C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Wraped N Glass
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob help

A friend of mine is in south beach lost his key fob. his other key fob got wet and doesnt work or could need a new battery. Any ideas what he can do? Chevy is saying the car and fob have to be there together. What store would carry the battery for the fob? Walmart, pep boy?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Wal-Mart. Battery number is CR2032, about $2 or $3.

Open the fob and let it dry out. It'll probably be okay. Might need a new battery. Be sure to put the new battery in correctly with the positive side down.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 07-11-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wraped N Glass
A friend of mine is in south beach lost his key fob. his other key fob got wet and doesnt work or could need a new battery. Any ideas what he can do? Chevy is saying the car and fob have to be there together. What store would carry the battery for the fob? Walmart, pep boy?

Thanks
They lied, he can program a new fob to the car using a 30 minute process outlined in his manual. No need to have the original.

I would buy a spare fob off of the for-sale section here and call it a done deal. Only go to dealers for warranty, anything else and you'll be worse off than you started.

Get notified of new replies

To Key Fob help

Quick Reply: Key Fob help