not a little guy, 6'1" and about 245, and being a Marine I can unload my lungs at a very effective volume. I ask her calmly...

Me...OK...well if there isn't one...KEEP YOUR GREASY HANDS OFF MY EFFING CAR AND GET THE HELL OFF THIS EFFING PROPERTY!!!

She was almost a block away before I could fill my lungs back up. I asked my buddy a few months later if they ever started that HOA....NOPE!!!
At least you guys just had them put their hand on your car. At a car show once I caught somebody sitting on my fender to take a picture. He sat down from the front basically right over the headlight. He is lucky he didn't have jeans on and didn't make a mark.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
eyoung3sm
Instructor

Originally Posted by meangreen2000

These stories are great and I feel exactly the same way. People always comment how I am out every weekend washing or waxing my car. They just don't understand it's a love affair that is hard to explain. I take care of a car I earned after many years of only dreaming I could have one - and now that I have one I am going to take care of it and take exception to anyone not respecting it.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 AM
xBrahmaBullx
Racer

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by eyoung3sm
These stories are great and I feel exactly the same way. People always comment how I am out every weekend washing or waxing my car. They just don't understand it's a love affair that is hard to explain. I take care of a car I earned after many years of only dreaming I could have one - and now that I have one I am going to take care of it and take exception to anyone not respecting it.

While I agree with your comment. I find it a bit hypocritical given your avatar. However she is hot and that does go a long way...

Get notified of new replies

To What is the funniest or dumbest comment you ever got about your vette ?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
eyoung3sm
Instructor

Originally Posted by xBrahmaBullx
While I agree with your comment. I find it a bit hypocritical given your avatar. However she is hot and that does go a long way...
Although that isn't my car I do make exceptions for beautiful women who want to pose on my car.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
inthehunt2
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eyoung3sm
Although that isn't my car I do make exceptions for beautiful women who want to pose on my car.
As long as they aren't wearing riveted jeans...

Hey... Did we just justify pics of women wearing just about nothing? Skin is the softest thing to put on paint.... Just sayin'...
Old 07-13-2011, 03:35 PM
TripleAstyle123
Pro

at a gas station in my 08 JSB, a hillbilly looking guy yells to me "hey!, is that thing a viper?!" I said "nope its a vette" and he looked dumbfounded

Quick Reply: What is the funniest or dumbest comment you ever got about your vette ?