C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics-My vette lives in the real world, not a garage queen, I love driving it everyday

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Originally Posted by Silverspeed
No, it was a post earlier in the thread.

So he just kept on telling us what dumbasses we are. Not nice.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Jaxon
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone would love to buy a spoiled garage queen versus a hammered out pseudo dump truck right? Well if it is a better bargain to buy a creampuff, why isn't it better just to keep your car nice? Strippers puking on the dash, horse manure in the hatch etc etc. I'll keep mine clean and be lumped in with the garage queen crowd rather than the toothless trailer trash crowd anyday. I guess some people stretch to get a Vette and can't afford or don't know any better than to use a sportscar as a pick up truck.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Silverspeed
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by Jaxon
Everyone would love to buy a spoiled garage queen versus a hammered out pseudo dump truck right? Well if it is a better bargain to buy a creampuff, why isn't it better just to keep your car nice? Strippers puking on the dash, horse manure in the hatch etc etc. I'll keep mine clean and be lumped in with the garage queen crowd rather than the toothless trailer trash crowd anyday. I guess some people stretch to get a Vette and can't afford or don't know any better than to use a sportscar as a pick up truck.

Amazing. A guy puts a plant in his car and he is toothless trailer trash.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:21 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jaxon
Is this a serious post???? Or are you just yanking my chain????

Of course we all like getting the nicest car for our money. But not all of us choose to then save it for the next person. That doesn't make us trailer trash.

And wow do you make some huge, crazy assumptions. My C6 is by NO means trashed out. Nor is the beautiful one posted by the OP.

You have NO idea my financial situation, nor anyone else's here, I don't imagine.

Oh, and I have my teeth, and I live in a brick house. Mighty, mighty!

GEEEEEZ!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Nalykh
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by oyealiz
Is this a serious post???? Or are you just yanking my chain????

Of course we all like getting the nicest car for our money. But not all of us choose to then save it for the next person. That doesn't make us trailer trash.

And wow do you make some huge, crazy assumptions. My C6 is by NO means trashed out. Nor is the beautiful one posted by the OP.

You have NO idea my financial situation, nor anyone else's here, I don't imagine.

Oh, and I have my teeth, and I live in a brick house. Mighty, mighty!

GEEEEEZ!!!!
Liz ~ get back home now
Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Nalykh
Liz ~ get back home now
Yeah, probably time to slink on back to the r/v park. At least I'm the queen of my double wide trailer.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Nalykh
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Yeah, probably time to slink on back to the r/v park. At least I'm the queen of my double wide trailer.
Actually, now that I'm here I just may hang around awhile. I need a good laugh.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
push
Racer

You have a double wide? LUCKKKKYYYYY

Here's my place:

Here's me (****ter was full):
Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Did he reply to me and then not-so-stealthy delete it?
Do you haul drunk hookers that puke all over your dash?

So he just kept on telling us what dumbasses we are. Not nice.
Try reading the whole thread if you're going to comment about my response to someone else.

Last edited by AirBusPilot; 02-24-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 584 Likes on 336 Posts

Whats the big deal. A little dirt, vacuum it up. No harm no foul. As for the body work. Not his fault an idiot did a hit and run. In any case it's all fixed now. Seems to me nothing is wrong with the car. He just uses it and enjoys it. At the end of the day that is what it's for. These C6's are not going to be collector's items due to high production numbers. Maybe ZR1 #1, but that's about it.

I regret that I can't use mine more due to a demanding travel schedule. But when I'm home I use it for grocery runs, home depot runs. Shoot, I use it whenever I can!

Last edited by miami08VETTE; 02-24-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:45 PM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
Do you haul drunk hookers that puke all over your dash?

Try reading the whole thread if you're going to comment about my response to someone else.
No, I don't haul hookers at all.

I did read your post about "shiite" and "roaching" out his car, though.

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE
What the big deal. A little dirt, vacuum it up. No harm no fowl. As for the body work. Not his fault an idiot did a hit and run. In any case it's all fixed now. Seems to me nothing is wrong with the car. He just uses it and enjoys it. At the end of the day that is what it's for. These C6's are not going to be collector's items due to high production numbers. Maybe ZR1 #1, but that's about it.

I regret that I can't use mine more due to a demanding travel schedule. But when I'm home I use it for grocery runs, home depot runs. Shoot, I use it whenever I can!
I don't recommend, nor commend, people trashing out their nice vehicles. But when someone makes a fun post about hauling some plants in their c6 (with cardboard under them, no less,) and it turns into ugliness about people roaching out their cars and being toothless trailer trash who had to stretch to even afford their c6, well.....
Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Nice thread! lol
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 PM
c1j1c2
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I'm hoping to drive mine as much as I can this year. I will admit that I will be a bit **** about keeping it extremely clean, but I'm sure that will pass with some time too. Gorgeous car though. Sorry that someone had to hit it like that.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
jetcybertorch
Drifting

I don't have one for my c6 but I do have one...

Rough crowd here!!! It's a car, gang...and he uses it! Good for him! I'm betting as soon as he's done hauling soil, he vacuums it out and all is well.

Then again, I'm not into show and shine at all. I'd much rather race and have fun in my c6. Gasp! Just think how that wears it out!

Oh, and the show in Hot Springs is a very good one! Is that the one put on by your club? Would love to be there again someday.
HOT SPRINGS CORVETTE WEEKEND 2010 – The Central Arkansas Corvette Club’s 2010 Corvette Weekend will be April 15 – 17, 2010 in Hot Springs National Park. The event will have a indoor/outdoor Corvette Show on Saturday, April 17 at Summit Arena. Participants will select either indoor or outdoor parking and will be accomodated on a first registered first served basis. Other events will be: an Early Bird Party & registration on Thursday, April 15, Registration, Auto Cross, Poker Run, 50/50 Pot, Parade on Friday, April 16, Corvette Show, Silent Auction, 50/50 Pot and Awards on Saturday, April 17. There may be Drag Racing and guided road tours also available. COME JOIN IN THE FUN AS WE RETURN TO HOT SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK. There are many great restaurants and shopping within walking distance of the event. We are working on providing some scheduled transprtation between shopping and other places of interest.

Check out our website!

http://www.centralarkcc.com/
Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 AM
luvinc5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by push
You have a double wide? LUCKKKKYYYYY

Here's my place:

Here's me (****ter was full):

To the OP: keep using the Vette how ever you like. It's yours and I'm sure a little cleaning and washing returns the Vette to like new condition again and again.

Vettes are a dime a dozen, drop in value (from new price) like a lead balloon and should be driven to be enjoyed. As yes, that does include hauling dirt and vegatation, if the owner so decides.

Post more pics of Vettes doing chores...great pics!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:02 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

No, I don't haul hookers at all.

I did read your post about "shiite" and "roaching" out his car, though.

I don't recommend, nor commend, people trashing out their nice vehicles. But when someone makes a fun post about hauling some plants in their c6 (with cardboard under them, no less,) and it turns into ugliness about people roaching out their cars and being toothless trailer trash who had to stretch to even afford their c6, well.....
Apology accepted.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Stinger
Racer

Lets see if I can make some sense out of all this. Humm, OK here goes.
Eat when you are hungry, rest when you are weary, and eat dessert first because life is short. Enjoy the ride and don't forget to Wave(hope that doesn't start another 10 page party.) Have some fun I know I did.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics-My vette lives in the real world, not a garage queen, I love driving it everyday

Old 02-28-2010, 04:03 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

SEEN THAT VETTEUP AT ELMARTINO-MART...........
Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
jetcybertorch
Drifting

I won 2nd place at a judged car show!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Vivid1
Burning Brakes

More pics of using it as a pick up truck! Put a yard of mulch in the back and take a pic.

Quick Reply: Pics-My vette lives in the real world, not a garage queen, I love driving it everyday