C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette hater run in

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:24 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,934 Likes on 4,814 Posts

Another thought is you said there were a ton of empty spots by the entrance and the lot was half empty. If that was the case then why did you take up two spots?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

As others are saying, parking your car and taking up more than one space regardless of how many spots are available only draws unwanted attention to your car. Take the note as a huge warning and be glad some idiot did not key your car.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:41 PM
jerseyz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know what planet you come from but i really see no comparison between leaving a note and vandalising a car. does that mean your car gets vandalized when you get a parking ticket? i think the guy who left the note did it in the most considerate inoffensive way. i mean he could have scratched it in the paint or broken a window or flattened a tire to make his point. so the vette owner was lucky he did something blatantly stupid and inconsiderate and got called on it doesn't matter if he parked a vette a viper or a cobalt in 2 spaces he's allowed 1 and if he can't manage to squeeze into 1 spot he shouldn't be driving
Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,125 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Originally Posted by lstorm2003
its not selfish or rude to take 2 spots in a half empty lot... The point is that a lot of ppl don't give a #$%& and will scratch or ding your car getting in and out of theirs. ...
I absolutely disagree. It most certainly is selfish to take 2 spots regardless of how full or empty the lot is. Sounds like you are a believer in situational ethics. Doing so clearly communicates to others that you believe you are better than the others and that somehow the rules do not apply to you.

I agree with you that many people don't "give a #$%&" and are careless when exiting/entering their vehicles. However, as the old saying goes, two wrongs do not make a right.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Tim
As others are saying, parking your car and taking up more than one space regardless of how many spots are available only draws unwanted attention to your car. Take the note as a huge warning and be glad some idiot did not key your car.
Good point,

Take your second low profile car or truck or jeep if you drive around and park in the hood.

I live in a resort town very low population. ( no brag ) I park with the top down anywhere with no problems. I would never do this in the city with lots of punks that are PO'd because I have a vette.
Be Streetwise dude.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a sad fact - taking up more than 1 parking space is an open invitation for some idiot to mess with your car.

But if you do park it that way one thing that helps is to spread some empty shell casing around it. They may get the message
Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
OkieEngr
Advanced

I take the two worst parking spots at the office everyday. Everyone knows who's car it is, which is a good thing because I don't have a problem with anyone. It's funny though how many jokes I get about "did you hear about the black vette getting backed into?" to get a rise out of me.

I don't take two spots outside of work.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Markss
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Could have been an employee of the resturant. Taking a break standing outside of the back door saw the situation and did something about it. Possible?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,468 Likes on 790 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I always try to find an end spot and park as close to the edge as possible. I do this with my DD as well. There used to be a time when the nicer cars could get away with taking up two spaces if parked way out. Those days are gone. Even when you park in a sane manner there will always be some lowlife around to mess with your car. Be glad it was just a "nastygram" on a napkin.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:32 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYC6
For me the type of car has nothing to do with it. I own a C6 and it pisses me off to see a Vette taking two spots. Its a matter of principle. It makes Vette owners( other cars also obviously) look like eliteist and better than others. Its selfish and rude and thats one reason why some stereotype Vette owners. Leaving a note is just a reminder that you did wrong and should be told so. Its not a tough guy act, its a reminder to the selfish that its not their personal world. And a hell of alot nicer way of conveying displeasure than a loogie or a scratch. Safe parking is one thing and we all try to do it but thats just begging for trouble and increases the odds of damage.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:41 PM
bksnoopy
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always take up at least 3 spaces...... Just kidding!

I always take up one space. I try to park in an end spot or away from others. If possible, I like to have viewing access from inside the restaurant. Sounds a little screwy but I do the same with my wife's Jeep. We always seem to replace our cars with little door dings or scratches.

what can I do with myself, I need therapy.

Ben, OH
Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Shaummy
Advanced

MAN! I don't know if it's just where you guys live or what but the attitudes about taking more than one spot out in BFE really surprises me!

I occasionally take more than one spot with all my cars, but it's about as far away from the front door as possible, so who really cares if there are 50 other parking places?

Maybe living out in the suburbs nobody takes it that seriously as if I was in downtown Chicago.

Ah well, I guess you'll be hating me if you are ever around here
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,592 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Originally Posted by firecop90conv
A couple of weeks ago, I parked in the north 40, all alone, no car within 30 feet of mine, plenty of parking spaces, took up one spot, and when I came out, a Blazer was parked within 6 inches of my passenger side mirror. A big scratch down the side of my car. Still plenty of parking places. Next time, I'm going to park sideways and take up 5 spaces.
I would have waited for the Blazer driver if it took all night!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can understand that plenty more could have been done that would have been worse but I see no need to defend the douche that went out of his/her way to leave a note f-ing mothering the OP about parking. Let people live their damn lives, parking 2 spaces in a half empty lot is not unreasonable at all. I don't do it myself but I see no reason to harp on others that do. I've had it with a-hole americans(I am american but generalizing) and their thinking that they can tell everyone else what they can and cannot do. What are we all taking notes from the government now? Do we all know what is best for everybody else? I guess so. Whenever the handbook for how I should live and park comes out please reserve me a copy.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:52 PM
abda53
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lstorm2003
its not selfish or rude to take 2 spots in a half empty lot...
Tell me, how do you know that the lot won't fill up and that extra spot you stole won't be needed? And, if your ability to see into the future is so accurate, you'll also be able to foresee when some "vandal" is going to leave a note like this on your car.

I agree with those who said this is not a case of Corvette hate, it's a case of lot-hog hate. Park your car in one space and one space only, no matter how empty you think the lot is. Anything else is asking for trouble.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
PeterSG
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20

Originally Posted by batmoble
What I hate more than someone taking two parking spots is someone that won't mind they're own damn business. Who made that guy the parking police, anyways. He wasn't hurting anything by taking up 2 spaces at the end of the lot where no one else was parked. He wasn't affected by it in the least. He just felt like pissing someone off. Anyone who acts like that is an @sshole.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Neumonic2002
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by BillH2121
^^^^ Gotta agree - the guy wasn't nessecarily a "vette hater," he sounds like a guy who hates people taking up two parking spaces, regardless of what car it is. I don't really like the idea of taking two spaces either, but I am more tolerant of it when someone parks way in the back of the lot like you did and no other cars really need the spaces. Glad things turned out ok for you though.

At my office we have people who park like sh_t and have had several vehicles backed into, damaged etc. we do not fill the parking lot at our building not even close, I park my car right outside my office window where there are something like 40 spots with maybe 10 taken on a given day and occasionally I do not park perfectly in my spot on purpose as one of the people that works with me has a C5 and we park near each other in hopes that people will not park next to our cars.

I looked out the window the other day and someone parked about 6 inches from my drivers door....luckily it was one of my co-workers, they all got a big laugh out of it.. This is a good lesson but people shouldn't get to hacked off either way. If I see someone park a car 30 yards from all the other cars in the parking lot WHO CARES! If spaces are a premium, totally different story!

Last edited by Neumonic2002; 07-27-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette hater run in

Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM
JDB2006BlkC6Z51
Pro

Originally Posted by NYC6
For me the type of car has nothing to do with it. I own a C6 and it pisses me off to see a Vette taking two spots. Its a matter of principle. It makes Vette owners( other cars also obviously) look like eliteist and better than others. Its selfish and rude and thats one reason why some stereotype Vette owners. Leaving a note is just a reminder that you did wrong and should be told so. Its not a tough guy act, its a reminder to the selfish that its not their personal world. And a hell of alot nicer way of conveying displeasure than a loogie or a scratch. Safe parking is one thing and we all try to do it but thats just begging for trouble and increases the odds of damage.
Well said.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
CroOrange
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by batmoble
What I hate more than someone taking two parking spots is someone that won't mind they're own damn business. Who made that guy the parking police, anyways. He wasn't hurting anything by taking up 2 spaces at the end of the lot where no one else was parked. He wasn't affected by it in the least. He just felt like pissing someone off. Anyone who acts like that is an @sshole.
That position is valid if you are the only person on this planet. Fact is, we are an arrogant and egocentric society.

So, when you stop looking at your belly button, think about what it means to live in society.

a++ Cedric
Old 07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaummy
MAN! I don't know if it's just where you guys live or what but the attitudes about taking more than one spot out in BFE really surprises me!

I occasionally take more than one spot with all my cars, but it's about as far away from the front door as possible, so who really cares if there are 50 other parking places?

Maybe living out in the suburbs nobody takes it that seriously as if I was in downtown Chicago.

Ah well, I guess you'll be hating me if you are ever around here
We won't hate you - we'll just call you an a$$hole!

Quick Reply: Corvette hater run in