C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blockit from TKO Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:13 AM
C607RF
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blockit from TKO Performance

I received the BLOCKIT from TKO
Performance just in time for
me to test it on a run
to NCM. Install was a snap.
Good product, promptly shipped,

The noise difference is very
noticeable and makes the Bose sound
better. I am very happy with this
purchase.."

Rich, Cinn. OHIO
Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Welcome Rich, so what is it?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 AM
C607RF
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MAJ Z06
Welcome Rich, so what is it?
Blockit helps remove irritating interior cabin noise caused by exhaust systems and exterior tire noise without tearing up your carpet and pulling out your interior!

Just lay the precision pre cut BLOCKIT down over your existing carpet! The tough UV protected perforated vinyl top layer looks great and allows you to still use your cargo area! Installs in seconds.

BLOCKIT is a unique multi layered combination of acoustical soundproofing. It absorbs and suppresses unpleasant sounds. This makes our drop in system extremely easy & effective. So effective we filed for a Patent!

Perfect for taking the annoying edge off exterior tire noise, stock and aftermarket exhausts. Yet it will NOT smother your great exhaust sound. Lets the sweet roar come through!

Consists of (3) Acoustic deadening panels(1 Cargo, 1 for behind each seat). Add a cargo carpet mat for more noise reduction!

________________________________________ ___

* Just lay it down over your carpet! Installs in seconds!
* UV Protected Perforated Vinyl top looks great and allows you to still use your cargo area!
* Precision cut to fit perfect into your Corvette!
* Does NOT smother the sweet sound of your exhaust!
* Great for taking the edge off cabin noise caused by exhaust systems and exterior tire noise without tearing up your carpet
* Fits with & under most cargo accessories!
* Add a cargo carpet for more reduction!

Patent Pending USPTO#61203263. Made in the USA!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 AM
John_Syb
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C607RF
Blockit helps remove irritating interior cabin noise caused by exhaust systems and exterior tire noise without tearing up your carpet and pulling out your interior!

Just lay the precision pre cut BLOCKIT down over your existing carpet! The tough UV protected perforated vinyl top layer looks great and allows you to still use your cargo area! Installs in seconds.

BLOCKIT is a unique multi layered combination of acoustical soundproofing. It absorbs and suppresses unpleasant sounds. This makes our drop in system extremely easy & effective. So effective we filed for a Patent!

Perfect for taking the annoying edge off exterior tire noise, stock and aftermarket exhausts. Yet it will NOT smother your great exhaust sound. Lets the sweet roar come through!

Consists of (3) Acoustic deadening panels(1 Cargo, 1 for behind each seat). Add a cargo carpet mat for more noise reduction!

________________________________________ ___

* Just lay it down over your carpet! Installs in seconds!
* UV Protected Perforated Vinyl top looks great and allows you to still use your cargo area!
* Precision cut to fit perfect into your Corvette!
* Does NOT smother the sweet sound of your exhaust!
* Great for taking the edge off cabin noise caused by exhaust systems and exterior tire noise without tearing up your carpet
* Fits with & under most cargo accessories!
* Add a cargo carpet for more reduction!

Patent Pending USPTO#61203263. Made in the USA!
My exhaust sound isn't irritating... in fact.. it is PURE MUSIC to my ears!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
C607RF
3rd Gear

this makes it sound better.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

me to test it on a run

purchase.."

Rich, Cinn. OHIO
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
diverdan
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

I got mine a few days ago and am happy with it. There is a definite reduction in road noise (particularly from the rear tires) which is what I want to reduce, not the exhaust.

I'm also going to do the madvette insulation kit along with some dynamat. I'll be curious to see if I can make the Blockit pads fit under the carpet, rather than over it.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

My 06 C6 coupe has the Corsa sport exhaust & had dynamat installed when it was at LPE for a supercharger install. I have a Grand Sport on order to replace my 08Z, & got the blockit mat & inserts that fit behind the front seats for the Grand Sport. While waiting for it to arrive, I installed it in my C6. I have an LPE trunk mat that the Blockit fits perfectly under. The blockit package further reduced the interior noise. Great product & when my Grand Sport arrives I'll be ordering another one to replace the one that is now in my C6.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Altc
Racer

I talked to the owner of Blockit a few months back great guy. Bottom line you have to tear apart you car to put in the isulation kits a real pain. With Blockit you get the same noise reduction in a 1 minute install. I am going to order front and rear mats along with Blockit he says it will reduce the noise even more.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:26 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Altc
I talked to the owner of Blockit a few months back great guy. Bottom line you have to tear apart you car to put in the isulation kits a real pain. With Blockit you get the same noise reduction in a 1 minute install. I am going to order front and rear mats along with Blockit he says it will reduce the noise even more.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Only issue is that I will need to still do something about the center console heat.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:29 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any pics?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:53 PM
car2fast4you
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 283 Posts

Does it reduce exhaust drone (annoying interior resonance) at all?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 PM
LAWLESS
Instructor

Originally Posted by j_digi454
I'm thinking along the same lines. Only issue is that I will need to still do something about the center console heat.
I CANT STAND THE CENTER CONSOLE HEAT
Old 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
diverdan
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

You are going to have to get under your console to insulate it, unfortunately. The only other alternative is a tunnel plate upgrade that goes under the car between the exhaust pipes and center tunnel: The exhaust system (Between the cats and rear wheels) has to come out to install it.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

me to test it on a run

purchase.."

Rich, Cinn. OHIO
Awesome! Glad you happy with it. Thank you for the post!

Originally Posted by Dif
Thank you Dif

Originally Posted by diverdan
I got mine a few days ago and am happy with it. There is a definite reduction in road noise (particularly from the rear tires) which is what I want to reduce, not the exhaust.

I'll be curious to see if I can make the Blockit pads fit under the carpet, rather than over it.
Great! Yes, we get more and more emails & posts that people get this system for the tire noise too. Does a nice job squelching that out.
I have heard of some putting it under the carpet (was told this at Carlisle..) So it might just work

Originally Posted by musclecar6
My 06 C6 coupe has the Corsa sport exhaust & had dynamat installed when it was at LPE for a supercharger install. I have a Grand Sport on order to replace my 08Z, & got the blockit mat & inserts that fit behind the front seats for the Grand Sport. While waiting for it to arrive, I installed it in my C6. I have an LPE trunk mat that the Blockit fits perfectly under. The blockit package further reduced the interior noise. Great product & when my Grand Sport arrives I'll be ordering another one to replace the one that is now in my C6.
Fantastic! Real glad you like the system. BTW, congrats on the ride!

Originally Posted by Altc
First, thank you
Yea I came up with the idea because I did not want to tear up/out my interior. To big of a job. To much money too. PLUS by insulating the whole car, I was afraid it would be as quiet as a Cadillac..
This system takes the edge off while lettering your exhaust note still come through.
When your ready, come on down and we will hook you up.

Originally Posted by danl72
Any pics?
It has a real nice perforated top. Most of the people who checked it out when it was on display at carlisle said, "looks much better in person"
There is also a panel that goes behind each seat (not shown here)

Read about it- http://tkoperformance.com/blockit.html
From our site- http://store.tkoperformance.com/acousticsystem.html

Originally Posted by car2fast4you

Does it reduce exhaust drone (annoying interior resonance) at all?
Sure does. Droning is a tough frequency to completely eliminate. However this drop in system no doubt takes the edge off. I notice the difference and I have stepped headers and loudmouth II's !

We also get asked questions about if the Blockit would help with heat reduction. We actually found that the system is considered an R2 rating (which is the equivalent to the insulation foam used in walls)
So it will help some

Glad you guys like our product. We appreciate the positive comments and the time you took to post em. Contact us with any question you might have.

Take it ease
Ed
Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Firstvetteforme
Instructor

I am interested in this product. I am also wondering if it reduces low RPM drone from aftermarket exhausts.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Firstvetteforme
I am interested in this product. I am also wondering if it reduces low RPM drone from aftermarket exhausts.
Yes, it helps rid the cabin of annoying tire/road & and exhaust drone noise.
As I mentioned, droning is a tough frequency to completely eliminate. However this drop in system no doubt takes the edge off.

Add a lloyd cargo mat on top of it and it helps even more!

Thanks

Serving The Corvette Forum For 21 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633

Get notified of new replies

To Blockit from TKO Performance

Old 09-05-2009, 08:57 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

I may buy this product in the future. I put in an insulation kit in my coupe and it has helped a lot, except with tire roar from the OEM GYs. It actually made it easier to hear the front tire noise which I think this product would do also. I'm going to wait until I put on the Michelins as I think that will make a difference. I have no problem with console heat now and the install was moderately easy. A friend did the tunnel plate install and there wasn't a big difference according to him. Insulation kit is cheaper also.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:35 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
I may buy this product in the future. I put in an insulation kit in my coupe and it has helped a lot, except with tire roar from the OEM GYs. It actually made it easier to hear the front tire noise which I think this product would do also. I'm going to wait until I put on the Michelins as I think that will make a difference. I have no problem with console heat now and the install was moderately easy. A friend did the tunnel plate install and there wasn't a big difference according to him. Insulation kit is cheaper also.
Michelins will be less noisy. If you still need something to tame to the noise our BLOCKIT suppresses and absorbs so it will help. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

I looked at this product at Carlisle. Very nice and I was ready to buy...unitil I asked the price

Quick Reply: Blockit from TKO Performance