C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important GM Parts House Ordering Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Default Important GM Parts House Ordering Information

Lankford Pontiac Buick GMC has been the supporting dealer behind GM Parts House for almost 3 years. In May, Lankford was dealt a wind down letter and was notified by General Motors that they would lose their franchise after 53 years of being in the family.

Within the last few years Lankford had done everything GM had asked them to do. They relocated the business, designed the building according to the way GM wanted it done, and built a multi-million dollar facility as asked by the General on the lot picked by the General.

After doing all of that, they are losing the franchise. Since Pontiac will be gone at the end of 2010 and due to the fact that there is a Cadillac and Hummer and another Chevrolet dealership within only a 5 mile or so radius, they were the easy target.

Lankford went through the appeal process and was being reconsidered by GM. Then GM went into bankruptcy and when they came out of bankruptcy it was a different story. The Lankford’s still couldn’t get any straight answers, but at the same time there was nothing other than the letter that they had received to wind down. Part of going forward with the new GM the Lankford’s had to sign a new contract and agree to wind down by the end of 2010. GM also put a spin on it and figured out how to kill the dealers off early. They took away the ability to order cars. Since a new multi-million dollar facility was built, we would obviously need new cars to survive. The Lankford’s decided that we shouldn’t delay what was coming and take their pay-off early so everyone could start new. Lankford would like to close at the end of September.

GM Parts House is owned by me so that isn’t the end of my business. I currently have several offers to move my business to another place of business. When something like this happens, it is a good time to make some changes so I will take advantage of this and speak with each of them and decide where the best home is for my customers.

As of today, 9/11, I will stop orders from being taken on the site so that I may take care of all of the customers who’ve ordered from me up to this point and not leave anyone hanging until I reopen. The Lankford’s and I are people with morals and we agree that we will fulfill our obligations with our customers together and then we’ll go our separate ways.

So to cut to the chase, I’ve stopped taking orders today. You can call me next week for things that I have in inventory as we are going to get rid of the inventory at this establishment. I can still order parts, but choose not to so that I can take care of every order I’ve taken. Call it a buffer, if you will.

Within the next week I should know the new place that GM Parts House will be operating from and I will have to concentrate on setting up shop at that location. I look forward to taking more orders on October 1st and I will more than likely be doing pre-orders before then, with extra discounts.

Please, if we have unfinished business currently, I’d like to wrap it up and make sure that no stone is unturned and that every customer is taken care of properly. Of course, if there are any issues that come up while we’re on hiatus, I will take care of them when GM Parts House reopens.

So, if I haven’t been myself lately, or I haven’t been getting back to you as fast as normal, replying to emails as fast as normal, returning phone calls fast enough, you can see why. Please contact me if you need me for anything.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

Best of Luck Gene. Good folks like you will always find a way to come out on top so keep the faith. Look forward to your "Back in Business" sign being posted here on the CF.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 PM
09C6Coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Gene! You have taken care of me well all the way back to March 2005 when I bought my '05 GTO (Owe5goat on Ls1GTO.com) and recently when I got my Vette.

Hope to see you back online soon!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I ordered my splash guards yesterday, lol.

Best of luck to you in the future, Shawn
Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All the very best to you Gene. You have been very helpful to me over the last few years and your service has always been First Rate! Looking forward to those "extra discounts" you spoke about when you get moved to your new location!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08
All the very best to you Gene. You have been very helpful to me over the last few years and your service has always been First Rate!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
z06tx
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Good luck Gene! Please let us know when you're back in business! //art
Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

This forum has outstanding support. The forum has never let me down.

Towards the end of September the extra discounts will roll out.

I forgot to mention I will also have some inventory reduction deals as well.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Heber Guy
Advanced

Gene,
Thanks for taking my PAL order today. It must have been a stressful day for you.
Regards,
Al
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Gene Culley

Towards the end of September the extra discounts will roll out.

I forgot to mention I will also have some inventory reduction deals as well.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
PeterSG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20

Gene,

Thanks for your recent excellent service.

I hope you survive well.

Let us know when you are comfortably established in your new situation. You will continue to be my first choice source.

Peter

PS -- Our good ol' USA will be reborn someday.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Gene, thanks for the great service, excellent prices and personal attention you have given me in the past.

Best of Luck with your next endeavor and I look forward to again seeing your Monthly Specials and helpful offers on this Forum.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Rule292
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

That sucks big time!

Every time I go to the HD there on AW road I look up at you guys and think of my LS9 crate motor sitting up there someday.

Please let us know where you go!

Edit - Perhaps the Mods can make your thread a sticky?

Originally Posted by Gene Culley
Lankford Pontiac Buick GMC has been the supporting dealer behind GM Parts House for almost 3 years. In May, Lankford was dealt a wind down letter and was notified by General Motors that they would lose their franchise after 53 years of being in the family.

Within the last few years Lankford had done everything GM had asked them to do. They relocated the business, designed the building according to the way GM wanted it done, and built a multi-million dollar facility as asked by the General on the lot picked by the General.

After doing all of that, they are losing the franchise. Since Pontiac will be gone at the end of 2010 and due to the fact that there is a Cadillac and Hummer and another Chevrolet dealership within only a 5 mile or so radius, they were the easy target.

Lankford went through the appeal process and was being reconsidered by GM. Then GM went into bankruptcy and when they came out of bankruptcy it was a different story. The Lankford’s still couldn’t get any straight answers, but at the same time there was nothing other than the letter that they had received to wind down. Part of going forward with the new GM the Lankford’s had to sign a new contract and agree to wind down by the end of 2010. GM also put a spin on it and figured out how to kill the dealers off early. They took away the ability to order cars. Since a new multi-million dollar facility was built, we would obviously need new cars to survive. The Lankford’s decided that we shouldn’t delay what was coming and take their pay-off early so everyone could start new. Lankford would like to close at the end of September.

GM Parts House is owned by me so that isn’t the end of my business. I currently have several offers to move my business to another place of business. When something like this happens, it is a good time to make some changes so I will take advantage of this and speak with each of them and decide where the best home is for my customers.

As of today, 9/11, I will stop orders from being taken on the site so that I may take care of all of the customers who’ve ordered from me up to this point and not leave anyone hanging until I reopen. The Lankford’s and I are people with morals and we agree that we will fulfill our obligations with our customers together and then we’ll go our separate ways.

So to cut to the chase, I’ve stopped taking orders today. You can call me next week for things that I have in inventory as we are going to get rid of the inventory at this establishment. I can still order parts, but choose not to so that I can take care of every order I’ve taken. Call it a buffer, if you will.

Within the next week I should know the new place that GM Parts House will be operating from and I will have to concentrate on setting up shop at that location. I look forward to taking more orders on October 1st and I will more than likely be doing pre-orders before then, with extra discounts.

Please, if we have unfinished business currently, I’d like to wrap it up and make sure that no stone is unturned and that every customer is taken care of properly. Of course, if there are any issues that come up while we’re on hiatus, I will take care of them when GM Parts House reopens.

So, if I haven’t been myself lately, or I haven’t been getting back to you as fast as normal, replying to emails as fast as normal, returning phone calls fast enough, you can see why. Please contact me if you need me for anything.

Last edited by Rule292; 09-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Thanks Gene for the heads up. You have been an outstanding vendor here. Best wishes on the new "house" and the on the restart..
Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Best wishes Gene. May this bring about new, unforseen opportunities for you.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by nwc6
Thanks Gene for the heads up. You have been an outstanding vendor here. Best wishes on the new "house" and the on the restart..
Hope to see you back up and running smoothly soon.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
NVR LAT
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Best of luck Gene. I hope you're back up and running soon, you have ALWAYS been a great vendor to deal with and have always offered great customer service! It's too bad for Lankford...these are tough times, and it seems that a lot of "the good guys" are taking the hit for nothing more than "political reasons". I hope your transition goes as smooth as possible.

Get notified of new replies

To Important GM Parts House Ordering Information

Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default Change of location

Gene--I know Mark and Suzie Lankford, and Al in the past. They truly are great folks and your facility was nice for display of cars. Please pass a word of thanx to Joe in the Service Dept. All of you there have been great and I hope the new facility will allow you enough space to do what you do, because you folks do it so well. I'll look forward to more business with you in your new HQ. Keep the faith! Ray
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM
quantum-theory
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You even called me back today - Wow. I'll enjoy your call even more when I know that you are settled.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Dvlray6
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Good luck Gene. Let me know when things are back to normal. You have done an outstanding job serving your customers and I've no doubt that you will again.

Quick Reply: Important GM Parts House Ordering Information