C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone tagged my Corvette and F 150

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Camera is a must if you can't park nice vehicles inside. Don't harm him though even if you catch him in the act. A good lawyer would have you in jail, claiming you hurt him over a car.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
DocMorgan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buzerd
It should be legal to shoot someone for that, not necessarily in the face but maybe just the legs.
Step 1. - If you dont have a paintball gun, buy one.
Step 2. - Crank open the regulator so the gun shoots faster than regulation, but not so fast your ammo breaks when you shoot.
Step 3. - Practice "Gun Control". (make sure you can hit what you are aiming for)
Step 4. - Install a remote motion sensor where you park that has a silent alert inside your home. (if you can't skip to step 5)
Step 5. - pick a night after you get your baby back and wait. If you see someone snooping around your ride (especially one with a bag or a can of paint), AND VANDAL / VEHICLE IS ON YOUR PROPERTY, practice "Gun Control" on tresspasser. Make the first shot count and don't stop until they are black and blue (and whatever color of paint you are using).

IMPORTANT NOTE: this works well for vandals, looters, stray dogs and cats, as well as raccoons. Do not attempt to use with drug dealers and skunks as each carries arms you don't want to tangle with.

Step 6. - repeat, as they will attempt to do it again. have local law enforcement available and on notice. do not mention anything about paintball guns.

- Doc

Last edited by DocMorgan; 09-28-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:19 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMorgan
Step 2. - Crank open the regulator so the gun shoots faster than regulation, but not so fast your ammo breaks when you shoot.
Step 3. - Practice "Gun Control". (make sure you can hit what you are aiming for)
Step 4. - Install a remote motion sensor where you park that has a silent alert inside your home. (if you can't skip to step 5)
Step 5. - pick a night after you get your baby back and wait. If you see someone snooping around your ride (especially one with a bag or a can of paint), AND VANDAL / VEHICLE IS ON YOUR PROPERTY, practice "Gun Control" on tresspasser. Make the first shot count and don't stop until they are black and blue (and whatever color of paint you are using).

IMPORTANT NOTE: this works well for vandals, looters, stray dogs and cats, as well as raccoons. Do not attempt to use with drug dealers and skunks as each carries arms you don't want to tangle with.

Step 6. - repeat, as they will attempt to do it again. have local law enforcement available and on notice. do not mention anything about paintball guns.

- Doc
Step 7.- get sued by the vandal after you hit him in the eye with your modified paint ball gun, and he loses his eye.

Step 8.-Get yourself arrested for assault.

Step 9.-Lose your car, your truck, and your home as a result of the legal issues sure to follow.

Step 10.-Wait for the person who made the original step 1-6 suggestions to replace your losses after you lose your a$$ in court, and keep you out of jail when all of the above goes down.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:46 PM
DocMorgan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Step 7.- get sued by the vandal after you hit him in the eye with your modified paint ball gun, and he loses his eye.

Step 8.-Get yourself arrested for assault.

Step 9.-Lose your car, your truck, and your home as a result of the legal issues sure to follow.

Step 10.-Wait for the person who made the original step 1-6 suggestions to replace your losses after you lose your a$$ in court, and keep you out of jail when all of the above goes down.

Oh my Gosh ! No love... LoL

Seriously. If you can't catch the sarcasm in my 6 step plan (Which Quick Silver obviously didn't... I tried with the whole skunk and drug dealer note...), then I don't know what to say. Perhaps I should have posted a picture of a redneck, suggested a potato cannon and used the words "Hey Y'all! Watch this!!" in order for anyone to get the idea i was being sarcastic.

Anyway... I refuse to get into any argument regarding my post. The point I was attempting to make is... the original poster is going to have to do something in order to keep this from happening again, especially if the law enforcement that patrols his community refuses to get involved. If it's a camera, fine. If it's a proximity alarm on the car, fine. There are many solutions out there, varying in complexity and budget that would certainly serve the need. Only the poster will determine what his breakover point for ROI will be to protect his investment.

Quick Silver... I honestly don't know what to say.

- Doc
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Perhaps drag him inside your house...then shoot him...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 PM
DocMorgan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cclive
Perhaps drag him inside your house...then shoot him...
Be careful what you say... Quick Silver might suggest you front the money for all the legal fees involved with the court case, and the life insurance policy, and anything else that might have a remote possibility of being caused because of your suggestion.... perhaps even the move to a government run healthcare plan!

BTW... was that a sarcastic "drag him inside your house...then shoot him... " or were you seriously suggesting that?

Just figured I'd ask for everyones benefit.

- D
Old 09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
BowTieBlood
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really sorry to hear about that. I feel your pain as someone once threw a full can of paint at my '81. The can missed the car, but you could tell it hit the driving vehicle as the paint showed a scene of the can bouncing back at their car along with covering mine. I spent an entire Thanksgiving morning scrubbing her clean while my family was out of town. They better be glad they didn't come back by
Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Flat Broke
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
DO make a police report. It wil satisfy your insurance company, and allow future prosecution if the creeps get caught.

The old saying is "If you don't make the report, then it never happened."
Old 09-29-2009, 12:09 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Be careful what you say... Quick Silver might suggest you front the money for all the legal fees involved with the court case, and the life insurance policy, and anything else that might have a remote possibility of being caused because of your suggestion.... perhaps even the move to a government run healthcare plan!

BTW... was that a sarcastic "drag him inside your house...then shoot him... " or were you seriously suggesting that?

Just figured I'd ask for everyones benefit.

- D
Thats why the sarcastic at the end....
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Oh my Gosh ! No love... LoL

Seriously. If you can't catch the sarcasm in my 6 step plan (Which Quick Silver obviously didn't... I tried with the whole skunk and drug dealer note...), then I don't know what to say. Perhaps I should have posted a picture of a redneck, suggested a potato cannon and used the words "Hey Y'all! Watch this!!" in order for anyone to get the idea i was being sarcastic.

Anyway... I refuse to get into any argument regarding my post. The point I was attempting to make is... the original poster is going to have to do something in order to keep this from happening again,
Yeah, move to a better part of town. He apparently lives in a bad neighborhood if they are spray painting cars. Obviously where he lives, there are those who would continue with this sort of thing.

They graffiti his car AND his truck. Whats next??? His house???

...especially if the law enforcement that patrols his community refuses to get involved. If it's a camera, fine. If it's a proximity alarm on the car, fine. There are many solutions out there, varying in complexity and budget that would certainly serve the need. Only the poster will determine what his breakover point for ROI will be to protect his investment.

Quick Silver... I honestly don't know what to say.

- Doc
It looked like you were giving him advice to be taken seriously.

Especially when you told him right off the bat to buy a paintball gun if he didn't have one already:

Paintball gun is generally thought of as a non lethal weapon. Many citizens erroneously think that using non lethal weapons, pepper spray, paintball guns, pellet guns, BB guns, "TASERS", Stun Guns outside of in self defense, won't get them into serious legal trouble. They most certainly can.

"Step 1. - If you dont have a paintball gun, buy one."

And then proceeded to give him instructions on how to alter it to make it more effective.

"Step 2. - Crank open the regulator so the gun shoots faster than regulation, but not so fast your ammo breaks when you shoot."

And then there is the rest of your advice to him.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 09-29-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:20 AM
dumpster
Instructor

Originally Posted by snow
buff as soon as you can...

then get camera

then shoot the ***** when he comes back...
I agree with the buffing and camera set up. As for shooting the culprit, IMO that would be "overkill" pun intended. Shoot him good with the camera and you have a whole list of options on how to deal with it.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cclive
Thats why the sarcastic at the end....
Which he left off.

- Doc
"Drug dealers and skunks" don't try this. But "vandals" yeah, OK.

And then when called on this advice:

"Well, I was just playin'."

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 09-29-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Gromit3860
Intermediate

Another camera option is one of the motion detector activated, IR capable "game cameras". Hunters use them to ID game trails. No flash so the intruder does not know he's been photographed. Best option is a noisy alarm, though, same technology motion detection to prevent vandalism in the first place.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Klaus-96
2019 Z06 2LZ A8 Coupe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Fence, gate, BIG dog.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 AM
dumpster
Instructor

Another option to camcorder. Install motion activated floodlights and then, from one or 2 different angles, motion activated camera's like the deer hunter's use at their deer feeder's. These camera's take real clear pics and with the flood lights coming on, he might not notice the flash from the camera's and destroy them.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:16 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Dirt Bags. File the report.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 AM
DocMorgan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06

And then when called on this advice:
So... now if I tell you to go jump off a bridge... and I ain't using some stupid smiley... do you think I am trying to telling you (choose one... of the two)

1. that you need to go jump off a bridge? (Because at this point, even after I tell you exactly what I meant regarding the post, you are still making a huge deal out of a post... still trying to throw me under a bus, and still generally acting like a pompous @$$)

or

2. you are taking this a bit far simply because I didn't use some stupid smiley. (because the world revolves around the use of smileys on the internet in order to put everything into context. God forbid that I don't use a smiley)

God, I hope you don't treat everyone you know like this... especially any newb to the board. They might get the idea that you can't drop something like this and pigeon hole everyone that has owned a vette (or in your case multiples) to have your attitude and demeanor. (that was a direct shot) Granted I don't know you, and you've certainly been on here long enough to make friends according to your profile... but regardless of what anyone says about you in defense of your demeanor... immediately flaming someone doesn't make a good first impression.

I'm done with this crap, and you. Now, go throw me under the bus since you ain't got anything better to do, I ain't gonna bother with your further comments at this point.

-d

Get notified of new replies

To Someone tagged my Corvette and F 150

Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 AM
teking
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quicksilver needs to chill.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 AM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by teking
Quicksilver needs to chill.
As usual!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

So... now if I tell you to go jump off a bridge... and I ain't using some stupid smiley... do you think I am trying to telling you (choose one... of the two)

1. that you need to go jump off a bridge? (Because at this point, even after I tell you exactly what I meant regarding the post, you are still making a huge deal out of a post... still trying to throw me under a bus, and still generally acting like a pompous @$$)

or

2. you are taking this a bit far simply because I didn't use some stupid smiley. (because the world revolves around the use of smileys on the internet in order to put everything into context. God forbid that I don't use a smiley)

God, I hope you don't treat everyone you know like this... especially any newb to the board. They might get the idea that you can't drop something like this and pigeon hole everyone that has owned a vette (or in your case multiples) to have your attitude and demeanor. (that was a direct shot) Granted I don't know you, and you've certainly been on here long enough to make friends according to your profile... but regardless of what anyone says about you in defense of your demeanor... immediately flaming someone doesn't make a good first impression.

I'm done with this crap, and you. Now, go throw me under the bus since you ain't got anything better to do, I ain't gonna bother with your further comments at this point.

-d
You give someone in here instructions on how to alter a paintball gun and then tell them to shoot a vandal with it?????? And then tell them to hide that fact from the cops???

Anyone giving "advice" like that,... "advice" which could land someone in court or jail, well to me, that makes them sound like a plain a$$.

That was terrible "advice" to give and irresponsible and you should have made it unmistakably clear that it was in jest.....thats IF it was in jest.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 09-29-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Someone tagged my Corvette and F 150