C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM
fade94
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions needed

If that title doesn't get attention, I don't know what will

I am trying to decide which way to go with my current situation. I recently (still waiting for the title from the state) bought a 2006 Z51 LMB MT6 car.

LOVE the car! However, it's not "my" car. The car is a bit of a celebrity since it was owned by an LG employee. The car is in the catalog and on the website. I have been asked more times than I can count "is that the catalog car?" and "that looks JUST LIKE Anthony's car". I have thought about changing the wheels, but the car looks killer as is.
I have come up with a short list of options.
1) Keep the car and add Z06 fenders and have the rear wheel lips changed to wider size to allow for the bigger tires. Not sure if this will change the look enough to matter.
2) Keep the car and add Z06 fenders and replace lips with polished lips and wider tires.
3) Sell the car and buy a different car and make it my own.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 567 Likes on 345 Posts

Fade,

first of all congrats on the "new" ride. this car looks very unique and HOT . personally i would not change it's looks. you don't see many LMB cars and the wheel/brake combo finish it off, IMHO. why mess with a good thing???? ENJOY IT, it IS "your own"!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
Fade,

first of all congrats on the "new" ride. this car looks very unique and HOT . personally i would not change it's looks. you don't see many LMB cars and the wheel/brake combo finish it off, IMHO. why mess with a good thing???? ENJOY IT, it IS "your own"!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
ChopShop1
Racer

I think the car looks great, but can simpathize with the "make it your own" idea. If you bought that car because the way it looked was what you would have done yourself, then leave it. I would add the widebody conv. and be done.(but I would add that to any c6, I think it looks great. Your car looks awesome, and as long as you like it Don't get too caught up. I can tell you from exp, cause I tend to do that and you don;t ever end up happy. Enjoy the car
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 162 Likes on 87 Posts

I love the way the car looks...True, the widebody always looks good, but that is a lot of money to put into a car that you will never get back! You need to weigh the cost factor with the enjoyment factor! Personally, I would keep it like it is or sell it and buy a Z06!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey if you bought it it's your car...leave it 'as-is' or change it however you like.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

It's your car now !!!! Do what you want. It looks great as it is but it's your call.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

An alternative to changing the car is to move to where no one knows (or cares) what LG is or who Anthony is.

Seriously, though, to the average person a Vette is a Vette, and short of changing the color, nothing you do to the car will even be noticed by those that already recognize it. I would just leave it as it is and let people forget about its history.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 AM
fade94
Racer

Thanks for the fast responses.
My original plan was to put Z06 fenders and widest wheel/tire that will fit and increase the HP. Currently has 400 rwhp/405 rwtq. Still trying to decide between a SC and head-cam package.
I did buy it because it already had everything done that I would have done with the exception of the HP and susp set up. I will be going coilover all the way around once I have the HP, fenders and wheels addressed.
Also going to be adding the full width spoiler to the rear. I removed the LG decals from the rear window and that should help a little.
HP increase will wait a while. I'm still getting used to driving this beast with the current HP level. My DD up until getting the Vette' consisted of alternating weeks in my 01 Dodge diesel 4x4 and a 98 Honda Prelude! I have had powerful cars before in the way of 69 Camaros but this is my first Corvette, WOW!!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:39 AM
WishboneZ51
Instructor

I am sorry that you are struggling with the facts of the car representing you. But you did purchase the car and it is yours. Also, people have been purchasing cars built with certain style for many years for the reason of their unique style and artistic ideas built into the car like FOOSE and CALLAWAY cars. I say you enjoy the car and if you want to add stuff to it go for it.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
brian90505
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's something I would have considered before buying it. Now that you have it, just drive it.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
fade94
Racer

Originally Posted by brian90505
That's something I would have considered before buying it. Now that you have it, just drive it.
I didn't know just how many people knew the car before buying it. It's not going to be an issue when I make my subtle changes to it.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
brian90505
Drifting

Originally Posted by fade94
I didn't know just how many people knew the car before buying it. It's not going to be an issue when I make my subtle changes to it.
Oh, well in your OP, you're considering selling the car because of this (option #3) so I thought it was an issue.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 AM
fade94
Racer

Originally Posted by brian90505
Oh, well in your OP, you're considering selling the car because of this (option #3) so I thought it was an issue.
It is an issue, but after rolling it over and reading the responses I will put the cash it would take to get into a Z06 into mods to this car.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 AM
brian90505
Drifting

Good choice! And BTW, congrats on the new car.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 AM
fade94
Racer

JUST got off the phone with LG Motorsports. Dropping off the car next Wednesday for a cam/head package. Going with AFR 205 heads, LG G5X3 '114' lobe cam and ARP hardware. I already have the mods in my sig. Should be a hoot to drive. I know, I was going to wait, but what better time than now to increase HP??
Next up, getting wheels modified and new meats for the back. Once that's done, have the Z06 fenders put on.
Before you ask, I have the stock wheels to put on until the fenders are on, give me SOME credit.
Even I wouldn't run around with stock C6 wheels with Z06 fenders
The car will go from what it looks like now, to stock wheels to Z06 fenders and modified Forgelines that are on it now.
The neighbors aren't going to know what to think.
Only thing left after that is the GM spoiler and coil over shocks.
Then its stereo system upgrades time!!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
Fade,

X2

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions needed

Quick Reply: Opinions needed