C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service traction handling::: Bad Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Barry Silliphant
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service traction handling::: Bad Sensor

In june it was locking brakes and a tow into the shop. Problem a $10 clip required to keep the wireing harness together somewhere down along the steering colum.
jump ahead to today and the Service light comes on as I am turning out of my driveway and thump---the brakes come on. I remember what advice you guys had foe me in June.Turn off the car and hope for a re-set and a tow wouldn't have been necessary. ANY HOW I drove to the dealership and the tech. said that the clip was ok but, the sensor went bad.
We made a deal. Because I paid so much for labor in June for the $10 clip ($100). I was offered the sensor for $80 and the labor was to be free! I took the offer and 90 mins later I drove away.
That sensor ( part # 15231652 ) sure causes a lot of trouble when it doesn't work.
By the way my 2005 LBM coupe had a birthday last week 47,000 miles.
be SAFE U-all.....Barry
Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 PM
chsmith112
Drifting

I just had the exact same thing replaced acouple days ago because of a short in the sensor causing my brakes to lock up randomly!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Barry Silliphant
Instructor

did that drive you crazy or what?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
chsmith112
Drifting

Yes kinda scary as well.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Those problems are the worse. Glad to see you got it resolved.

Dealer had a good time trying to figure out why my traction control was randomly engaging and malfunctioning on my 07. They replaced the rotation sensor in the column and it did nothing. The second time I brought the car in they said they scanned it and it was a wheel speed sensor that was bad. They changed the whole hub/assembly with the sensor in it and all has been well.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
lander
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Barry Silliphant
In june it was locking brakes and a tow into the shop. Problem a $10 clip required to keep the wireing harness together somewhere down along the steering colum.
jump ahead to today and the Service light comes on as I am turning out of my driveway and thump---the brakes come on. I remember what advice you guys had foe me in June.Turn off the car and hope for a re-set and a tow wouldn't have been necessary. ANY HOW I drove to the dealership and the tech. said that the clip was ok but, the sensor went bad.
We made a deal. Because I paid so much for labor in June for the $10 clip ($100). I was offered the sensor for $80 and the labor was to be free! I took the offer and 90 mins later I drove away.
That sensor ( part # 15231652 ) sure causes a lot of trouble when it doesn't work.
By the way my 2005 LBM coupe had a birthday last week 47,000 miles.
be SAFE U-all.....Barry
You got raped on that deal! It's literally a five minute job, start to finish and a cup of coffee, to install the clip. They probably felt bad that you paid for that before...the steering wheel sensor is fairly labor intensive, IIRC.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
chaver450
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just had the a&a kit installed the other day. installed and tuned. the car runs like a raped ape. this morning when i started the car, i got the service active handling message that went out a few seconds later and it hasn't come on since. do you guys think this has anything to do with the tune? do you think it's the start of the dreaded active handling issues? your input is welcome, thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:00 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
Those problems are the worse. Glad to see you got it resolved.

Dealer had a good time trying to figure out why my traction control was randomly engaging and malfunctioning on my 07. They replaced the rotation sensor in the column and it did nothing. The second time I brought the car in they said they scanned it and it was a wheel speed sensor that was bad. They changed the whole hub/assembly with the sensor in it and all has been well.

Just emailed you about the wheel sensor issue. I might be buying a car that has a bad wheel speed sensor on the rear right. I need a good idea of cost and what issues this can cause. I am planning to drive the car 700 miles home. I would hate to have an issue on the road.

Cajun

Get notified of new replies

To Service traction handling::: Bad Sensor

Quick Reply: Service traction handling::: Bad Sensor