C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top replaced, reset indexing ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
bj33813
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top replaced, reset indexing ?

just got the "new" c6 replacement top back from dealer, and I notice that the passenger side window makes a loud clunk on closing the door when the glass hits the top. I went thru the indexing procedure as outlined in the manual, and top window grooves seem to be the same on both sides, yet the clunk persists, and does not happen on driver side window. Maybe top is lower on passenger side lol.
Any way to fix this to avoid another trip to dealer ?

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by bj33813
just got the "new" c6 replacement top back from dealer, and I notice that the passenger side window makes a loud clunk on closing the door when the glass hits the top. I went thru the indexing procedure as outlined in the manual, and top window grooves seem to be the same on both sides, yet the clunk persists, and does not happen on driver side window. Maybe top is lower on passenger side lol.
Any way to fix this to avoid another trip to dealer ?

Thank you in advance.
Same thing happened to me. In my case, underneath the weather stripping on the roof, the middle screw was only partially reinstalled and the window glass hits that when rolled all the way up. Phillip screw driver took care of that. Hope that helps!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

If the screw is not the problem I would try reindexing it in the down position. I had a problem once where the top of the glass was exposed when it was in the down position. I was afraid it would be hit by something and it would shatter. I tried doing the normal index thing in reverse and it worked. Window was realigned top and bottom.
Mike
Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 AM
bj33813
Racer

Thanks for the replies guys. All the screws are as tight as I can get them, but its definitely the problem as I can see 3 nicks on the top edge of the glass where the 3 screws hit.
I tried the reverse indexing (window down, hold switch in down position for 3 secs, then press down again for 3 secs), but no change.
Guess I need to make that trip to dealer again.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. All the screws are as tight as I can get them, but its definitely the problem as I can see 3 nicks on the top edge of the glass where the 3 screws hit.
I tried the reverse indexing (window down, hold switch in down position for 3 secs, then press down again for 3 secs), but no change.
If you trust the dealer, go for it. But you can do that by taking the offending screws off and shorten them. Screw threads already formed in the holes, just screw them back carefully so they would follow the existing threads and you will be fine. To ensure all is well, rub crayon on top edge of both glass, roll them up and do the same to the offenders. Hope that helps!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
C&M Racing
Instructor

My car does the same thing after the top recall. It hit the three screws on each side. I am beginning to think that they have left something off the new top.

Get notified of new replies

To top replaced, reset indexing ?

Quick Reply: top replaced, reset indexing ?