C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded C6 for Z06 - WOW

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedydog5
I did not want to start any pissing match here , i said he had a nice car,and i,ll say it again, and i I also said said i had a vert witch i could not live without so i chose to S/C it, i,m not gonna argue of the two cars handeling etc, from the factory, i did also say it was quicker, but not to start any animosity here just my preference, and as far as vaule i can always de-mod my car and get market vaule just like any other car including the Z so again lets get back to complementing him(slvrc6) on his nice purchase peace out!!

Some just like to start trouble and, look odd while doing it. GOD forbid you post something about your C6 of all things.

We all know the ZO6 is an awesome Vette. There just happens to be other Vettes that are pretty awesome also.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '13

Lets stop fighting kids.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
You sure like start trouble and sound like a goof Grandpa. All the guy said was the type of car he owned and, nothing more except to compliment the OP on his ride. Now relax and, stop trying to stir the pot.
Damn VS, why so sensitive? Did you lose your best friend or something?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

You sure like start trouble and sound like a goof Grandpa. All the guy said was the type of car he owned and, nothing more except to compliment the OP on his ride. Now relax and, stop trying to stir the pot.
When you reach puberty get back with me about your fast car...
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
When you reach puberty get back with me about your fast car...
Grandpa...Is that the best you can do? Did you forget to drink your ensure or wear your adult diapers tonight? I never mentioned anything about my car. However, you had a need to jump on another member for just mentioning the the C6 he ons.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Damn VS, why so sensitive? Did you lose your best friend or something?
QS..Where in the heck have you been? No just having some fun. Some member complimented another on his Z06 and, just happened to mention he had a vert with a SC and a few oddballs got all bent out of shape.

Anyway glad to see you back..
Old 02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speedydog5
I did not want to start any pissing match here , i said he had a nice car,and i,ll say it again, and i I also said said i had a vert witch i could not live without so i chose to S/C it, i,m not gonna argue of the two cars handeling etc, from the factory, i did also say it was quicker, but not to start any animosity here just my preference, and as far as vaule i can always de-mod my car and get market vaule just like any other car including the Z so again lets get back to complementing him(slvrc6) on his nice purchase peace out!!

Oh, so you would lie to an unsuspecting buyer that your engine wasn't formally SC?? Kinda important for someone to know the motor has seen strains well beyond normal wear and tear.....
No way your car is worth market value now imo.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO
Oh, so you would lie to an unsuspecting buyer that your engine wasn't formally SC?? Kinda important for someone to know the motor has seen strains well beyond normal wear and tear.....
No way your car is worth market value now imo.
Any C6 worth market value now other then the KING?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:22 PM
SLVRC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP here - I love this forum.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I can say this - my original choices were a new 2009 C6 Callaway (580 HP) or my 2009 Z06. I talked it over with a couple of friends and they said if it were their dime, they would grab the Z06 and not look back.

As a matter of fact, when you are driving a Z06, not only can you not look back (no time) - but you better never take your hands off the wheel or your eyes off of the road.

One of my friends said "the car is not just the Bomb - it is the SUPER Bomb" - what a car.

The car is absolutely a beast - and I have only seen 4000 RPM's.

Last edited by SLVRC6; 02-01-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 AM
psummers
Advanced

Originally Posted by SLVRC6
Well, after 4 years in my Silver C6 convertible - I did it. I loved the convertible; however, this thing is remarkable.

The 427 Vette lived up to it's name today - I could not wait any
longer. 88 miles now and have only hit about 3500 RPM or so - and the
a$$ end is already squirrelly. But man can you feel at 3500 RPM that
this thing is ready to GO. At 3500 RPM, man oh wow, oh wow -
that was when I shut it down! It doesn't even hit the 505 HP until
4,500 RPM. I can't image what happens between 3500 and 6800 RPM - this thing is a beast I need more miles on it - maybe today.

Thanks to all for your help the last 4 years - and I truly hope all of you have the chance to be in the cockpit of a Z06 some day.

Great description! Would like to hear other "seat of the pants" descriptions of Z06 vs. C6 experience. Considering trading my one year old C6 for the Z06.... Is it a whole new level?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:51 AM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BriscoCounty
Wow, guy posts all excited about switching to a Z06 and it turns into a pissing contest! Definitely its the middle of winter!

Can't wait to see the responses when some one posts that they "moved up" to a GS from a base C6!!! That'll get all the F55 guys going for sure! Followed closely by a few Z06ers who will continually remind every one that the GS has no more HP than a base C6!

I'm almost hoping that GM comes out with another C6 model in 2011. Doesn't matter what it is, but it'll be sure to **** off some one!! Be good for a few laughs at least.
I found it very refreshing to read of a base C6 owner ( a beautiful and VERY fast car itself ) who understands what "moving up" means. As in moving up from 430 or 436 hp to the big 505.

Bravo to you , congrats to you, and enjoy your new ride!

( I found it refreshing to read of someone actually moving up from the base car. I've grown tired of hearing breathless accounts about people moving up to "my new GS".... which is heavier than the base car with the same hp. I see the base to GS move as, in employment parlance, more of a "lateral". Now, you GS boys come on in and tell me how it's "almost a Z06". )
Old 02-02-2010, 04:00 AM
LS2-Zomb!e
Safety Car

Congrats
Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Dans 98 corvette
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Car! good luck with it. If you dont mind me asking How much did you get for your trade in. I have an 07 vert wit 50k and was thinking of doing the same
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 AM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by psummers
Great description! Would like to hear other "seat of the pants" descriptions of Z06 vs. C6 experience. Considering trading my one year old C6 for the Z06.... Is it a whole new level?
I'm sure it would be a big seat of a diff. Just doing headers, Vararam, and a dynotune made a big diff on my 06 a6. That was a 30hp 30 ft lb gain, think what a 100hp gain will feel like.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonC6
I found it very refreshing to read of a base C6 owner ( a beautiful and VERY fast car itself ) who understands what "moving up" means. As in moving up from 430 or 436 hp to the big 505.

Bravo to you , congrats to you, and enjoy your new ride!

( I found it refreshing to read of someone actually moving up from the base car. I've grown tired of hearing breathless accounts about people moving up to "my new GS".... which is heavier than the base car with the same hp. I see the base to GS move as, in employment parlance, more of a "lateral". Now, you GS boys come on in and tell me how it's "almost a Z06". )
LOL, so true.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Grandpa...Is that the best you can do? Did you forget to drink your ensure or wear your adult diapers tonight? I never mentioned anything about my car. However, you had a need to jump on another member for just mentioning the the C6 he ons.
Guess what.....

thought so.

next time ask mommy if you can come out and play.

Last edited by hawkgfr; 02-02-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by SLVRC6
OP here - I love this forum.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I can say this - my original choices were a new 2009 C6 Callaway (580 HP) or my 2009 Z06. I talked it over with a couple of friends and they said if it were their dime, they would grab the Z06 and not look back.

As a matter of fact, when you are driving a Z06, not only can you not look back (no time) - but you better never take your hands off the wheel or your eyes off of the road.

One of my friends said "the car is not just the Bomb - it is the SUPER Bomb" - what a car.

The car is absolutely a beast - and I have only seen 4000 RPM's.

Again great looking car. Enjoy it.

Get notified of new replies

To Traded C6 for Z06 - WOW

Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Some member complimented another on his Z06 and, just happened to mention he had a vert with a SC and a few oddballs got all bent out of shape.
Come on now,you can't possibly believe it was just an "oh, by the way" comment.

Every time,and I mean every time someone makes a thread about moving to a Z06 someone feels the need to make a post about their supercharged,turbo,heads-cam,yada yada that is just as fast(but usually faster) than a Z06 and retained the open cockpit.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Guess what.....

thought so.

next time ask mommy if you can come out and play.
Looks as if I was correct.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
speedydog5
Racer

Originally Posted by redzone
Come on now,you can't possibly believe it was just an "oh, by the way" comment.

Every time,and I mean every time someone makes a thread about moving to a Z06 someone feels the need to make a post about their supercharged,turbo,heads-cam,yada yada that is just as fast(but usually faster) than a Z06 and retained the open cockpit.
sorry to disappoint you it was not meant as a "oh by the way" comment this is the 3rd and last reply i make on this i am sorry to slvrc6 for all the imaturitty of some members that have hijacked your thread you have purchased a awsome car congrats on it did not mean any disrespect at all on my reply peace

Quick Reply: Traded C6 for Z06 - WOW