C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Too Cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
leadfoot88
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Too Cheap?

Guys,

I have a buddy looking to buy a vette and he came across this listing and shared it with me. Take a look and see what you think. Says it has the 515 horsepower package that obviously does not exist on a base model corvette. Too good to be true price and they claim it has a clear title. I think it is some type of scam and their site is full of crazy low prices.

http://www.kikimotorsinc.com/cars_20...le_9000426.htm

Thanks,

Leadfoot88
Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Wow! That's a good price. Wonder what they did for the power? No FI on that engine.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
leadfoot88
Racer

Originally Posted by Raazor
Wow! That's a good price. Wonder what they did for the power? No FI on that engine.
Exactly what I was trying to figure out. Looks like aftermarket exhaust but I can't see any engine mods so they must be internal. With 3k on the clock that seems pretty unlikely.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 PM
grea81
Racer

Agree that price is too good to be true! However, a quick BBB check shows no complaints (not always a good thing) and they are listed locally in Miami so it is a real entity. Whether it's a scam or not is not clear from a web search.

If your friend decides to do business with them, please post a report. The prices on that site are unbelievable.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
g9m3c
Instructor

Demo model?

Old 02-04-2010, 01:22 PM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I wonder what they are NOT telling us.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
NJ Vette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too good to be true, usually is.....

Followed by: "I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn...... "
Old 02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
viper62
Instructor

Originally Posted by g9m3c
Demo model?

The carfax report does not show any previous sale
Old 02-04-2010, 01:30 PM
leadfoot88
Racer

He is going down next week. He says he wants to see it touch it and feel it. If they are real he is going to give them a check. I will keep you all posted.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot88
He is going down next week. He says he wants to see it touch it and feel it. If they are real he is going to give them a check. I will keep you all posted.
Screw next week. I'd be down there today, or at least on the phone. That 4LT Vert is at least $10,000 under priced. I'll bet the price is just a typo, and the 515 HP is
Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm...something smells like a scam. Why can't I find the address to their actual showroom anywhere on the website?

STEPS TO FOLLOW when buying a car from our company.

1. Browse our vehicle inventory by viewing a full list of our in stock vehicles.
2. Use our "Contact" or "Ask a Question" form with any questions you might have.
3. Send us your request to buy any listed vehicle using the "Buy This Vehicle Now".
4. Check your email. You will receive all the details needed to complete the deal (payment instructions, technical inspection form, delivery schedule).
5. Follow the payment instruction and complete the payment.
6. We will start the shipping process within 2 business days after the payment is confirmed.
-www.KikiMotorsInc.com will arrange for transportation to your location.
-The shipping value will be displayed on the "Buy This Vehicle Now" form. It is usualy between US $150 and US $500. The car remains fully insured for damage during the shipping, buyer inspection process and prior to title transfer.
7. Schedule the delivery with us.
-Depending on the distance and our shipping schedule it will take up to 5 business days to receive the car.
8. Inspect the vehicle within 3 business days.
-Have the car inspected by an independent mechanic or arrange an inspection yourself.
9. Finalize the deal.
-Complete the paperwork and the title transfer.
^ Uhhh...nowhere on the entire website does it mention "come into our showroom and inspect the car."
Old 02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Site says it's a repo wholesaler. If the last owner could not make the payments, it's likely he did not make any upgrades either. Simplest answer is that the repo company wrote the wrong thing on the windshield because they just don't know what they are talking about.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
RAT
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
Screw next week. I'd be down there today, or at least on the phone. That 4LT Vert is at least $10,000 under priced. I'll bet the price is just a typo, and the 515 HP is

Old 02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone click the "live chat" button and ask the following...

"Where is your showroom and what are your hours? I would like to come in and inspect a car before purchasing."

"I looked everywhere on your website and I don't see anything about how I can show up in person to inspect and buy a car. Your website makes it look like I have to purchase the car sight-unseen through your website...and then I get to inspect it after it gets delivered to me?!?!"

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 02-04-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:06 PM
lightweight99
Instructor

Do your homework and be careful. I found a 2008 ZO6 with 10,000 miles for $18,000 on a dedicated corvettes for sale website. Ended up being a scam. On something like that, I would do a in person inspection if not have a friend or carchex do it.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM
grea81
Racer

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel
Someone click the "live chat" button and ask the following...

Kiki Motors Inc
2366 Southwest 8th Street,
Miami, FL 33135-4916
(305) 637-7477‎

This is from their BBB listing
Old 02-04-2010, 02:21 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grea81
Kiki Motors Inc
2366 Southwest 8th Street,
Miami, FL 33135-4916
(305) 637-7477‎

This is from their BBB listing
(305) 637-7477‎ is disconnected.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Too Cheap?

Old 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,192.04,,0,4.4

looks shady
Old 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

I chatted....

Please wait for a site operator to respond ...

Operator Sandra Dawson has joined the chat.

Sandra Dawson: Hello, how may I help you?

Eric Shapiro: Hi I am interested in the corvette ref#9000426

Sandra Dawson: Please apply online if you are interested in purchasing the vehicle. You have a "Buy this Vehicle now" link located just above the vehicle photos. You will find all the necessary information.

Eric Shapiro: I would like to see the vehicle in your showroom

Sandra Dawson: We win vehicles at auctions all over the country. The cars have been taken over by the government or by financial institutions or banks from people with financial woes and cannot pay for the loans that they made.

Local pick-up is not available. Most of the vehicles are stored at the parking lots of banks and financial institutions. They don't have showrooms or specialized people in order to offer this service. They are pressing us to take the car from there as soon as possible. In order to avoid unnecessary shipping costs, we prefer to find a buyer and deliver the car directly to his address.

You will be able to inspect the car at you home and if you decide not to keep it, we are going to refund your payment and take the car back free of charge.

Eric Shapiro: So I have to pay for the whole vehicle sight unseen

Sandra Dawson: Upon delivery you will have 3 business days to inspect the vehicle.

If the car does not correspond to your expectations or our description we will fully refund your payment within 3 business days and collect the car from you.

The payment is FULLY refundable (including the shipping fee).

Eric Shapiro: I'm not understanding....the pictures are of a car in a showroom....is that not the same car for sale?

Sandra Dawson: No, there is no showroom.

Sandra Dawson: Most of the vehicles are stores at the parking lots of banks and financial.

Sandra Dawson: Most of the vehicles are stores at the parking lots of banks and financial.

Sandra Dawson: We win vehicles at auctions all over the country. In order to reduce the expenses, we don't have a showroom and we prefer to deliver the cars to our customers directly from the original location, by enclosed truck. So, depending on what car are you interested, the location is different. For example, the vehicle you are inquiring about is located in Albuquerque, NM and it will be shipped from there. We hope this isn't a major inconvenience for you.

Eric Shapiro: sorry but I can't pay 25K for a car sight unseen....that's ridiculous

Sandra Dawson: Upon delivery you will have 3 business days to inspect the vehicle.

If the car does not correspond to your expectations or our description we will fully refund your payment within 3 business days and collect the car from you.

The payment is FULLY refundable (including the shipping fee).
Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Walkthedog
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe nobody cares there and is charging what is owed plus repo fee. If so, somebody should get on a plane and go touch it, buy it. I would only buy it if I touched it. I'l bet somebody has access to Blue Book type of value.
However, I have to believe it looks weird, smells weird, it IS weird.
I would not pay any attention to what some junior flunky wrote on the windshield, somebody take is pencil away.

Quick Reply: Corvette Too Cheap?