C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Heritage Package/Interior Color/Hash Marks Question

I’m hoping to order a 2011 GS this week and I’m looking for a little input from the Forum. I’m ordering a Torch Red coupe (targa top) and planning on using it as a daily driver for the work commute.

My question is in regards to the Heritage Package. I’m a big fan of the hash marks, but not really a fan of the two tone interior or the Grand Sport headrest embroidery. I personally like an all black interior. To me, it seems like the light gray, tan or red would start to look a bit grungy after a few years of daily driving. In addition, I really like the crossed flags embroidery stand alone option. The words “Grand Sport” embroidered on the headrest in the Heritage Package really doesn’t do it for me.....the flags are sweet! (just my preferences…not a slam to others).

So my questions: Am I correct in my assumption that all black will be easier to maintain and keep looking new in the long run? Any thoughts on long term look of the lighter colors? And can you just order the hash marks separately from the Heritage Package (the dealers I spoke with didn’t seem to want to do something that custom on an order for a 2011)? If so any ideas on price? Is it more of an aftermarket type of thing? And of course, opinions, and other comments are welcome!

Last edited by DigitalWidgets; 06-22-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

hash marks can be ordered seperately
Old 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
gmmcgar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the hash marks can ordered seperately,,thats what I did on my Cyber Gray GS Vert. I also went the black interior with the cross flags on the headrest, looks sweet! You don't have order the entire heritage package to get the mods you want.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I have a 2 tone int and it looks fine after 25k miles and 2 years old

Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Batman 357
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

The black interior is common. IF I was going to spring for a Heritage Package I would go with a cashmere as the base interior color. The other option is to save some bucks and skip the Heritage Package and get the black interior that you want.

Different strokes......
Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

As others have said, yes you can order the hash marks separate. The flags will cost you a extra hundred bucks or so if you go with a solid color interior. The flags are standard with any 2-tone interior.

I have the ebony/cashmere interior and it looks great and I have not had any issues maintaining the lighter color cashmere. My XLR-V has a solid cashmere interior and no issues with it either. However, the floor mats are another story. Consequently, I recommend black floor mats.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Keppler
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

After owning 2 ebony interior vettes I wanted something different. I was looking for a titanium two tone interior until I saw several posts regarding keeping the seats clean. Then I saw a red/black interior (as above) and had to have it. Bought a 2010 GS torch red with the Heritage package (silver stripes). Very satisfied with the red/black interior and think it will not show dirt as bad as the lighter colors. Although I only have 1200 miles on the car.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Your question on the price of the hash marks, from our Vendor gmpartshouse.com:

Grand Sport Stripes (Hash Marks)

20850698 – Silver - $382.38
20850696 – Red - $382.38
20850697 – Gray - $382.38
20827889 – White - $382.38

Order the car the way you want it, don't feel bound by what GM wants you to take in their packages. It's only a few hundred $ to add the things you want. Have fun.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Badgerfan87
2019 GS Coupe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Ordering the heritage package is somewhat of a ripoff BUT I ordered a 2011 GS Coupe CRM with Dark Titanium/ebony interior. Taking museum delivery on 6/26/190 at 8 am. I ordered the heritage package specifically since dealers generally are not ordering it as well as buyers of pre sold cars to individuals. (in fact when i did the buyers tour a couple of weeks ago I was the only GS on the line that I remember seeing with the heritage package) This will make my car somehwhat more unique. The heritage package is not worth the money but whoever said buying a 65k to 70k car which I can only drive 6 months of the year makes financial sense either. Get what you want is the answer and be happy.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Tim
The flags are standard with any 2-tone interior.
Incorrect. They're standard with the extra cost ($695) 2-tone seats but you don't have to get 2-tone seats to get a 2-tone interior. With 2LT or 3LT you can order a 2-tone interior in ebony/titanium, ebony/red, or ebony/cashmere at no extra cost. In such cases, the seats will be solid in the second color and will not come with flags inless RPO 0B1 ("Crossed Flag Embroidery on Headrests") is also ordered for $300.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Badgerfan87
Ordering the heritage package is somewhat of a ripoff BUT I ordered a 2011 GS Coupe CRM with Dark Titanium/ebony interior. Taking museum delivery on 6/26/190 at 8 am. I ordered the heritage package specifically since dealers generally are not ordering it as well as buyers of pre sold cars to individuals. (in fact when i did the buyers tour a couple of weeks ago I was the only GS on the line that I remember seeing with the heritage package) This will make my car somehwhat more unique. The heritage package is not worth the money but whoever said buying a 65k to 70k car which I can only drive 6 months of the year makes financial sense either. Get what you want is the answer and be happy.
Don't mean to go off topic but a quick question,
From the time you placed your order with your selling dealer to the date it came off the line and ready for R8C delivery, what was that time frame? TIA
Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Incorrect. They're standard with the extra cost ($695) 2-tone seats but you don't have to get 2-tone seats to get a 2-tone interior. With 2LT or 3LT you can order a 2-tone interior in ebony/titanium, ebony/red, or ebony/cashmere at no extra cost. In such cases, the seats will be solid in the second color and will not come with flags inless RPO 0B1 ("Crossed Flag Embroidery on Headrests") is also ordered for $300.
I stand corrected... sort of... When I referred to "2-tone interior" I meant "2-tone seats". I did not realize anyone made the distinction or that you could order a specific 2-tone interior without getting 2-tone seats. I don't recall ever seeing a option code on a order sheet for a specific interior. I thought the interior was determined based on the seat choice. I guess you learn something new every day.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
chuckr
Racer

Originally Posted by C6Tim
I stand corrected... sort of... When I referred to "2-tone interior" I meant "2-tone seats". I did not realize anyone made the distinction or that you could order a specific 2-tone interior without getting 2-tone seats. I don't recall ever seeing a option code on a order sheet for a specific interior. I thought the interior was determined based on the seat choice. I guess you learn something new every day.
Wrong Two tone seats come with the flags price 695.00
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by chuckr
Wrong Two tone seats come with the flags price 695.00
Not sure what you are saying "wrong" about. If you read my first post you will see I indicated that the logo is standard on the 2-tone seats.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 PM
clarkakirby
Racer

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
I’m hoping to order a 2011 GS this week and I’m looking for a little input from the Forum. I’m ordering a Torch Red coupe.

My question is in regards to the Heritage Package. I’m a big fan of the hash marks, but not really a fan of the two tone interior or the Grand Sport headrest embroidery. I personally like an all black interior. In addition, I really like the crossed flags embroidery stand alone option. The words “Grand Sport” embroidered on the headrest in the Heritage Package really doesn’t do it for me.....the flags are sweet! (just my preferences…not a slam to others). So my questions: Am I correct in my assumption that all black will be easier to maintain and keep looking new in the long run? And can you just order the hash marks separately from the Heritage Package (the dealers I spoke with didn’t seem to want to do something that custom on an order for a 2011)? And of course, opinions, and other comments are welcome!
I have a 2010 Torch Red Coupe Grand Sport. I ordered the ebony (black) interior because I did not like the two-tone seats. I also ordered the Corvette flag embroidery on the headrests since I did not like the "Grand Sport" embroidery. I had the dealer order me the silver Heritage Stripes and had them put them on. I chose silver over white stripes only because the silver stripes match the caliper color. If your dealer is not sure you will take the car once it is in stock, that may be why they are reluctant to put the stripes on the car. Not everyone likes them and not everyone will pay for them (pricey). You may also wish to consider the dealer installed full-length rear spoiler. I had my dealer order me one, I had my painter spray it Torch Red, and the dealer installed it the same day they did the Heritage Stripes. You can get what you want.

The ONLY downside that I can see to doing it this way (my way) is that in 15-20 years, the new owner of your car might take it to a NCRS meet and the Heritage Stripes (without the full "package") and the full-width spoiler would be considered non-factory and get originality deductions. -Clark

Get notified of new replies

To Heritage Package Question

Quick Reply: Heritage Package Question