C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Customer DISservice / Hoskins, too.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
coryvte
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default GM Customer DISservice / Hoskins, too.

The 2009 vette I bought new last March has been in for "repairs" 4 times for the same problem...SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING, and REDUCED ENGINE POWER. Per GM's customer service, they have guided me to HOSKINS Chevy in Elk Grove, IL.

This latest time for the last week and a half with no resolution to date. It gets worse, the customer service rep from GM's support line, call her Ashley ex.41471, has been worthless. All I get from GM is...I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry....blah blah blah.

Hoskins Chevy has had my vette at least 23 days so far, and since I do not drive it daily, or through the Chicago winter, they have had it at least 15% of my "opportunity time".
Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Time to research Illinois Lemon Law? May be your best bet at this point? I wish you the best and hope you can resolve this, one way or another, to your satisfaction.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 PM
coryvte
Racer

Lemon law in Illinois is 4 times in the 1st 12 months....it was 14 months

With traction control and active handling being part of the brake system, Im worried about my safety. Unfortunatley, I don't think GM cares.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 AM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

If you haven't already done so, you may want to contact Geoff Allen, the Forum's GM Rep.

Sorry to hear about your on going problems. Good Luck.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VettinFan
If you haven't already done so, you may want to contact Geoff Allen, the Forum's GM Rep.

Sorry to hear about your on going problems. Good Luck.
I agree... See if Geoff will look into it. You have nothing to lose and Geoff seems to have an active interest in trying to keep the forum members happy...

Good luck!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coryvte
With traction control and active handling being part of the brake system, Im worried about my safety. Unfortunatley, I don't think GM cares.
My 07 keeps coming up with "Service Active Handling" on the DIC. GM has a safety recall for 05's & 06's with this problem. Since my Vette (actually built in Oct. 06) is an 07, GM's Customer Dis-service states, "sorry, 07's aren't covered, your on your own" to have it repaired at your own expense.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Superproducer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j_digi454
My 07 keeps coming up with "Service Active Handling" on the DIC. GM has a safety recall for 05's & 06's with this problem. Since my Vette (actually built in Oct. 06) is an 07, GM's Customer Dis-service states, "sorry, 07's aren't covered, your on your own" to have it repaired at your own expense.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike Anderson Chevrolet on the North West side of Chicago has great service and service reps. Mike Collins is the guy you should speak to.

Very easy to get to right off the Kennedy Expressway.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Superproducer
OK, are you referring to what I said as BS or are you saying what GM has told me is BS.

Call Kris at GM Customer Service and use Case # 71-827.937.581 (references my claim) and you will get the answer I stated above, 07's don't qualify for the safety recall, period!

Last edited by j_digi454; 06-22-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
lastplayboy
Intermediate

I live 5 minutes from hoskins on the other side of Busse Woods.

I did a little research on forums and with other corvette owners.

The best place to take your vette is Libertyville chevy and the second best place is Bill Stasek in wheeling.

Hoskins is a really low volume dealer.

Good Luck
Old 06-22-2010, 10:57 PM
coryvte
Racer

I "let" GM customer service tell me where to take it. THEY towed it to Hoskins the 1st time and said to go back there each time....due to experience with the car.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:36 AM
odysseus1
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '11

You can bring your Vette to the dealership of your choice. I agree with what " lastplayboy",stated and in that order. On the forum go to" upcomming events and regional discussion-Great Lakes." Then to a reset post -Who to contact at Libertyville Chevy ,6-17-2010. Good Luck!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I would be going to another dealer for the next repair to see if they can fix it for good
Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't imagine why the problem cannot be resolved. Have you you thought about trying a different dealership? It seems like a last resort but if this situation qualifies under your state Lemon Law you might be better off pursuing that option. Over and above the technical requirements to qualify I'd stress that you've lost confidence in this particular car and feel its unsafe. I hope it works out for you...good luck.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

The 2009 vette I bought new last March has been in for "repairs" 4 times for the same problem...SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING, and REDUCED ENGINE POWER. Per GM's customer service, they have guided me to HOSKINS Chevy in Elk Grove, IL.

This latest time for the last week and a half with no resolution to date. It gets worse, the customer service rep from GM's support line, call her Ashley ex.41471, has been worthless. All I get from GM is...I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry....blah blah blah.

Hoskins Chevy has had my vette at least 23 days so far, and since I do not drive it daily, or through the Chicago winter, they have had it at least 15% of my "opportunity time".
Not sure where in IL you are located, but I would take the car to Libertyville Chevy in Libertyville... Kevin Paddak has been the Vette Tech there for at least 20 years,,,he really knows his stuff. Most of the Chicago crew have service work done there. They even have a performance shop for aftermarket stuff in the dealership which kevin runs!
I don't think the big problem is necessarily with your car, its the Moron techs at Hoskins and the other places GM has sent you.

Good luck
Old 06-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Ktzon
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-23-2010, 08:28 PM
coryvte
Racer

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Not sure where in IL you are located, but I would take the car to Libertyville Chevy in Libertyville... Kevin Paddak has been the Vette Tech there for at least 20 years,,,he really knows his stuff. Most of the Chicago crew have service work done there. They even have a performance shop for aftermarket stuff in the dealership which kevin runs!
I don't think the big problem is necessarily with your car, its the Moron techs at Hoskins and the other places GM has sent you.

Good luck
Yep, I should/could take it to a different dealer BUT this is a GM problem as THEY told me to take it there. I let THEM make that call because it is THEIR responsibility to make it right.....That was GM can't say..."Well you made that decision".....So I let GM make that call....as poor as it was/is.

I'm in Mt. Prospect. Kevin has already been informed to about this problem through a coworker's, friend's, coworker who works with Kevin.

If GM could get their $%%#@* together, THEY would have this info available to ALL dealers and require the expertise to be cross-communicated. There is no reason that GM couldn't stand up and tell Hoskins..."You had your chance the 1st time (2nd, 3rd, whatever), now bring in the big guns from Libertyville." If Kevin IS that good, or anyone else with that expertise, GM should know and use their resources to better the company, the service to the customer,etc. GM pays the dealer directly for service, they can make that call at anytime.....Remember, it was GM that said take it to Hoskins. They easily could have said..."Take it to Libertyville" but they didn't.

Hoskins not good....GM worse!!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To GM Customer DISservice / Hoskins, too.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, I should/could take it to a different dealer BUT this is a GM problem as THEY told me to take it there. I let THEM make that call because it is THEIR responsibility to make it right.....That was GM can't say..."Well you made that decision".....So I let GM make that call....as poor as it was/is.

I'm in Mt. Prospect. Kevin has already been informed to about this problem through a coworker's, friend's, coworker who works with Kevin.

If GM could get their $%%#@* together, THEY would have this info available to ALL dealers and require the expertise to be cross-communicated. There is no reason that GM couldn't stand up and tell Hoskins..."You had your chance the 1st time (2nd, 3rd, whatever), now bring in the big guns from Libertyville." If Kevin IS that good, or anyone else with that expertise, GM should know and use their resources to better the company, the service to the customer,etc. GM pays the dealer directly for service, they can make that call at anytime.....Remember, it was GM that said take it to Hoskins. They easily could have said..."Take it to Libertyville" but they didn't.

What you're saying makes no sense. If you know the best place to take it to, why wouldn't you bring it to Kevin at Libertyville. Doing the same thing over, and over, and expecting different results is kind of.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
What you're saying makes no sense. If you know the best place to take it to, why wouldn't you bring it to Kevin at Libertyville. Doing the same thing over, and over, and expecting different results is kind of.
Yea, I think so. I understand what you are saying about doing what Customer No Service is telling you to do BUT.......they don't know what members here know, and now you know, about the best place to take a Vette for the best mechanic. IMO you are just making yourself more miserable waiting for Customer No Service to do something positive. Unless of course you are trying to build more of a case for a refund or something, which I doubt will happen no matter what. You need to take matters in your own hands, get your car to the best mechanic you know of ASAP and get it fixed so you can start to enjoy it. JMO's of course and I really do hope this all works out for you.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Kozzzz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't be mislead into thinking that GM recommends a dealership based on anything more than:

1. The brand of your vehicle.
2. The closest dealership of that brand with respect to your location.

They don't keep any track of which service specialties a dealership has; that's not money to be made by GM. If you know of a better location for service, take it there. Any GM dealership is fine in terms of preserving your warranty, there is no benefit in using one Chevy dealership recommended by some random customer service person at GM over another Chevy dealership that didn't pop up on their list when you called them. There was no 'special' reason for them to recommend the dealership that they did, other than it's probably the most convenient.

Quick Reply: GM Customer DISservice / Hoskins, too.