C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 - 2006 Corvettes Recalled

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:55 AM
steven05Z51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dad purchased a 05 z51 in mill yellow coupe and had to bring the car back the next day to have the clips on the targa top fixed and i guess that part was repainted as well? yeah so recall on the t-tops in 05!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:17 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default What a different dealer makes!

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
Well here is the update. GM Customer Service takes the same line as the dealer but makes notes that this is an active open problem on the rear end and until it makes more noise where they can pin point it, they'll do nothing. As for the AH, they consider it fixed as of now, yikes, FOUR (4) sensors in 3 1/2 years! Any thoughts?
I took it to another dealer who was recommended by 21 Century Muscle Cars, Addison,TX, Friendly Chevrolet, Dallas, TX, they are really trying to resolve problems, here is what they promoised me, that they would contact Corvette Engineers, the results: Because of continious problems with differential, they will replace out and is on order and should be in this week; as for the TC/AH possible brake lockup with the forth (4) sensor in the car now, they will replace the harness, brake module, and new sensor after confering with each other at the dealer. Now the meaning of stealership really comes into play with the previous two dealers. This current dealer, Friendly Chevrolet - Dallas, has really been great and I'm finally getting some trust and respect. Hopefully I'll have the car back this week, the Malibu with 4k miles is not a Vette but sure rides quiet, that back end is GREAT! This has taken 3 1/2 years to get to this point and I have a two page warranty history, it shows that this car has been a real problem. As for not being a lemon car, TX has three (3) repairs in one (1) year and the dealers do delay, delay and delay to get around it. I'll do another update.

UPDATE: The GOOD service manager is now gone, understand from another dealer that Friendly Chevrolet has HIGH TURNOVER of personnel, I just happen to hit it lucky.

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 11-22-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:45 AM
CubanMissile
Racer

...and I'd thought my car was possessed!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 PM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

@#%$#ing recall didnt fix the issue. Took it in last saturday and on sunday...BAM SAH, brakes locked up. Will do it if i drive for around 20 minutes. last night, was driving down road and all brakes locked up with "active handling" on DIC (note...it didnt say service). the brakes released then locked up again instantly. I had to pull over and shut the car down. This issue is getting ridiculous!!! Would it be better to just buy the steering position sensor and install it myself? I would really hate to give the dealer any more of my $$$ to fix an issue that should have been fixed in the first place. And on that note, anyone wanna buy a 05 Mag Red Z51...slightly used and highly dangerous (er... meant for those that seek thrills).
Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by schizcat
@#%$#ing recall didnt fix the issue. Took it in last saturday and on sunday...BAM SAH, brakes locked up. Will do it if i drive for around 20 minutes. last night, was driving down road and all brakes locked up with "active handling" on DIC (note...it didnt say service). the brakes released then locked up again instantly. I had to pull over and shut the car down. This issue is getting ridiculous!!! Would it be better to just buy the steering position sensor and install it myself? I would really hate to give the dealer any more of my $$$ to fix an issue that should have been fixed in the first place. And on that note, anyone wanna buy a 05 Mag Red Z51...slightly used and highly dangerous (er... meant for those that seek thrills).
How much? How many miles?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
sscamaro
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by schizcat
I had the same problem. They replaced the YAW( rollover sensor) sensor in the dash. I've had it back for 2 weeks now and it seems to be OK now. Have the dealer scan the codes.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:48 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Default Finally fixed hopefully!

I took it to another dealer who was recommended by 21 Century Muscle Cars, Addison,TX, Friendly Chevrolet, Dallas, TX, they are really trying to resolve problems, here is what they promoised me, that they would contact Corvette Engineers, the results: Because of continious problems with differential, they will replace out and is on order and should be in this week; as for the TC/AH possible brake lockup with the forth (4) sensor in the car now, they will replace the harness, brake module, and new sensor after confering with each other at the dealer. Now the meaning of stealership really comes into play with the previous two dealers. This current dealer, Friendly Chevrolet - Dallas, has really been great and I'm finally getting some trust and respect. Hopefully I'll have the car back this week, the Malibu with 4k miles is not a Vette but sure rides quiet, that back end is GREAT! This has taken 3 1/2 years to get to this point and I have a two page warranty history, it shows that this car has been a real problem. As for not being a lemon car, TX has three (3) repairs in one (1) year and the dealers do delay, delay and delay to get around it. I'll do another update.
I received my car back on 8/18/10 and the differential was completely rebuilt (new gears, seals, bearings, clutch packs, etc.), GM didn't want to exchange rear end out so next best thing. The clanging, thumping, and whining noise is gone, steady low hum now, I wish NO HUM, but not so, more tire noise than anything else. As a result, I have ordered a set of CCW T10 anodized wheels 1" wider (9.5" & 11") and are being anodized now, then to be shipped, I expect to receive them the end of this week or the following week. They had already built them as of Friday per phone call.

As for the TC/AH, they replaced the harness, steering sensor, and brake module. Hopefully, this resolves the sensor problem. Now only if they can resolve other individuals who are getting the same message, at least they tried something different in my car, ABOUT TIME! I will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Friendly Chevrolet, Dallas, TX, was absolutely great, I just hate the long drive, really can't complain now. Cheers!

Good luck to all on resolving their problem!

UPDATE: The GOOD service manager at Friendly Chevrolet is now GONE, I understand from another dealer, Friendly Chevrolet has high turnover.

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 11-22-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:05 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

I received my car back on 8/18/10 and the differential was completely rebuilt (new gears, seals, bearings, clutch packs, etc.), GM didn't want to exchange rear end out so next best thing. The clanging, thumping, and whining noise is gone, steady low hum now, I wish NO HUM, but not so, more tire noise than anything else. As a result, I have ordered a set of CCW T10 anodized wheels 1" wider (9.5" & 11") and are being anodized now, then to be shipped, I expect to receive them the end of this week or the following week. They had already built them as of Friday per phone call.

As for the TC/AH, they replaced the harness, steering sensor, and brake module. Hopefully, this resolves the sensor problem. Now only if they can resolve other individuals who are getting the same message, at least they tried something different in my car, ABOUT TIME! I will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Friendly Chevrolet, Dallas, TX, was absolutely great, I just hate the long drive, really can't complain now. Cheers!

Good luck to all on resolving their problem!
I'm glad they are working it for you but am shocked at how much work you are having to have done. Good luck!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 456 Likes on 342 Posts

On the steering wheel one - they say till it throws a code they will leave it alone.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:41 PM
rmonday
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The TSB does not solve the problem.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rmonday
See my previous posts.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:38 PM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 09-05-2010, 02:39 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Default TSB covering up problem on A/H TC!

See my previous posts.
Originally Posted by KarlK
On the A/H TC problem the TSB is covering up the problem and the clip is more cosmetic than anything else, GM knows it has a big problem, but is pulling a Toyota type coverup by just throwing something at it, accelerator pedal, especially the spring shim.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
sscamaro
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

On the A/H TC problem the TSB is covering up the problem and the clip is more cosmetic than anything else, GM knows it has a big problem, but is pulling a Toyota type coverup by just throwing something at it, accelerator pedal, especially the spring shim.
The dealer fixed my AH problem by replacing the Yaw sensor in the dash. My 05 was out of warranty and they didn't charge anything.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
rmonday
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Sah

I had already replaced the original and second clip. When I recieved the recall I called and told them neither clip including putting putting waterproof sealant grease did not fix the problem. The "Corvette service person" said they may have to put a shunt in instead. This is what I was going to do myself( wire around the connector and solder). I said ok.

When I dropped the car off the service active handling was on. I went to pick up the car and was told that it had no codes on. I said what was that I showed you on the dash a figmant of my imagination?

They said no one would have told me they would put a shunt on it. They don't do that. So they put a new clip and grease on it and said it was fixed.

I am now soldering wires around the connector. Lame Lame Lame

Ron
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
C6 Strangebob
Safety Car

FWIW, my 2005 locked up a block from home last year and gave the SES message. I took it in on 10/23/09. The dealer installed that clip 19179794. The description on the work order says Scan for codes, found C0710-52 and C0710-1F, install clip in connector per bulletin 06-02-35-002B. No problems since then.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:18 AM
berry1
Instructor

Default Steering column fix

Originally Posted by bg42103
Details here along with phone numbers...
Repeated movement of the steering column could interrupt the signal within the column, which will illuminate the message “Service Active Handling System.” In rare instances, this could apply one or more of the brakes and pull the Corvette to the right or left. If the driver is caught off guard, this could lead to a dangerous situation.
Please, what is the GM TSB number for this fix?

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 - 2006 Corvettes Recalled

Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C6 Strangebob
FWIW, my 2005 locked up a block from home last year and gave the SES message. I took it in on 10/23/09. The dealer installed that clip 19179794. The description on the work order says Scan for codes, found C0710-52 and C0710-1F, install clip in connector per bulletin 06-02-35-002B. No problems since then.
What is the SES message? Do you mean Service Active Handling?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by vettedoogie
What is the SES message? Do you mean Service Active Handling?
I've had the SES, ABS and Security Lock Icons all come on along with the STC and SAH on the DIC.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
mack morrow jr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are 5 recalls on the 06. 3 are on the top.

Quick Reply: 2005 - 2006 Corvettes Recalled