C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD II Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:10 PM
bbplayer133
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OBD II Issue

Hi All,

So, I have a problem and I do not know where to begin to diagnose the issue. I went to take my car for an emissions test, just routine check, and they were unable to do the test. They were not able to get a read on the computer through the OBDII Connector. It was unable to connect to my car. I came home and checked the obd connector and everything looked copestic but I am unsure of the underlying issue here, and still need to take the test since I "failed". Oh, also while they were trying to read my computer, my service engine soon light came on!

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old 10-10-2009, 04:48 PM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you changed the battery recently? Did it not connect or give a "not ready" status? If it would not connect or talk to the ECU, then take it to the dealer..Have them connect their Tech II to the car..They can read the same emissions ready status that the emissions test people can.
I believe this has popped up before on the forum..

Last edited by nwc6; 10-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by nwc6
Have you changed the battery recently? Did it not connect or give a "not ready" status? If it would not connect or talk to the ECU, then take it to the dealer..Have them connect their Tech II to the car..They can read the same emissions ready status that the emissions test people can.
I believe this has popped up before on the forum..
If you did disconnect the battery recently you will get a "not ready " status at inspection. Just drive the car for about 50+ miles and the not ready will disapear.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:07 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

check your fuses to see if they are all good, there is a 12v feed at the obd connector. If you get a schematic breakdown of the connector check the 12v pin feed first.
Then look at the data line pin, put a digital multimeter to ground and then to that pin on the connector. You should see the multimeter bounce around. My bet is they used a checker that needs 12volts at that connector to power up and read and you have a blown fuse. Past that it gets a little hairy-er. good luck, paul
Old 10-11-2009, 11:49 AM
bbplayer133
Instructor

Thanks for the responses, i am going to check out a couple things today. I have not changed the battery or anything yet, so i do not think that is the cause. Hopefully it was just an incompetent worker.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
bbplayer133
Instructor

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input, the problem was the cigarette lighter fuse was dead, and that control the obd module.... go figure. But as a result i took it to autozone and had them read the codes and i was throwing 3, luckly nothing insane.

~U2105
~P0700
~U0001

Thanks for all the help! Saved me a trip to the dealer!!!!

Chris
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

You still have a problem.

U2105 Lost communication with ECM, BCM, EBCM, ESC, TCM

PO700 Transmission Control Module

U0001 High speed CAN communication Bus ECM

Get notified of new replies

To OBD II Issue

Quick Reply: OBD II Issue