C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP- Thanks all!- Long Post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
petiebear
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My NPP in a box is installed in one of my rear compartments, and the vacuum hose connects to the NPP's. I don't understand why the vacuum hose is being installed to the manifold on the engine.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
AtHomeSoda
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ah..

Originally Posted by petiebear
My NPP in a box is installed in one of my rear compartments, and the vacuum hose connects to the NPP's. I don't understand why the vacuum hose is being installed to the manifold on the engine.
The box does not MAKE vacuum.... it just controls it... At one time, no longer, I think they make a box with a vacuum pump... but... it bit the dust..

Last edited by AtHomeSoda; 07-07-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Dual mode definitely makes these cars come ALIVE! I made sure, when I bought my '10 GS, that it had dual mode... First Mod>>> M2W! Absolutely love it.

Long road trip, closed.

Everywhere else, WIDE OPEN!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
petiebear
Pro

Originally Posted by AtHomeSoda
The box does not MAKE vacuum.... it just controls it... At one time, no longer, I think they make a box with a vacuum pump... but... it bit the dust..
My box makes vacuum. It must be an old one. I've had it for 2-1/2 years, and it still works perfectly.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
AtHomeSoda
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by petiebear
My box makes vacuum. It must be an old one. I've had it for 2-1/2 years, and it still works perfectly.
yup, the new box is a lot smaller...
Old 07-07-2010, 07:46 PM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcmarathon
I purchased the NPP mufflers off ebay and had them installed. I still have not been able to pop the T off the vacuum line inlet. My hand looked like raw hamburger after several hours attempting to snap it off. Did you run the hacksaw blade down from the top of the engine?
For the LS2 the vacuum connection is in front of the intake manifold. The LS3 connection is at the rear of the manifold and is very hard to access, as you have already found.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
bassspring
Racer

Originally Posted by jcmarathon
I purchased the NPP mufflers off ebay and had them installed. I still have not been able to pop the T off the vacuum line inlet. My hand looked like raw hamburger after several hours attempting to snap it off. Did you run the hacksaw blade down from the top of the engine?
I can't post pix but if you will send me your email address I will send you a pic of what I made to snap it off.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 AM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by bassspring
I can't post pix but if you will send me your email address I will send you a pic of what I made to snap it off.
I used a Skilsaw blade...the ones with the pointed tip...and taped the 'handle'...I managed to pop the T fitting by using a small compact mirror (my wife is going to kill me when she finds it missing!)...a small mag light...and reaching in from above the intake manifold...using my left hand as a guide...wedged the tip of the blade against the T and straight piece of plastic...turned the blade...and it popped off...

This was after quite a few tries....

Also, I installed a tie wrap around the hose as it connected to the manifold. I started the tie wrap before I connected the hose....then pulled it tight around the hose after I managed to put the hose on the manifold fitting...

I didn't want it to fall off and have to go through this again!...

Good luck....
Old 04-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Bat66
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 2007 LS 2 exactly where is the vacum connection located on the front of my engine.

Quick Reply: NPP- Thanks all!- Long Post!