C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chuck cow tune review

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 01:53 PM
SGT_G
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Default chuck cow tune review

My overall experience with his tune was very good. The complete package costs (820.00) and requires a replacement ECU, 160 thermostat and autocal device which is all included. Chuck had overnighted the ECU and thermostat and 2-day shipped the autocal device which was appreciated. Once the ECU and thermostat were installed the booster had significantly increased the throttle response of the car and the thermostat had dropped my oil and coolant temperatures an average of 20 degrees. Next, the process of tuning and data logging began and took about 3 weeks to complete. My car needed 7 or 8 updates to get within chucks standards. Once all was said and done, the car shifts and downshifts much faster. Acceleration is instant and faster it would seem. The car breaks traction easier than it would have. I do not have dyno numbers to support my claims but will upload them to this thread if I can get them in the near future. Another good thing with chuck's tune is that he will update your tune for free as you continue to modify your car. Just be advised that aside it can be difficult to get ahold of Chuck as he is always traveling or working through the night on customer orders.
The following 2 users liked this post by SGT_G:
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015), Magik (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:16 PM
ssmike56
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Pretty much my experience so far with the complete package. I'm on the second datalog process so hopefully be done in a couple more. I'll post a review myself tonight.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:30 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmike56
Pretty much my experience so far with the complete package. I'm on the second datalog process so hopefully be done in a couple more. I'll post a review myself tonight.
I had the whole tune Engine and Trans and Cow Booster also I had the 342 Rear installed. WOW a must DO. GREAT
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:45 PM
SGT_G
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

I would like to get the 3.42 gears as well, but that would probably kill my great gas mileage lol..
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:55 PM
bill K
Pro

Originally Posted by SGT_G
I would like to get the 3.42 gears as well, but that would probably kill my great gas mileage lol..
You would be surprised it takes it down a little but not that bad. I must say my car is not a daily driver but I see a 300 rpm difference. But I must say to get 2 miles less per gallon It is a blast. It is a must do.
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 04:12 PM
ssmike56
Pro

I went from 3.42's to 3.91's in my 5th gen Camaro and lost 2 mpg highway. I didn't care though because it was a HUGE improvement in the fun factor! One of the best mods I did to that car! Gonna keep the stock gears in the Corvette though, it's more of a cruiser than a race car!
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 04:28 PM
bill K
Pro

I went from 3.42's to 3.91's in my 5th gen Camaro and lost 2 mpg highway. I didn't care though because it was a HUGE improvement in the fun factor! One of the best mods I did to that car! Gonna keep the stock gears in the Corvette though, it's more of a cruiser than a race car!
You can still cruise it is just more fun
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 08:11 PM
ssmike56
Pro

Originally Posted by bill K
You can still cruise it is just more fun
True!
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thanks for the GREAT REVIEW!

Originally Posted by SGT_G
My overall experience with his tune was very good. The complete package costs (820.00) and requires a replacement ECU, 160 thermostat and autocal device which is all included. Chuck had overnighted the ECU and thermostat and 2-day shipped the autocal device which was appreciated. Once the ECU and thermostat were installed the booster had significantly increased the throttle response of the car and the thermostat had dropped my oil and coolant temperatures an average of 20 degrees. Next, the process of tuning and data logging began and took about 3 weeks to complete. My car needed 7 or 8 updates to get within chucks standards. Once all was said and done, the car shifts and downshifts much faster. Acceleration is instant and faster it would seem. The car breaks traction easier than it would have. I do not have dyno numbers to support my claims but will upload them to this thread if I can get them in the near future. Another good thing with chuck's tune is that he will update your tune for free as you continue to modify your car. Just be advised that aside it can be difficult to get ahold of Chuck as he is always traveling or working through the night on customer orders.
Thanks for the GREAT REVIEW!

Sometimes, I'm sitting right here and the phone is not ringing... and I answer immediately.

Sometimes, I have 10 calls on hold, 30 PMs, and 50 e-mails waiting on me....

I do my best to get every call, but can't always.

Either way, we've invested in a totally new IP phone system to better track calls, messages, and the phone system will even be able to track me down

on weekends and at night....

Either way, we'll let you know when it's finished.

One thing you already know.... If you're a customer and you NEED HELP..... I'm on the phone with you for as long as you need and I don't care how late it is...

When you have my attention... YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION.

We're BUSY....Because we're GOOD.
Thank you.
Chuck CoW
Old 12-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Fastone27
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I would like to ask the OP if now that you have done this looking back do you feel that you could have taken your car to a local tuner and received the same results but not had to have taken several weeks of data-logging and changes to get it done ? I am certainly not bashing Chuck's tune at all and it may simply been a case of you not having a good tuner close to you. Glad you had a great experience with Chucks tune and have not heard anything but good reviews. But for $820.00 that sounds to be about the same or a little higher than what I have found from tuners local to me (Georgia) such as Vengeance Racing and you could have been done with it in a matter of an afternoon.

Last edited by Fastone27; 12-22-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Proud Owner (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 08:46 AM
ssmike56
Pro

Originally Posted by Fastone27
I would like to ask the OP if now that you have done this looking back do you feel that you could have taken your car to a local tuner and received the same results but not had to have taken several weeks of data-logging and changes to get it done ? I am certainly not bashing Chuck's tune at all and it may simply been a case of you not having a good tuner close to you. Glad you had a great experience with Chucks tune and have not heard anything but good reviews. But for $820.00 that sounds to be about the same or a little higher than what I have found from tuners local to me (Georgia) such as Vengeance Racing and you could have been done with it in a matter of an afternoon.
I'm not the OP but would like to share why I did an email tune rather than local dyno. The closest reputable tuner is 1 hour drive away. My experience with dyno tunes is that I would end up back to the shop another 1 or 2 times for tweaks. Each time back killed half a day or more. I also had a tuner about 2 1/2 hours away and had to wait a couple months until I was driving through to have a tweak done. With an email tune I can upload and datalog at my convenience and feel the results each time. It's much more convenient and lots of FUN datalogging! There's times when it takes a couple days to get a datalog turned around with a refresh and others where I send a datalog and I have a tune update the same day! The only thing with an email tune is that you don't know what power you're putting down. In my case it doesn't matter because I don't race and it's strictly a street tune.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

$820 for a mail order tune? Yikes. Dyno & street tune for $400 FTW.
The following 3 users liked this post by Never-Enough:
Dado5 (12-22-2015), Dcasole (12-22-2015), Proud Owner (12-23-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 12:48 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
$820 for a mail order tune? Yikes. Dyno & street tune for $400 FTW.
its closer to ~520 as the rest is for the auto cal which enables the user to receive the tweaks for add ons and such.

I'm not the OP but would like to share why I did an email tune rather than local dyno. The closest reputable tuner is 1 hour drive away. My experience with dyno tunes is that I would end up back to the shop another 1 or 2 times for tweaks. Each time back killed half a day or more. I also had a tuner about 2 1/2 hours away and had to wait a couple months until I was driving through to have a tweak done. With an email tune I can upload and datalog at my convenience and feel the results each time. It's much more convenient and lots of FUN datalogging! There's times when it takes a couple days to get a datalog turned around with a refresh and others where I send a datalog and I have a tune update the same day! The only thing with an email tune is that you don't know what power you're putting down. In my case it doesn't matter because I don't race and it's strictly a street tune.
I totally agree...
Chuck CoW (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 12:51 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default There is NO COMPARISON to what I sell and other products...

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
its closer to ~520 as the rest is for the auto cal which enables the user to receive the tweaks for add ons and such.

I totally agree...
There is NO COMPARISON to what I sell and other products...

But you know that already!

You're NOT buying a TUNE.... YOU'RE BUYING ME.

Chuck CoW
Old 12-22-2015, 02:23 PM
ssmike56
Pro

Chuck, that means you're a Corvette performance prostitute!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:10 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default I a freekin' Corvette Tuning ****!

Chuck, that means you're a Corvette performance prostitute!
I a freekin' Corvette Tuning ****! And I'll even finish you OFF with a TOTALLY FREE CoW BOOSTER!

You you've been with ME, you'll never be with another tuner....

For those guys that think local or dyno tunes are better.... I'll say nothing on the subject...

Please ask or PM my customers and they will speak for me.

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To chuck cow tune review

Quick Reply: chuck cow tune review