C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 PM
mbonness
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if Radio Shack still carries these but I bought a Kronus portable air compressor from them a while ago for about $10. Plugs into the cigarette lighter and makes quite a racket but seems to do the job.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by cclive
This is very interesting and certainly not what we have thought. They seem to be very clear that the stuff is not a problem for TPMS sensors as long as they are cleaned. Nice find Bill!

I'll stick with what the General says for now (under warranty). Page 5-70 of the 08 owners manual (that book that lurks in the glove box).

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Griot's garage unit is a very nice unit and well worth the money. It's also marketed as a Viair 70P. I have the larger Viair 90P that draws more juice and clamp's directly to the battery. I'm suprised how quiet this thing run's and doesn't move around a bit. Plenty of CFM to fill a tire in a hurry(check Viair's website for specs). Petty sure Pep Boy's carries some comparable larger unit's. Also have a Patch Boy vucanizing plug kit. Sometimes run non run flats, so don't want to be messing around on the side of the road for long.

Quick Reply: Tire Pump