C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Recall - Who Has Had Dealer Fix It?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Two007
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat Recall - Who Has Had Dealer Fix It?

I have read all the threads. Even posted one myself when I thought I had found the "magic fix" to the seat recall problem. I have no battery tender, and I have tried every one of the suggested fixes. EVERY one of them. I was a certified mechanic for a lot of years. Bottom line, the C6 has a seat memory recall problem. It is not owner error. Especially when it works for a couple of years, then starts acting erratically. One driver, one fob. Other fob has been in my safe for the last two years.

So....anyone had a dealer that actually fixed it? If so, would you be willing to give me name and address of dealer, or service rep so that I can have my dealer call yours? You can send me a private email if you dont want to post here.

The seat recall should work. We paid good money for this car.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted on this last week. For me, the fix was to replace the seat memory module. It is attached to the bottom side of the driver's seat bottom cushion.

Memory seat has operated perfect since the replacement. After the replacement, I had to program the steering column using the Tech 2.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
cajun man 08
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my 09 at the dealer last week for same problem.Dealer could not reproduced ,said battery cables were corroded.Cables are on national backorder dealer replaced the battery ordered new cables.Will post when fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Recall - Who Has Had Dealer Fix It?

Quick Reply: Seat Recall - Who Has Had Dealer Fix It?