C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CostCo Dan Mar 4 post lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 PM
gsport
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
A big factor is delivery and set up cost's to your garage. Talked a flat bed tow truck service into picking up the 1400 lb package from the trucking terminal for about $100, plus a generous $50 tip. Lot's of my time arranging this, too. Assembled the lift myself, and had lot's of fun with the two 16 foot, 400 lb platform's. No regret's for getting the lift, just mentioning some of the true cost's. Found out later there's a local lift company that will deliver and set up the rig for a few extra buck's. Probably go that route.
talking about the free delivery to your house with the dannmar lift. you need a way to get it off the truck when it arrives.. i chose to borrow a friends flat bed car hauler and pick it up at the truck terminal here in town. they'll gladly load it on your trailer to keep from haveing to deliver it... and then you can unload it at your leisure
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by gsport
talking about the free delivery to your house with the dannmar lift. you need a way to get it off the truck when it arrives.. i chose to borrow a friends flat bed car hauler and pick it up at the truck terminal here in town. they'll gladly load it on your trailer to keep from haveing to deliver it... and then you can unload it at your leisure
I used a flat bed tow tow truck to get mine off the truck. It was worth the $150.00.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 568 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by C-INRED
Thanks. Mine is 10' so sounds like it may be worth looking into, especially if I could move my opener out of the way. Isn't it possible to put a side-mount opener on?
yes, it is possible to put a side opener in. i just put three of them in. they are very expensive but worth it. they raise two of my doors within 8" of my 13' ceiling. liftmaster 3800 "jackshaft" operators. the motor is warranted for life and all other parts five years.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:40 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Couple months ago installed a Direct Lift Pro8 four post...very nice unit and importantly is certified under the newer stricter certification process (not all lifts are created equal...watch out for cheap poorly engineered units) This is a good read before you select whatever type/manufacturer>> http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/Articles.asp?ID=133

Don't forget to get a lift jack (this is a sliding version so you can lift front or rear)

Also a little tip...mark the power column with tape etc to indicate max lifting heights for the cars you place on the lift...in my case I have a 1990 ZR-1 and C6... thus the marks for max height (meaning when unit is locked into place) for each car... hood up/garage door up/garage door down. Of course this is only needed for those of us with lower ceilings (mine is 9')....would be a to lift car into a door or whatever.

Next job is to go with the Liftmaster 3800 Jackshaft opener and to raise the garage door rails... that will give me just enough room to park a Vette under a Vette

Michael

Last edited by C6FirstVette; 10-27-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 202 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
yes, it is possible to put a side opener in. i just put three of them in. they are very expensive but worth it. they raise two of my doors within 8" of my 13' ceiling. liftmaster 3800 "jackshaft" operators. the motor is warranted for life and all other parts five years.
I see them on ebay for $298 which sounds pretty reasonable.
Too bad my ceiling to only 8 1/2 feet.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 568 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
I see them on ebay for $298 which sounds pretty reasonable.
Too bad my ceiling to only 8 1/2 feet.
hey Alan,

$300 seems "cheap" for the 3800 but just for the operator. the issue is the installation. you need to re-spring the door, install the shaft w/springs, cable tension sensor and the automatic door lock. mine was new construction so they started with a blank canvas and it still took 3 guys 12 hours to install and adjust all 3 doors. the result is perfect (i would post some pics but have never posted before and don't really know how). you can still put a lift in a 8 1/2' ceiling but you will have to raise the section where the roof is so that it will travel higher. it's done all the time.

j.j.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:00 PM
VipersRnotVettes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to see pics Here's an easy way to post pics.
Go to user CP./Pictures and albums. Upload pictures in your garage. Once your pics are there, click on the pic you want to post. At the bottom of the pic, right click and copy the top thread.
Go back to post reply. Once there, click on insert image (looks like mountain postcard) this will tell you to enter the URL. Simply right click, and paste, and hit ok. Then submit reply.

Hope this helps
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 202 Likes on 126 Posts

Jimmie,
The posting info given above seems pretty easy, however, if you still can't do it, you can email me a few and I will post for you.
scms at bellsouth dot net
I have so many trusses in my garage, it would be a nightmare to raise the ceiling.
I wish it was more simple, and it would be pretty costly.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 PM
MechaMunch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vdaddy
Does anyone know how the backyard buddy compares in price to the Danmar? It doesn't look like they post prices...
Danmar has way, way better pricing than backyard buddy. You can pick one up at Costco...
Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
UNKNOWN
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
Jimmie,
The posting info given above seems pretty easy, however, if you still can't do it, you can email me a few and I will post for you.
scms at bellsouth dot net
I have so many trusses in my garage, it would be a nightmare to raise the ceiling.
I wish it was more simple, and it would be pretty costly.
This is bizzare - but my neighbor raised his gargage 18 inches all the way around by inserting a wall under the wall

re raised the entire mf garage

he did it with jacks .

htg

Quick Reply: CostCo Dan Mar 4 post lift