C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems Purchasing 2010 Grand Sport Local Dealers Fail

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Tukon44
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what you mean about Florida dealers --- they should be called Florida car storage cause they just don't deal like others out of state on this forum. Last quote I got recently at Stingray is at MSRP and thats for a new car that is a year old now lol, Maroone is a little better, but still only like 2K off MSRP ... same story for most dealers in FL it would be a long list but they seems to take the same stuff or out of the same book. Don't listen to that salesman baloney about - are you shopping car or price ... when you can get the same exact car for $16K less in another state I say shop for BOTH!!

It isn't bashing these dealers, that's what their asking price is so it is what it is, take it or leave it.
You can't blame them for wanting to make the most money they can - it's their job.

All this is enough to drive someone nuts lol so I'm not looking as hard .... weather is nice now so the Harley comes out!

I remembered seeing that dealer in Jasper FL from FLgrandsport above --- Bruce Glueck Chev in Jasper, FL. from post above --- If staying in Florida, give them a try and see what they say
Old 01-15-2010, 01:14 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

I have heard nothing but praise about Tommy Jr, but Wes Milby at Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield, Mo is another top notch forum dealer who gives great deals and service. While you are talking with the other forum dealers, also talk with Wes.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I have heard nothing but praise about Tommy Jr, but Wes Milby at Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield, Mo is another top notch forum dealer who gives great deals and service. While you are talking with the other forum dealers, also talk with Wes.
I have heard good things about Wes and Corvette sales. I talked to him about a 2010 Camaro and he was offering to order at invoice (when most dealers were gouging).
Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 PM
08VRZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by JoesC5

That's where I got my 08 Pace Car and Wes is great to deal with!!!! Will take all of my business there even with it being a 2 1/2 hour drive....

Mark
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
0StingrayChevy
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Tim
Kudos to you! Unfortunately you are in the minority, especially in Florida. Keep up the good work!
We are the number one new Corvette dealer in the state of Florida. I have the reports if you need to see those. We have been in business one year, and our first year in business we finished number one in the state for new Corvette sales.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
Have you driven the Porsche yet?Your plan B sounds better than plan A
Yeah, get the VW. Oh, I meant Porsche. Same thing. Heck you could get the VW and, just put some Porsche emblems on it and save some money. Then buy a BMW or Lexus since your that type.

Good luck no matter which way you go. The GS is one great looking and, well built car if you go with plan A.

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 01-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You are in a great position to find your car and the best price right now. Do not worry about going out of Florida to find your car. I went to the Chevy dealership in Brunswick Georga to pick up the exact car I wanted without a problem.

Last edited by metal; 01-15-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:04 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by skierhc
Check out Corvetteconti.com he's got a JSB with what you're looking for. Just look through his posts. You may have to go back a little bit but it's there, I just checked.
I just bought a C6 Coupe from Rick and it was an awesome experience. He is definitely a Corvette guy and knows how to treat a buyer. His prices are great too by the way.

http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?page_id=6839

Window Sticker

Here's me a little bit down the page next to my new Cyber Gray Coupe. http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?page_id=3092
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Tukon44
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DropTop -- I'll add something else.

Take your time and look around. If the dealers know about your 6 week thing they will probably use it to get more money somehow.

Look at the C6 dealer inventory section here as these dealers give good deals --- not in Florida.

Rent a car for a month or too while looking around. Take your time and look for the right car AND the right deal ... Paying $800 for a couple month car rental while saving $ for an out of state deal is worth it.

There is a reason why so many Florida dealers have 09's still on their lots ...
Old 01-15-2010, 04:08 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 3rdWish
I did exactly the same. Tommy Jr. is the man! And the Museum delivery is worth the time and experience.
Good luck,
Billy
100%
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
0StingrayChevy
Former Vendor

I am not sure why no one is listining here but I will post up once again for a thrid time in this thread because I want to help you guys out. We are the NUMBER ONE CORVETTE DEALER IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, and we are that way for a reason. We treat our customers perfect and make incredible deals on price. We have the largest selection of new corvettes in the state, we also have the lowest doc fee in the entire state. Everyone averages around a $500-$700 doc fee, ours is $99. I have 6 GrandSports on the ground right now, 12 zo6's, 15 coupes, 6 verts and a zr1. I make deals and will make you happy. I understand Florida has a bad rep with Chevrolet dealers, we do things the RIGHT way our sister store is the largest Chevrolet dealership in the world and number one in sales for the last 4 years running (Classic Chevrolet, Grapevine, TX) So with all this being said give Stingray a chance to earn your business!!!!

Stingray Chevrolet
Plant City/Tampa, FL
813-359-5000.
2002 North Frontage Road, Plant City FL 33563.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by StingrayChevy
I am not sure why no one is listining here but I will post up once again for a thrid time in this thread because I want to help you guys out. We are the NUMBER ONE CORVETTE DEALER IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA

Stingray Chevrolet
Plant City/Tampa, FL
813-359-5000.
How does it feel to be ignored? Frankly I didn't know you existed until this thread. Not important since I'm on the opposite side of the country but seriously, this is a tough crowd, to gain recognition you need to be in our face with posts almost every day. Just sayin'. Thank you for your efforts and good luck.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopGal
Hello all... (yes, I have been around lurking the forum)

I am SOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! I now turn to you, my fellow Vette drivers for some friendly help.

Situation: The lease on my 08 Vert will mature in 6 weeks (03-03-10) and after driving the Vette for 2 years, I am so impressed that I want to purchase one. (I can't believe that the Vette won both my hubby and me over like it has. Generally, we are Lexus and BMW types.)

Want to Buy: 2010 Grand Sport Coupe, Jetstream Blue, Heritage Packag with two tone titanium/ebony (or either two tone ebony/titanium or titanium with embroidery), A6, chrome wheels, NPP, Navigation, transparent roof, ipod connection, and full width spoiler.

Problem: Two local dealers here in South Florida are not willing to order us our Vette and treated us like dirt, giving us the dealership run around. "The Grand Sport is a limited edition, nothing off of price and we only have one in stock with no allocation"... "We don't discount off of the sticker price and actually can sell them for several thousand over"... yada yada... Lies, lies, and more lies!!

SOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

We qualify for both the GM customer loyalty ($1k cash) and USAA ($750 cash) discounts. Both discounts come from GM and have nothing to do with the dealership. Further, the Grand Sport is NOT a limited edition and should be readily available.

With only 6 weeks remaining, I feel compelled to act now because if we have to place an order, it can take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. We already have the finances ready to go.

I am beside myself. Want to buy a new Corvette and the local dealerships don't want to sell us one. This is NUTS! BTW.. They have many new 2009s on the lot.

Solution?? Should we place an order from one of the larger Corvette dealerships and if we did that, then what? Car delivered to the house? Any advice on what we should do??

This is new to us and thus far, we are not letting the local Chevy dealers force us to plan "B"...> go to Champion Porsche and buy a 911 Carrera S Cabriolet.

Your experience and wisdom in this matter will be most welcomed, fellow Vette drivers. Thank you!! DTG
As I replied earlier, Wes Milby of Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield, MO is a great forum dealer. And you can drive up to Orlando and then fly non stop from Orlando to Springfield for ~$100 to pick up your car.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

I have a JSB Grand Sport Coupe with two tone titanium interior, 3LT, Navigation, Dual Mode Exhaust, Chrome Wheels, Glass Top and the Heritage Package.

The car is already built and will be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week so there's plenty of time to take advantage of the Owner Loyalty Rebate.

Give me a call or email me for more information!

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Last edited by Dave@Ciocca; 01-15-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:42 PM
0corvetteconti @ EVS
Former Vendor

I am SOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! I now turn to you, my fellow Vette drivers for some friendly help.

Situation: The lease on my 08 Vert will mature in 6 weeks (03-03-10) and after driving the Vette for 2 years, I am so impressed that I want to purchase one. (I can't believe that the Vette won both my hubby and me over like it has. Generally, we are Lexus and BMW types.)

Want to Buy: 2010 Grand Sport Coupe, Jetstream Blue, Heritage Packag with two tone titanium/ebony (or either two tone ebony/titanium or titanium with embroidery), A6, chrome wheels, NPP, Navigation, transparent roof, ipod connection, and full width spoiler.

Problem: Two local dealers here in South Florida are not willing to order us our Vette and treated us like dirt, giving us the dealership run around. "The Grand Sport is a limited edition, nothing off of price and we only have one in stock with no allocation"... "We don't discount off of the sticker price and actually can sell them for several thousand over"... yada yada... Lies, lies, and more lies!!

SOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

We qualify for both the GM customer loyalty ($1k cash) and USAA ($750 cash) discounts. Both discounts come from GM and have nothing to do with the dealership. Further, the Grand Sport is NOT a limited edition and should be readily available.

With only 6 weeks remaining, I feel compelled to act now because if we have to place an order, it can take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. We already have the finances ready to go.

I am beside myself. Want to buy a new Corvette and the local dealerships don't want to sell us one. This is NUTS! BTW.. They have many new 2009s on the lot.

Solution?? Should we place an order from one of the larger Corvette dealerships and if we did that, then what? Car delivered to the house? Any advice on what we should do??

This is new to us and thus far, we are not letting the local Chevy dealers force us to plan "B"...> go to Champion Porsche and buy a 911 Carrera S Cabriolet.

Your experience and wisdom in this matter will be most welcomed, fellow Vette drivers. Thank you!! DTG

so sorry to hear about your frustration...we can help you right now:

I appreciate your emails as well.

Thank-you

CLICK HERE!

Old 01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StingrayChevy
I am not sure why no one is listining here but I will post up once again for a thrid time in this thread because I want to help you guys out. We are the NUMBER ONE CORVETTE DEALER IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, and we are that way for a reason. We treat our customers perfect and make incredible deals on price. We have the largest selection of new corvettes in the state, we also have the lowest doc fee in the entire state. Everyone averages around a $500-$700 doc fee, ours is $99. I have 6 GrandSports on the ground right now, 12 zo6's, 15 coupes, 6 verts and a zr1. I make deals and will make you happy. I understand Florida has a bad rep with Chevrolet dealers, we do things the RIGHT way our sister store is the largest Chevrolet dealership in the world and number one in sales for the last 4 years running (Classic Chevrolet, Grapevine, TX) So with all this being said give Stingray a chance to earn your business!!!!

Stingray Chevrolet
Plant City/Tampa, FL
813-359-5000.
OP...If your not going to get the VW/Porsche give this Chevy Dealer a shot. Looks like they are willing to deal with you.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
tomc8at
Race Director

I would like to hear which way you go with this...

Get notified of new replies

To Problems Purchasing 2010 Grand Sport Local Dealers Fail

Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

SOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Stay with GS Vert!!!

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 01-15-2010, 06:55 PM
terryzx
Instructor

Originally Posted by deecount
Give Tommy Jr. a call at MacMulkin. If he doesn't have what you need he can order you one and still get you the employee discount.
I recently bought from Tommy Jr and he gave me a better price WITHOUT discounts than anyone else did with 3 of the main discounts and employee pricing. Tommy Jr is The BEST
Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 PM
besz28
Pro

Originally Posted by AORoads
it's too bad that, being on here since '08, you didn't notice that there were Forum dealers who do such a good job. per the posts above, now you know. unless you buy from inventory, you will def be out of a Corvette for at least a few weeks if you order.

I will say, however, if you've enjoyed your Vette so much, you really owe it to yourself to order one the way you want it. And for you and your hubby to go to the Museum and Plant tour and pick up your car at the Museum----all for about $500 or less. That's my opinion. I hope you do it that way. A couple or three weeks without a Vette is tough, but you will more than make up for it with a couple of those tours.
of course she noticed cmon, you guys really believe that an adult doesn't know what to do in this situation? but then she wouldn't have been able to post about being bmw types and being able to buy a porsche. If you really are this simple then i apologize

Quick Reply: Problems Purchasing 2010 Grand Sport Local Dealers Fail