C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Bullets

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 AM
cowboy351
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally started off with B&B route 66 because I had heard how loud the Bullets were. Well, after hearing the bullets in person I knew they were what i wanted. I have them on (stock) and I love it. They are still aggressive even stock. There is some drone but the sound of the car outweighs the negative for me. I have driven the car from VA to MS 14.5 hour trip and neither myself or the wife conplained about drone or not being able to carry on a conversation. Go for it!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 AM
dumpster
Instructor

Originally Posted by The Saint
This has probably been done a million times, but I'm very close to getting this exhaust for my car (C6 w/manual trans) and I'd welcome opinions. Do you have this exhaust? Did you consider it before going with something else? Why? Etc, etc.

I've heard that it's pretty loud and aggressive, which is fine with me. Still, I'd like to be able to hear the music, have conversations, etc with the targa top removed.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds to me like you would like B&B Fusions. Bi-Modal sound selection, plenty loud with butterflies open (straight thru 3" pipe), or nice, mellow sound with butterflies closed for highway or when you want to listen to tunes. Kit comes with all the mild to wild hardware needed. Louder than NPP. Shop around for best pricing and you can save. Check it out.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 AM
LS2-Zomb!e
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DickM
The last C6 I owned (before I traded it on another coupe) had the BB's on it. A couple of days after I traded, my next door neighbor came over to see my new car- he KNEW I had traded because I wasn't waking him up in the morning when I pulled out of the garage
Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Dwarflord
Advanced

Originally Posted by dumpster
Sounds to me like you would like B&B Fusions. Bi-Modal sound selection, plenty loud with butterflies open (straight thru 3" pipe), or nice, mellow sound with butterflies closed for highway or when you want to listen to tunes. Kit comes with all the mild to wild hardware needed. Louder than NPP. Shop around for best pricing and you can save. Check it out.

I had same concerns and glad I went with Fusions. Now I can have it quiet on long trips and loud around town. Here are mine, all stock except the Fusions you see here. With flaps open, they are "almost" as loud as the bullets. When closed, they are a bit louder than stock. Good luck to you. I spent 4 months researching and listening before I purchased, I love 'em.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:08 AM
The Saint
Team Owner

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys for all of the comments. Once I decide, I'll post an update to this thread for anyone who is interested.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

[QUOTE=donkeyssuck;1571899424]You probably have a slushbox. Drone MUCH less noticeable w/stick. You girls w/autos just need to pull your dresses up over your ears if you can't handle it.[/QUOTE]

I never new it till now. Thanks for the Info.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
rskeller
Racer

I love the bullets traded my NPP for them, also added headers and man it sounds you can hear me a mile or 2 away. Music is usually up don't here the drone, just play with the gears and work around it.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:46 PM
REMIX
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love to have a set of these, but I leave the house at ten to 5 every morning for the gym. I can imagine the havoc that would cause around here. LOL.

RMX
Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
crm-corvette
Intermediate

I was considering putting on B&B bullets cause I heard they were the loudest... I actually ended up getting QTP's electric cutouts... you might want to look into that as well if you want loud and want to be able to shut it off as well... My car is stock and automatic when you open the cutouts it sounds loud as hell but closed it becomes just like stock... so just incase you were interested you should look into those as well
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
WaFp
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts

just curious, but anyone with the Bullets have the MadVette insulation kit installed? and if so, how'd it handle the drone?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:01 PM
ZR1Gerhardt
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I do not have the insulation or exhaust yet, but the exhaust is in the mail. I also ordered the three piece insulation kit at Ecklers. However, I do have a ZR1 so it will sound somewhat different anyway. But I will compare the exhaust with and w/o the insulation pads in it. Should still be a decent reference on how much noise they can abate.

Scott
Old 10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwarflord

I had same concerns and glad I went with Fusions. Now I can have it quiet on long trips and loud around town. Here are mine, all stock except the Fusions you see here. With flaps open, they are "almost" as loud as the bullets. When closed, they are a bit louder than stock. Good luck to you. I spent 4 months researching and listening before I purchased, I love 'em.

Great video. Does anyone have a video of the Fusions open and doing a drive-by (not the gang type )?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 PM
SharkDiverZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 3,710 Likes on 1,394 Posts

Originally Posted by REMIX
I would love to have a set of these, but I leave the house at ten to 5 every morning for the gym. I can imagine the havoc that would cause around here. LOL.

RMX
Havoc Schmavoc...Get the Bullets. Nice avatar - My first car was a 1970 Chevelle SS w/396. Which iteration of the 455 do you have?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 PM
SharkDiverZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 3,710 Likes on 1,394 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Gerhardt
I do not have the insulation or exhaust yet, but the exhaust is in the mail. I also ordered the three piece insulation kit at Ecklers. However, I do have a ZR1 so it will sound somewhat different anyway. But I will compare the exhaust with and w/o the insulation pads in it. Should still be a decent reference on how much noise they can abate.

Scott
Don't count on the insulation helping much, if at all. Enjoy the exhaust.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Had it on a s/c C5...best exhaust I've ever heard on a Vette. Serious.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM
CORVETTE2009
Advanced

Default Many opinions

I assume you want to hear from your peers, so here's my .02 cents. I'll keep it short.

First, for me, money was a big issue, but on the other hand, I have made decisions based on cost that I later regretted. The BULLETS are $1,100 and the FUSION system is $1,600. That's a significant difference, but then, everything for a Vette is expensive.

For me, the FUSIONS were worth the extra bucks because when "OPEN" they are loud (head turning, envious, wish I had that car loud) and when "CLOSED" they don't bother the neighbors, get your wife complaining and the best part........no drone in 5th and 6th at highway speeds.

I'm very glad I went with the FUSIONS and not the BULLETS.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:49 PM
The Saint
Team Owner

Finally got the Bullets installed on the car and they sound KILLER. Couldn't be happier with them.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Bullets

Old 11-28-2009, 05:39 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Saint
Finally got the Bullets installed on the car and they sound KILLER. Couldn't be happier with them.
Wait until your first road trip and you've listened to them for 8 hours straight. Come back and tell us if your still happy with them a year from now. I admit they are the best sounding OUTSIDE the car but it's inside that's the problem.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwarflord

I hope when you quote "almost" you are being conservative, because I think most will admit that the Fusions are just as good sounding open as the bullets are, with the luxury of no drone when closed. This is why of course I ordered them! I love em!!!!! Now I would like to do a cam and headers, but trying to decide if it is worth voiding the warrantry!

Last edited by bigterpsfan; 11-29-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:46 AM
The Saint
Team Owner

Originally Posted by goatts
Wait until your first road trip and you've listened to them for 8 hours straight. Come back and tell us if your still happy with them a year from now. I admit they are the best sounding OUTSIDE the car but it's inside that's the problem.
I appreciate the comments but I don't anticipate any trips of that length in the Corvette. We'll take my wife's Lexus for those. The Vette is a fun car for me, not a road trip car.

Still, I had some highway driving on the way home yesterday and the interior noise or "drone" was nothing that I couldn't fix by turning up the radio.

Quick Reply: B&B Bullets