C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote got wet, how do I start my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Epic_C6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HummelS
I didn't intend to make a smart *** comment. My observation is that there are a LOT of folks who will buy a $50K car, and do not bother to read the basic information about how to operate the damn thing. You can easily read through the owner's manual in an evening, and then you won't have to come onto this Forum looking like an ill-informed newbie, asking the same questions that we get here every week.

Be careful on your response to this - name calling will get you some vacation time.
How was that not intended to be smart a**? Give me a break "buddy". The corvette manual is 430 pages of stuff I probably will never need to know and I admitted to not knowing about the glove box FOB holder which I thanked the poster for informing. Now, you sit here and threaten me because you are a MOD calling me an "ill-informed newbie" and threatening me by saying be careful on my response because name calling will get me vacation time. What did you just do? Or is it ok because your a MOD that you are allowed to insult people? I have done nothing wrong and the only thing I am guilty of is getting off topic to respond to your insults. Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:46 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,230 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_sime
This is news to me? What are you calling a direct connect in the glove box? I must be completely in the dark but I do not believe there is anything to "insert" your fob into in the glove box. Please Explain?
It's not even your thread, you cop an attitude when it's pointed out that it's in the manual, and then threaten a moderator.
What about now, do you "believe there is anything to "insert" your fob into in the glove box"? You would have been better served to just appreciate the learning experience. You admit to not reading the manual and then question those who have.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Epic_C6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
It's not even your thread, you cop an attitude when it's pointed out that it's in the manual, and then threaten a moderator.
What about now, do you "believe there is anything to "insert" your fob into in the glove box"? You would have been better served to just appreciate the learning experience. You admit to not reading the manual and then question those who have.
I just asked him to explain it that is all. I am not the only one who did not know about this feature. As soon as someone explained it and helped me out with this feature I thanked them for the information and moved on. Also, there was nothing threatening about what I said at all. I was dissapointed that someone who is suppose to be moderating a great site would insult people rather than help them out and explain why they were wrong (which I admit to being) so they can learn something. No one is an expert in the Corvette other than the people that designed them and even reading the manual will not teach you much and yes I should read it but I do not have time. I have been in the military the last 5 years and been deployed to Iraq several of those. I work 12 hour days 5 days a week, sometimes more. My free time is spent enjoying my car and I feel I am familiar with my car enough to operate it safely and effectively. No, I do not know every feature but I know most. I apologize that this thread has turned into something completely off topic but I will defend myself when I feel I have been insulted because I frankly don't appreciate it. I apologize if I have offended anyone as that was not my point.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Reading the manual is sensible. The problem with the Vette is that it has a series of rather arcane systems and procedures that are not typical or usual with most cars. Especially the '05 MN6's. And these oddities are spread out throughout the car and the manual. The newbie will have little feel for any of these in a practical sense from the start. And in many cases the information will not be absorbed or remembered when that unusual event occurs down the road with his or her car.
In this day and age of information, the internet and a group forum just like this one, it might make a great deal of more sense to simply ask questions right here as did the OP. It can certainly be faster and more efficient.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Perhaps the OP froze to death standing by his car in a wet swimsuit and that is why he has not come back to let us know the resolution of this thread
Old 05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by JMFT
I was so excited about the C6 that I read every entry on the C6 FAQ sticky before I even picked up the car and then read the manual cover to cover the first night I picked it up. First time I ever read an owner's manual that I knew more than the manual itself.

Good luck to the OP and hopefully he got the his vette home safe.

Part of the fun of having such an awesome car is learning all about it.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
c6 rocket
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those that are interested. I ended up buying a new FOB from my Chevy dealer. Thanks for all who tried to help.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by c6 rocket
For those that are interested. I ended up buying a new FOB from my Chevy dealer. Thanks for all who tried to help.

I am curious as to why yours didn't work after being dunked. Several people have run theirs through the washing machine and they worked.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by c6 rocket
Did you try the direct connect to get your car started?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Did you try the direct connect to get your car started?
I guess we're just not going to get answers like this...oh well...it would have been interesting and we might have learned something...

Quick Reply: remote got wet, how do I start my car