C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to Purchase....Have some questions. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default About to Purchase....Have some questions. Please Help

Hey guys,

I have finally found a 07 z06 I want to make an offer on...I have a few quick questions.

1. Do the seats in the z06 have "covers" on them that can be purchased seperately and put on the car? If so, how much are they? If not, can I reupholster the seat bolster and have it look oem? If not, whats the cost of a new seat? reason being....driver side seat is scuffed on the bolster closest to the door.

2. Can the center console piece (available in cf, silver etc) be purchased seperately, if so for how much....Reason being...I dont like the silver. Ive seen some people paint these...how much was that?

3. Are there any clues, or hints to look at regarding the motor? Things to listen for under the hood? Things to listen for on the exhaust note? Things to look for while shifting or when the rpms come up/down?

Sorry for the questions, but this is my first "expensive" exotic car purchase, and I want to ensure Im buying a strong one. The car is in Ft Lauderdale, so if anyone that is local is open to helping examine the car, Id be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance guys...looking forward to some helpful info.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
ALLBlackC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitly take it to a reputable shop to have it thouroughly checked.

If you in Ft. Lauderdale I would imagine you have alot of high end performance shops to choose from.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Did you post this question in the Z section http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion-100/
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM
acejack
Racer

There is a thread somewhere, that people who live close to a car for sale, will look at it for you. If I find it I'll post it.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by troller399
Did you post this question in the Z section http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion-100/
Yes, no problem posting here, but for some things, the Z06 forum regulars would probably have a little more experience & expertise.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
BringOnSpring
Pro

Originally Posted by acejack
There is a thread somewhere, that people who live close to a car for sale, will look at it for you. If I find it I'll post it.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
benellv
Intermediate

Default Console upgrade

Originally Posted by Geared
Hey guys,

I have finally found a 07 z06 I want to make an offer on...I have a few quick questions.

1. Do the seats in the z06 have "covers" on them that can be purchased seperately and put on the car? If so, how much are they? If not, can I reupholster the seat bolster and have it look oem? If not, whats the cost of a new seat? reason being....driver side seat is scuffed on the bolster closest to the door.

2. Can the center console piece (available in cf, silver etc) be purchased seperately, if so for how much....Reason being...I dont like the silver. Ive seen some people paint these...how much was that?

3. Are there any clues, or hints to look at regarding the motor? Things to listen for under the hood? Things to listen for on the exhaust note? Things to look for while shifting or when the rpms come up/down?

Sorry for the questions, but this is my first "expensive" exotic car purchase, and I want to ensure Im buying a strong one. The car is in Ft Lauderdale, so if anyone that is local is open to helping examine the car, Id be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance guys...looking forward to some helpful info.
All I can answer you on is about the console. I have an 07 with the silver console which (for me) looked really cheap and out of place. I was going to install an 08 console which is sharp but will run around $400.00. What I done and I even like more than the 08 console was to get some ebony vinyl that matched the dash and covered the console which really dressed up the interior and tied it all together better. The material and labor to cover it was a total of $80.00. My best and cheapest mod to date.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:50 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Since GM is getting tougher on such things as warranty work when a car has aftermarket parts, you might want to check with a Chev. dealer if you've got the VIN to see if this car's been flagged for having aftermarket parts on it which might affect the warranty.

See this thread and specifically post #67: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...post1571733872
Old 10-06-2009, 06:03 PM
BringOnSpring
Pro

Originally Posted by benellv
All I can answer you on is about the console. I have an 07 with the silver console which (for me) looked really cheap and out of place. I was going to install an 08 console which is sharp but will run around $400.00. What I done and I even like more than the 08 console was to get some ebony vinyl that matched the dash and covered the console which really dressed up the interior and tied it all together better. The material and labor to cover it was a total of $80.00. My best and cheapest mod to date.
Sounds nice. I'd like to see how that turned out, any pics?

Get notified of new replies

To About to Purchase....Have some questions. Please Help

Quick Reply: About to Purchase....Have some questions. Please Help