C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy customer, got to have product!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM
iridelow
Safety Car

Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Default Happy customer, got to have product!

To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference. I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM
coryvte
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Priceless

First, make it louder with Stingers,
then make it quieter with Blockit.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Your report has solidified many of the positive comments I've read here about the product. I like leaving my NPP open, so this will allow me to help subside the cockpit noise, while maintaining that great sound outside. Thanks for your post.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
iridelow
Safety Car

Originally Posted by coryvte
Priceless

First, make it louder with Stingers,
then make it quieter with Blockit.
Like I said, it's not just the exhaust. Our cars have pretty harsh road noise, like any other vette made. True the C6 is a little more refined and somewhat quiter than the C5, but the Blockit kit makes it feel like a C7 will ride. Just more refined, less road noise and just kind of "sealed" inside the cab. Try it, it's hard to explain. But I am happy!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
gp56
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Block it helped in my car also.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by iridelow
To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference. I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.

Fantatsic! Great to hear everyone! Real glad your happy with our product, Blockit.
Thank you iridelow for the thread/write up!
Whats nice is it takes a bite out of the cabin noise yet it lets the sweet sound of your Borlas come through when you get on it!

Again, thanks everybody for posting. Enjoy what your not missing....
Ed

Serving The Corvette Forum For 21 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633

Last edited by TKO Performance; 04-22-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

I like the idea of this product but I access the cargo holders (both sides) frequently. How much sound enters from there? If it is insignificant I could always cut off the "ears" of the cargo mat right?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 AM
T's C6
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am waiting for mine to come in. Ordered Sunday.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO Performance
Fantatsic! Great to hear everyone! Real glad your happy with our product, Blockit.
Thank you iridelow for the thread/write up!
Whats nice is it takes a bite out of the cabin noise yet it lets the sweet sound of your Borlas come through when you get on it!

Again, thanks everybody for posting. Enjoy what your not missing....
Ed
What's the price and availability of this product?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
iridelow
Safety Car

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
I like the idea of this product but I access the cargo holders (both sides) frequently. How much sound enters from there? If it is insignificant I could always cut off the "ears" of the cargo mat right?
I have a LLoyds rear mat as well and you can lift up both mats very easy to get to the cargo area. I use my little pockets all the time as well. No problems to get to.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
I have a LLoyds rear mat as well and you can lift up both mats very easy to get to the cargo area. I use my little pockets all the time as well. No problems to get to.
I just got my GS vert, does the "blockit" cushion mat really make a difference with the top down, or just in the top up position? What is more important for noise reduction, the behind the seat cushions, or the trunk, or are both needed to reduce the road noise? Let me know, I may want to order the set for my vert.

Thanks,

Harry
Old 04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
BB 2005
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '13

I just ordered today, had to pay full price and shipping ($251) so I am really disappointed I missed the group buy, but this still sounds like just the ticket to go for a quiet ride with the wife (NPP Closed). I was thinking today while I had the top down, that it will only help when I have the top on, but that is just a guess. I'll post again after I get it installed.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 PM
iridelow
Safety Car

Originally Posted by harry2
I just got my GS vert, does the "blockit" cushion mat really make a difference with the top down, or just in the top up position? What is more important for noise reduction, the behind the seat cushions, or the trunk, or are both needed to reduce the road noise? Let me know, I may want to order the set for my vert.

Thanks,

Harry
It helps in both ways, top up or down! With the top up, the cab is about 50% better. With the top down, it still gives you a better ride by reducing the road noise. I don't know if the trunk mat works better or the behind the seats mats, but I just used the whole set and LOVE the results! Seriously....Make the car feel like a whole new vehicle, noise wise! And I swear, with the top up, it sounds like my stock Bose stereo has a better amp installed!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,046 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
If desired, you could mark the proper location, remove from trunk, and carefully cut a slit in the Blockit matt so it would be easier to lift that one section up. Or cut out that section competely and just lay it in place.

I've even got a Lloyds mat on top of it and it's still not a big problem getting into the cubbys, so I haven't modified it.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:03 AM
jojog
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

TKO Blockit, Attack Filter and Firestone Wide Ovals (RFT) have made my car much more pleasurable to drive and ride in as a passenger (per wife). The combo described, coupled with the MTW allows one to go from screaming banshi to refined cruiser in a click. Thanks again, Ed!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:27 PM
BB 2005
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11, '13
Default Wife noticed the difference!

Originally Posted by BB 2005
I just ordered today, had to pay full price and shipping ($251) so I am really disappointed I missed the group buy, but this still sounds like just the ticket to go for a quiet ride with the wife (NPP Closed). I was thinking today while I had the top down, that it will only help when I have the top on, but that is just a guess. I'll post again after I get it installed.
installed yesterday, wife noticed the difference! Works for me. Seems to work despite the lack of software or complex electronics
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will this interfere with the Madvette's cargo divider?

Get notified of new replies

To Happy customer, got to have product!

Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
check6x
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I have Nitto Invos' on order and I hope they make a significant difference (less dB).
Old 05-02-2010, 09:55 PM
SinCityJets
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A link to purchase??
Old 05-03-2010, 02:03 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by BB 2005
Yes do let us know if it works to your satisfaction unfortunately this company doesn't except credit cards so I will hold off for now.

Quick Reply: Happy customer, got to have product!