C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Stinger / GHL race exhaust drone

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Thejoker502
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Stinger / GHL race exhaust drone

All,
I have been doing some research on what exhaust to put on the Vette and seem to like the borla and the GHLs but am concerned about the drone on the highway. Is there anyone in Upstate NY that would take me for a ride in a C6 equipped with either exhaust or can someone take a sound clip of the cockpit noise on the highway?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
John
Old 06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
cdoo932
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey John. I have the Genuine Corvette Accessories exhaust. i think it is made by Borla for GM. There is a thread about it. Link-http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2587981-gm-exhaust-kits.html
Also here is a link to the GCA parts site-
http://www.gmad.com/details.asp?prod_id=53451
I live by Cooperstown. I'm about an hour or so from Cuse and would be willing to let you check out my exhaust.I'll let you buy it if you like it. I'm thinking of going with Corsa Extremes or BB Bullets for turning heads. I dont drive it anywhere far and just want loud. Let me know.
Steve
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 PM
cdoo932
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Also is there anyone in upstate NY with Bullets or other real loud exhaust that would let me listen to it. I'm thinking of taking my GCA exhaust off and going loud. I'm by Cooperstown,NY. Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 PM
BowTieBlood
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little too far away to let you listen to my car, but I can assure you that at highway speeds I have zero drone. Unless I'm in the gas you can't really hear the exhaust at all on my Borla Multicores. It's not as quiet as some of the moderate aftermarket systems, but it's also not as loud as a bullet or loudmouth There is some drone at low acceleration speeds, which will be the case with most systems.

Here is a video from about 5-6 feet away:

Old 06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Borla!

Get notified of new replies

To Borla Stinger / GHL race exhaust drone

Quick Reply: Borla Stinger / GHL race exhaust drone