C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for Speeding on the way home from Kerberk!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
That's where you're wrong! If we took our Corvette customers and broke them into groups based on profession, Law Enforcement would be second to Doctors. Lawyers would be third.
He's referring to a thread bapd77 made about pulling a guy over and he told him he was just pissed coz he couldn't afford a Vette
Old 10-14-2009, 02:06 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

That's where you're wrong! If we took our Corvette customers and broke them into groups based on profession, Law Enforcement would be second to Doctors. Lawyers would be third.

I just get so sick of the cop bashing. There are bad people everwhere and yes, a small minority of cops give the rest a bad name.

However, I get so sick of the stereotypes on this forum about cops. Isn't that the same thing these people cry about when it comes to cops, saying they stereotype people? Get over it, cops are not OUT TO GET YOU because you own a Corvette.

You can believe it or not, but WE DO HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO!

This isn't directed at you, Dave, it's the rest of the Cop Haters. !
Old 10-14-2009, 02:21 PM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I can't imagine why the cop even bothered to pull you over...he didn't observe you doing anything wrong. I know it's SOP but how lame to ask "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Evidently the cop didn't even know why he pulled you over.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:29 PM
TXC6Z51
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have said well if I passed a cop doing 90 you wouldn't have caught me
Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
If he lost visible sight of you and there were that many Vettes out, would be hard to prove in court.
Glad the event was fun...
David

Basic rule of traffic enforcement, if you lose site of the car, you can't write it.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

I was being a smart-*** Dave....Ive been a cop for 31 years ...and I own three Corvettes, including a C6Z

Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R
I was being a smart-*** Dave....Ive been a cop for 31 years ...and I own three Corvettes, including a C6Z

Sweet ride, 8 years myself.

PM Sent to ya.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocketmanwpb
Basic rule of traffic enforcement, if you lose site of the car, you can't write it.
You guys that are taking this position and advocating this.....can you give me the Statute/Title number and State that requires this element?

I would also ask about a limited (not an all out fleeing and eluding) chase. The violator turns a corner, the officer loses direct visual contact with the suspect....a block or 2 later he notices the vehicle again and stops and cites.

An additional note....what about an officer who observes the license plate at the time of the violation. They can't cite?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by RnLi
You guys that are taking this position and advocating this.....can you give me the Statute/Title number and State that requires this element?

I would also ask about a limited (not an all out fleeing and eluding) chase. The violator turns a corner, the officer loses direct visual contact with the suspect....a block or 2 later he notices the vehicle again and stops and cites.

An additional note....what about an officer who observes the license plate at the time of the violation. They can't cite?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

You took the words right out of my mouth...That post was total

I can ASSURE you an officer can lose sight of a vehicle and STILL make a lawful arrest or issue a citation....Done it many times in my career...in some cases even hours after the (alleged ) incident occurred ....as long as you can identify the driver..youre good to go...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
VipersRnotVettes
Racer

On a positive note, I was speeding (a wee bit ) on a 2 lane highway, and the policeman I met coming from the opposite direction, flashed his lights, and waved..I got the message. He had me dead to rights if he wanted me.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM
mbing09V
Racer

Originally Posted by STEVE MC
Sounds like

Glad he let you off.
If he did give you a ticket, you probably would have got it dismissed in court.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:21 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by VipersRnotVettes
On a positive note, I was speeding (a wee bit ) on a 2 lane highway, and the policeman I met coming from the opposite direction, flashed his lights, and waved..I got the message. He had me dead to rights if he wanted me.
Lucky you....A buddy and I got nailed in our Vettes doing 93/70 going thru Kansas on the way to Bowling Green...Didnt tell him I was a cop (my badge isnt a speeding permit)...but DAYUM, we were in the middle of KANSAS for crimony sake...and it's not so much I minded getting the ticket (afterall, we WERE speeding), but the $277 fine was total ...The same speed in Colorado would be $86!!!..But of course Colorado doesnt rely soley on traffic tickets for its revenue...Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park, Royal Gorge, etc, etc...Not to mention our Interstate speed limit is 75MPH!!...Kansas putting a 70mph limit on their interstates is like hanging a T-bone in front of a starving man and expecting him not to take a bite!!!

Here's my buddy that was with me...We did this magazine shoot a few years ago for a quick-release license plate frame...(No, my foot isnt really on the car)

Old 10-14-2009, 09:27 PM
ZeusC6
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Formula52
Hi All,

Got pulled over by a N.J. State trooper on my way home from Kerberk on Saturday. Only thing it was not me speeding. I was the Atomic Orange Corvette that everyone passed on the Parkway. I had my cruise set to 2 miles above the speed limit and drove home as carefully as possible.

State trouper was behind me I assume for a while. then came along side me, then went ahead of me (I assume to see if I had a front plate, which I do.). I could not have driven any more slower if I tried. I would not even keep up with the other Vettes that passed me. I might have passed a total of 5 cars the whole way and they were going quite slow. So I assume you get the picture. So then he gets behind me and puts his lights on.

When he comes up to me car, he asked me if I know why he pulled me over. I said no sir, I don't. Told me 20 miles back by some bridge he saw an orange Corvette going over 90 MPH. He was coming from the other direction and said it took him all that time to turn around and catch up to me.... I swore to him it was not me and that everyone and their Uncle passed me... He had to see that. I also do not have a radar detector... Also, he knew of the Kerberk event, which had over 700 Vettes...

I guess he believed me because I got no ticket. But it was scary, the thought of getting a ticket for what someone else did.

Anyway, Kerberk was a lot of fun, had a great time and can't wait to go again next year....

Take care,

Steve
Must be a story...

There isn't a Corvette dealer named Kerberk.

Last edited by ZeusC6; 10-14-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Truth is, anything over the speed limit is speeding. I knowingly sped today by setting my cruise at 63 in a 60. Funny how in my past life, I drove as fast as I could get away with..... everybody does it..... right? But then discovering truth opened my heart to, well, truth. If the limit is 55, then that's the limit and what the left lanes are for on a highway. The right lanes are for exiting and merging an anything under 55. Funny how the world seems to think the limit is just the starting point instead of the end point. If I was given a ticket for speeding 2 over I would be honest and admit to speeding. 1mph over is speeding. It's not being ****. It's about choosing honest truth and humbleness over pride of self-centeredness. Not bashing the OP, but soething for everyone to think about.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 PM
candlemuse
Drifting

Originally Posted by jklarkpimp
thats why the verde ithaca lime green is cool....
youre one of a kind

but also could get you into trouble
Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM
truman911
Intermediate

I live in Texas and I got pulled over by a trooper too. He gave me a warning about not having a front plate and for my tint being to dark. Just cant bring myself to add a front plate. Never had any problems with the local police though.

Get notified of new replies

To Pulled over for Speeding on the way home from Kerberk!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:51 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you got away clean.

There was a big police presence on the GSP on Saturday.
I thought it was much heavier on the way down to Atlantic City.
I just set my cruise control at 4 over and rolled through the traps.
Less fun, but no points...
Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Bat Man
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 8 Posts

First, technically an officer COULD cite anyone for anything (as long as he sees fit). But it wouldn't hold up in law. A citation is just a device to bring you before a court.

2nd, if a cop loses sight of a vehicle for an extended period of time, it calls into question whether or not, the vehicle is the same vehicle he originally saw (like for the OP). The second portion is that even if he matches tags, he can't prove who was driving.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 238 Posts

Just what I was taught in the academy. Not saying officers don't write after losing sight of a violator then finding again, also for the more serious crimes I would say the rule goes out the window. The courts don't want to hear you lost sight of a minor traffic offender then found them and wrote them.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for Speeding on the way home from Kerberk!!!