C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:55 AM
OkieEngr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP

I am replacing the stock GY Eagle F1 EMT Supercar rear tires with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP due to availability at my local tire shop. I pick my car up this afternoon with the new tires. Does anyone know how these will compare to the GY Supercars? Will I be able to tell a difference?

I will still have 3/4 worn GY Supercar's on the front that need to be replaced soon.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

The Michelins are so new that there is no rating information available on Tire Rack except DOT, which are the same. They are, however significantly more expensive. Did you get a deal? What did you pay? They are $527 on Tire Rack.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 AM
OkieEngr
Advanced

This link says they are only $313

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

I didn't pay anything for the tires because I bought an insurance policy for the wheels and tires when I bought the car. I got these tires because no shop in my area had any GY Supercars and my vette is my daily driver.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

The PS A/S Plus ZP is the new version of the previous PS A/S's. Most of the reviews from Vette owners using the A/S Plus's are good to include a significant increase in treadwear rating over other AS performance tires in its class. The PS Ps2's also have a new version (PS Ps3) being released in a number of sizes. Supposedly hard to find in the U.S.

Last edited by Bandit1; 02-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 AM
biskitman
Racer

Are these a better deal and better tire than the Firestone Wide Ovals?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I just put on the A/S plus on the front...seems fine but I have only put about 100 break in miles on them. They have a 45,000 treadwear warranty which is unheard of in Vette tires. The tire in ZP is a new tire as of about Oct of '09.

I got them at Costco, they did a great job, no scratches on the chrome wheels, and now I have lots of places to take it if I need to get a tire fixed or replaced under the warranty.

Also, you can't beat $14 a tire for mounting, balancing and road hazard warranty.
These Michelins are about $50 a piece more than the Firestones.

Last edited by cclive; 02-16-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by OkieEngr
I am replacing the stock GY Eagle F1 EMT Supercar rear tires with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP due to availability at my local tire shop. I pick my car up this afternoon with the new tires. Does anyone know how these will compare to the GY Supercars? Will I be able to tell a difference?

I will still have 3/4 worn GY Supercar's on the front that need to be replaced soon.
The Michelins are low-treadwear all-seasons, so they should be softer-riding, less grippy in the dry, and much longer-lasting than the Supercars. They will definitely be better in the cold and in the rain, but then R-compound slicks are probably better in the rain than GY F1 Supercars.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
chgoblue
Drifting

Originally Posted by biskitman
Are these a better deal and better tire than the Firestone Wide Ovals?
I have the same question (sorry if I missed this being answered). Which tire (Firestone Ovals or the A/S Michelins) is better without regard to cost 1) in terms of how many miles it lasts, for a daily driver? I just bought an 07 Z51 that I'll be using as a daily driver.

Last edited by chgoblue; 02-16-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 02-16-2010, 05:51 PM
08VRZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

I just put them on mine this morning. Be very careful for a while till the mold release wears off the tires. They are very slick and you can spin them very easily!! I'll post something up on them after I get a couple of thousand miles on them.

Mark
Old 02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

just ordered a set yesterday from tirerack. Supposed to be here tomorrow. supposed to last longer than the GY's and a little less performance than the firestones but get more miles than firestone.

Get notified of new replies

To Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP