C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemans Blue cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 PM
zero05
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemans Blue cleaning

I wondering how hard LMB is to keep clean and looking good. Seems like its on the darker side for a color.Is it anywhere near as bad as keeping black clean?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Walkthedog
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have an c6 LMB. It is not a DD. So it is not that hard to keep clean and when it is clean it really shows its beauty. I found at first it looked just ok, then I polished, sealed and carnubba waxed and it really looks good. And I found now that it is really cleaned it is easier to keep clean. Washing is quicker and drying is faster. I use a blower and the water really shoots off.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 PM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I love my LMB. The only thing is i will need to really machine detail it soon. Fine scratches and swirls show when the sun hits it, but otherwise in shade it looks stunning and in sun looks great when not up too close!

Once I have it detailed I will be extremely happy! If you are looking for a LMB, I think it's one of the best colors. It really is beautiful when clean...
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
NVR LAT
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think anything is as hard to maintain as black. I've had my LeMans Blue since '05 and I still think it's a beautiful color...one of the best. Just like any car, if you keep it waxed and clean, you will love it. There are colors that don't show dirt or fine scratches as much, but those colors also don't "pop" like a color such as LeMans Blue either. What are you looking for...Beauty, or easy maintenance? If you get it, you will love it!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
zero05
Racer

Originally Posted by NVR LAT
I don't think anything is as hard to maintain as black. I've had my LeMans Blue since '05 and I still think it's a beautiful color...one of the best. Just like any car, if you keep it waxed and clean, you will love it. There are colors that don't show dirt or fine scratches as much, but those colors also don't "pop" like a color such as LeMans Blue either. What are you looking for...Beauty, or easy maintenance? If you get it, you will love it!
Definetly looking for beauty. Maintenance for me is half the fun of owning a nice cars.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,473 Likes on 793 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Not as bad as black but pretty close. Mine is not a DD and gets plenty of Zaino. See sig pic.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tim Coltrain
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clean and Sweet

It stays beautiful, because wolfdog talked me into using ZAINO. It already looked new, but now it definitely looks Brand New now. She's a C6-06 LMB. TIM$VETT
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:48 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Keeping it clean will be the same as with any other darker car. It will be easier to keep the paint looking good than on a black car. LMB won't show fine swirls/scratches in the paint as much as black - the flake in the paint makes them harder to see.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
rz2mbc
Burning Brakes

Default LMB Cleaning

Very easy to keep clean......

Up to my recent retirement my 07 LMB was my DD, loved every trip back & forth to work.

Clay bar car twice a year and then use LIQUID GLASS. Wash only with cold water & maybel every third or fourth wash detail with Meguiars Quick Detail (Mist & Wipe ). Very simple & easy to use...no long drawn out all day procedure.

Nice DEEP blue shine .
Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 PM
chgoblue
Drifting

Originally Posted by zero05
I wondering how hard LMB is to keep clean and looking good. Seems like its on the darker side for a color.Is it anywhere near as bad as keeping black clean?
I just bought an LMB 07 a month ago.

You'll never get tired of looking at the car because of the beautiful deep luster this blue has. This is the 3rd blue vette I've had, and it stacks up to any blue, so if you're a 'blue guy', you'll love it.

Close to black as far as keeping clean looking, but not as bad.

You should be fine where you live.

Why did I just say that?

I just moved out to San Diego from Chgo. Within 2 days of washing the car, it has a coat of dust all over it, so trying to keep the car clean is, well,...

The western states don't have top soil like the ones back in the east and mideast, so you get all this loose dust constantly floating around in the air. What a pain in the ***!

I had a Quasar blue 91 for 12 years in Chgo., a more mid metallic blue, lighter than LMB, and darker than Jetsream Blue. A great blue.

The car never had a coat of dust,...or very fine rock chips, so usually looked clean.

YOU'LL LOVE LMB. Oh, yea, it still looks great with the perma-dust coat.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by richgoat
I love my LMB. The only thing is i will need to really machine detail it soon. Fine scratches and swirls show when the sun hits it, but otherwise in shade it looks stunning and in sun looks great when not up too close!

Once I have it detailed I will be extremely happy! If you are looking for a LMB, I think it's one of the best colors. It really is beautiful when clean...

Last edited by Tom_Slick; 03-17-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
RICH 28
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

My 05

Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
zero05
Racer

Originally Posted by chgoblue
I just bought an LMB 07 a month ago.

You'll never get tired of looking at the car because of the beautiful deep luster this blue has. This is the 3rd blue vette I've had, and it stacks up to any blue, so if you're a 'blue guy', you'll love it.

Close to black as far as keeping clean looking, but not as bad.

You should be fine where you live.

Why did I just say that?

I just moved out to San Diego from Chgo. Within 2 days of washing the car, it has a coat of dust all over it, so trying to keep the car clean is, well,...

The western states don't have top soil like the ones back in the east and mideast, so you get all this loose dust constantly floating around in the air. What a pain in the ***!

I had a Quasar blue 91 for 12 years in Chgo., a more mid metallic blue, lighter than LMB, and darker than Jetsream Blue. A great blue.

The car never had a coat of dust,...or very fine rock chips, so usually looked clean.

YOU'LL LOVE LMB. Oh, yea, it still looks great with the perma-dust coat.

Ya im definetly a "blue guy". So much that im getting a GS and having it paint LMB.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:17 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Non daily driver so as stated very easy. I get a large amount of compliments..........

Get notified of new replies

To Lemans Blue cleaning

Quick Reply: Lemans Blue cleaning