Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Bob1970

Default How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit?

How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit? Only 1/4 inch long but maybe 1/32nd deep!
I thought I was under fire, the report was incredible. If the wife didn't have the window closed while on the freeway she would have been hurt!
Bob1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
MNVette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1970 View Post
How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit? Only 1/4 inch long but maybe 1/32nd deep!
I thought I was under fire, the report was incredible. If the wife didn't have the window closed while on the freeway she would have been hurt!
You don't, short of either taking the car to a body shop to replace the glass. If you have full coverage w/ glass coverage, take it in to be replaced. Hopefully, you'll have a $0 deductible.
MNVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
CQRT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Rolland Trayte
Send a message via AIM to CQRT

There are some pummice stones and grinders you can use along with a polishing compound to get out light scratches - - but I'm not sure about something that deep. I'm amazed frankly, that it didn't fracture!

Side glass is pretty available from auto recyclers . . .you might want to consider replacing it if your insurance company won't cover it.
CQRT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Depending upon where your from it may be different, but here in FL most insurance companies take care of a full windshield replacement free of charge. They even have companies that will come out to your house and replace your entire windshield for free. But again, depending upon what state your in....
TBonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit?

Tags
car, deep, fix, hit, repair, rock, scrach, scratch, scratches, side, stractch, window