C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In disbelief what I saw.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Altc
"Better to die on your feet then live on your knees"

Look at this from another angle he helped the young man and gave him a valuable life lesson. He will now think twice as will his friends before they pull this again.
You've gotta be kidding
Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 PM
DaveC6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLB768
I'd have busted his nose, gone to jail, and called my wife for bail money. Dad always said...Son, never mess with a mans wife, car, home, or wallet. The idiot probably scratched the car running his finger through dirty paint.
I would add french fries and pie to this list.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
onebadcad
Race Director

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts

You should have made the punk the newest addition to 'The Nose in the Back of the Head Club'. Not sure if he would have stopped with the drawing on the lights had you not shown up,,,
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Touchy!

With today's kids, you never know what to expect: guns, clubs, fists, knives, chains, tire irons, gangs, etc. Just the slightest movement or references in their direction can set them off, they are like nitroglycerin, ready to explode, even on eye contact. I can remember substituting in middle and high school over twenty years ago between jobs, the kids were on edge and even challenge and hit you. Some, not all, were out of control and were "dumped" into the schools, how sad for the good students. Alot of good students would get involved and defend the teachers because they were brought up right.

Not to show you any disrespect, for your own good, please don't do this again. From my experiences, YOU WERE LUCKY, I don't care about your size, you can't beat guns, gangs, etc.

PS: I was coming back from Galveston with wife and child and a pick-up truck nearly side swiped me and I tapped my horn lightly; boy, that started it all for about 15 minutes. Because of heavy traffic we got slightly separated and they speed ahead of me and slammed brakes in front of me several times, P/U had better brakes than mine and I almost rear ended him several times. I tried to slip off freeway but could not lose them. Finally I pulled off in the center median and they pulled off too, I started backing up slowly and told wife to watch for smallest opening and then I took off, as I passed by, they threw their beer bottles at me and hit the tires only, no damage to the car. You talk about road rage and the slightest provacation. After that, I wouldn't even look their (offenders) way. VERY GOOD ADVICE!

In ways, you were right, BUT LUCKY!

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 02-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
cylon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JesseRThompson
Well last night I went out with a friend to twin peaks in frisco texas. For people not familiar its like a hooters with better food. I parked my vette towards the back of the lot but you could see the front door. Anyways I was getting ready to leave and I walk out and I see three guys messing with my car. They were in there early 20's like me. I turned to my friend and said do you see what I'm seeing he was like yea game on. So I walked up to the guy who I have never seen or met in my life and said WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING. Understand I had a couple of drinks. He looked at me with no shame and started laughing. So I looked to see what he had done and he was using his finger and drawing ***** type figures in all my tail lights. My car was dirty due to the snow here in texas. So I looked at him and all of his friends and I was like and said I wanna know why your doing this. And they were like I thought it was funny and I was like funny? so two of the guys kind of backed down and one was standing between me and the guy talking trash. I was like dude how old are you 12? I said this is a 40,000 dollar car and you think what your doing is funny. How would you feel if it was your car. Then he just starts laughing again. So I told his friend move out of the way this is between me and him. So I shoved him into some bushes, and I said do you think thats funny? I asked him again why did you do it and I want a good answer and he said nothing with a smirk on his faced so I shoved him again and i said dude seriously why did you do it at this time another one of my friends showed up and then the other two guys that were with him were scared and he starts yelling at them to wipe off what they did to my car. Did I over react? I am a really easy going person but I take my car stuff personal because I take very good care of them. I know its in spite of jealously sometimes but people are trash sometimes.
I think i would have taken out a micro fibre cloth which is always in the trunk and asked him to clean it. Despite what he did, you shoud have been thrown into jail for assult, lucky he didn't have a weapon.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default What's the charge, officer? Can we throw the book at him?

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Well said. The op acted very immaturely. Call the police would have been the correct thing to do.
Now let's see. I can hear the 911 response cackling over the squawk box, "All available units, please respond to a ***** artist in the back side of Twin Peaks parking lot. All response units be on the alert, he may be considered armed and dangly...I mean dangerous." And upon arrival (swift, to be sure), they would proceed with caution because they don't want to get shot. And after several back-up patrol cars arrive, they finally cautiously approach this potentially dangerous individual and after a brief struggle, subdue him and cuff him and settle him in the back seat of a patrol car, while other officers take copious notes from witnesses who may have any knowledge of the event, so they can write-out a detailed police report, so that when this issue comes to trial.....Give me a break
Old 02-16-2010, 05:50 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

Good for you. The punk will probably NOT do something stupid like that again along with his worthless friends. You did the right thing.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 1,745 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
All for drawing in the dirt on the taillights? I never would have thought so many Vette owners were rednecks until this thread. I too am very **** about my car, but this is overboard. It would be hard to find 11 other people to agree to acquit. What if the guy died or was permanently disabled? It's not worth giving up your freedom or your income for. What if they pulled guns and now your dead and your relatives can worry about what to do with your car. I might feel different for outright vandalism, but drawing in the dirt? Not even on the paint? Come on!
Really it wasnt cool of them, but still it really didnt hurt anything to get all bent out of shape about. The comment about its a 40K car got to me. I mean does it make it any less serious if they did it to a 500 POS? There are vehicles worth a lot more
I might have asked them if they were doing caricatures of themselves
Id love to hear the officer dispatched to that call
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the OP , don't get pulled into some idiots low life world, just ignore and move on. The Vette is a very provocative car and gets all manner of response.

Its nice to have the power and quickness of the C6 to get away from these types. I had a 370Z 3 ft off my bumper last week that wanted to test his new car. The Vette ran away from him of course without excessive speed.

As soon as I could I got away from him and let him go past.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
BobGomez
Instructor

Originally Posted by Raazor
I like pie.
Best post I've seen this whole thread.

Also, everyone here goes on and on about watching out and you are going to jail, blah blah blah.

If you are just a hard nugget who just doesn't take crap punch them in the face next time and twitter/facebook about it.

I'll be looking for your video on liveleak :-)

Last edited by BobGomez; 02-16-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Torlow
Instructor

I think you used poor judgement, but as you might have surmised by now, CF is a bad place to get advice on how to behave.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I would've turned around and went back into the restaraunt. After composing myself, I'd then write a strongly worded letter denouncing his acts of depravity and lack of respect for civilized society.

I'd then walk back outside and hand him this letter.

After he read it I'd shove a fork up his *** and ask him if he was done.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raazor
I like pie.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Dans C6
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

punk should have been ran over as far as i'm concerned, You don't go touching other peoples' property like that. If the owner were someone else that stupid kid could have ended up shot... You never know.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

We might have started out having a conversation, but as soon as he laughed about doing it...

Probably not very mature, but I'll get over it!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:48 PM
victory2k8z
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unbelievable! Where has everyones ***** gone....To much thinking, explaining, asking, political correctness, consequences...This is simple you caught them they didn't back off so wipe the deck with there heads!

This country is turning into a bunch off softie puffs

I avoid situations like this a bit of a hot head For those afraid of getting shot wear a vest or get a gun! and return the favor

FLAME SUIT ON! LET EM RIP
Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,259 Likes on 920 Posts

In this day and age you don't know who you are dealing with or most important are they armed? Knife, gun, mace, tazer. Sometimes it is better to just walk away even though you want to beat the hell out of all of them just for being such little A$$holes.

Get notified of new replies

To In disbelief what I saw.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 PM
BriscoCounty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stockticker
I think my dark humor has taken a turn for the worst with the older crowd...
Wasn't going to respond to this thread at all, its taken a bad turn (but after reading the first post, knew it wasn't going to go well). Anyway, I thought your posts were funny. Stuff on the internet can come off wrong, and it was obvious you were 100% just joking and not even remotely serious. People get real up tight about certain subjects on here (most of the times for good reasons). So, keep the humor coming, its been a long winter for a lot of people on here!

And of course, I also like pie!!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,231 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Originally Posted by victory2k8z
Unbelievable! Where has everyones ***** gone....To much thinking, explaining, asking, political correctness, consequences...This is simple you caught them they didn't back off so wipe the deck with there heads!

This country is turning into a bunch off softie puffs

I avoid situations like this a bit of a hot head For those afraid of getting shot wear a vest or get a gun! and return the favor

FLAME SUIT ON! LET EM RIP
You internet studs do realize that the guy drew in the dirt on the tailight? Next time the guys see his Vette parked anywhere, it will be much worse and he won't catch them. If he hadn't acted like such a jerk himself, it could have all been calmed down. It doesn't take ***** to start a fight over nothing, just stupidity. What would you suggest if they scratched the paint or broke out the windows, kill his family?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
victory2k8z
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
You internet studs do realize that the guy drew in the dirt on the tailight? Next time the guys see his Vette parked anywhere, it will be much worse and he won't catch them. If he hadn't acted like such a jerk himself, it could have all been calmed down. It doesn't take ***** to start a fight over nothing, just stupidity. What would you suggest if they scratched the paint or broke out the windows, kill his family?

I Like Pie

Must be the Irish in me

Really wasn't an issue of dirt drawing on a taillight, more of a respect of others property thing...

Quick Reply: In disbelief what I saw.