C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good OLE GM SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
CroOrange
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 07C680U
suito????...really??
?????

a++ Cedric
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cro
Excuse me but my GM Dealer wants 300$ for a wheel alignment whereas the local GoodYear alignment center charges me 120$ and it is spot on to my request.

My GM Dealer also charged me 90$ plus tax to reset the TPMS of my four wheels plus 280$ to swap the winter wheels to the summer wheels (I have two sets, no unmounting of rubber to do). Over 400$ with tax for the change

Bottom line bought myself a TPMS tool, jack and SnapOn torque wrench.

a++ Cedric
Your excused. So the moral of the story must be dealers over charge for service. Point is there is good and bad in all. But, one thing is certain. All dealers charge more for service. It's just another fact of life.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 AM
SloChicken
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
GM has always had poor service as compared to BMW, Lexus and Infinity. For those of you who have owned any of the above you know what I'm talking about.
I just got rid of my M3 to get this my C6.
The BMW dealer was always at least 2-4 weeks out for regular scheduled services, oil change or otherwise.
Ridiculous.
I have a full size ford 4x4 and get 6 dollar changes for life at the ford dealer and they shuttle me to and from my house if i don't want to wait. I can call them and usually get in the same afternoon.
IMO
There is no telling brand to brand. Luck of the draw.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Some people are never happy. It is very hard to deal with people in American business today.
They have got to be very lazy do less for more pay. Everyone is in a rush and you are just another number It's easier just to pay the bill and leave.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:57 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by John Harry
This is not unusual for BMW service. They typically treat their customers very well. But their cars are way overpriced, and if you have to buy a part it will be exorbitantly expensive. Believe me, nothing at BMW is “free”.
BMW you are locked into the dealership in parts. You can't go down to Wallyworld to get any parts or you local parts store. Do you have to take BMW into dealer to get air into the tires?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 AM
REMIX
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Depends where you live. Neighbor has nothing but problems with his Lexus service.

I would rather have a service dept. be honest then b.s.
Owned 2 Lexus cars over the years (bought new). Their customer service is the gold standard IMO. Bent over backwards for me whenever I took the car in. Always got a current model loaner and the car was always washed and vacuumed when it got it back (wouldn't allow the wash part with my Corvette). Had to make appointments, but even unscheduled, you always got a loaner for free no questions asked. FYI, my experience with Lexus service was consistent across a couple of cities.

Had a CLK AMG Mercedes as well (bought new). Great service, lousy car. Always got a loaner, current model MB whenever possible. I should have Lemon-lawed that car...but the service was tip top. Had to make appointments here.

Two Acuras (TL new, NSX not new). Again, excellent service. Great cars so I never really ever saw the dealer. They also went totally out of their way to provide a loaner (even when my NSX was out of warranty and I didn't even buy it from them). My TL they really try to provide a hassle free experience. Make an appointment...in and out.

I haven't had to deal with the local Chebby dealer yet, so I am hoping for the best. I did not buy the car from them, so I can only wish that if there's a problem, they'll treat me well. Not hoping for a loaner car...I knew that when I bought the car. So far though the Corvette's been a real trooper.

RMX

Last edited by REMIX; 09-30-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One other note about dealers. At least in Chicago and even Vegas some of the owners own several brands of dealerships or at least the same family does. We have a family that owns a Toyota, Kia, and a Chevrolet store. Often how a owner of the business wants his/her service department run reflects the type of service you will get.

A typical Mercedes Benz dealership makes more money from service then they do selling cars. As a owner of a MB dealer told me just a few weeks ago new car sales are the gravy. The big money is in service and used cars.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
SloChicken
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
BMW you are locked into the dealership in parts. You can't go down to Wallyworld to get any parts or you local parts store. Do you have to take BMW into dealer to get air into the tires?
That is not true.
I had a 2004 M3 and my charging system went bad last year. The dealer wanted $1200 for the job (parts/labor) so I called a local german parts dealer and bought a new Alt/Reg and new belts - they were in stock.
Total cost, $400 and about 2 hours of time (it is a tight lil bitch up front)

Needless to say, but the 2-4 week lee time to get an appt at the local dealer (San Diego BMW) and the rather humungous bill associated with putting on about 5 bolt on parts prompted me to do the job myself.
As a little treat, I got a new Optima battery for my trouble.
The exorbidant cost of a simple charging system repair made me realize the bills that little M3 would end up bringing me prompted me to get this vette.
The M3 was good, but just thinking about the repair bills worried me after the warranty was gone (for example. If your paddle shift goes bad = SMG failure -$6200 for diag/repair)
Now I have a warranty again, and as an added result, my new vette is just plain bad ***!
The dealer can't seem to get the financing straight to save their life, but that is a different story ...

Quick Reply: Good OLE GM SERVICE