C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Emblem Seat Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Z51-9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Emblem Seat Covers?

2009 Cyber Gray Metallic Z51 Coupe here looking to upgrade from crappy seat towels to seat covers.

Wet Okole -- eye-catching piping, but no C6 emblem
Couple of people in the Florida Corvette Club (FCC) had Wet Okole Seat Covers for their C6 and C6 Z06. The C6 Z06 owner had the black inside + black outside + red piping that looked sharp. However, it was clear that Wet Okole is only offering the C5 and pre-2006 Z06 emblems, not C6 and newer C6 Z06 emblems.

PFYC -- C6 emblem, but no piping options
Now I did find PFYC Seat Covers, which include the C6 emblem option. They offer two-tone in letherette and neoprene, as well as a velour option (of a single, varying tone).

Although the C5 Z06 emblem isn't that much different, and could pass in a C6 Z06, the C5 logo definitely looked out-of-place in a C6, at least to me if I'm buying for my C6. So I'm ruling out buying Wet Okole for now, as I've made it a point to C6 embroider everything inside of my C6. That includes the coupe plastic waterfall emblem, dash mat, floor mats, cargo mat, air intake decal and I plan to do a painted hood decal as well.

I've read most everyone agrees the PFYC neoprene is the same as the Wet Okole material quality, just without the piping options. Again, I've seen that piping and, like others, it is definitely cool. A red would look outstanding against both the Ebony interior and the Cyber Gray Metallic exterior. But that's not something PFYC offers.

So, has anyone seen the seats with piping and the C6 emblem?

At this point, I'm considering just dropping $300 for the pair from PFYC, likely the charcoal+black two-tone neoprene. Then in 2 years, when I'm going to take the covers off again to clean and condition the vinyl underneath, I'll consider buying another set -- possibly Wet Okole or someone else will have the C6 emblem by then. Comments? Criticisms? Suggestions?

In any case, the seat towels definitely have to go, as they aren't going to last.

NOTE: I considered doing a Jake theme, but I'm not a Z06 or ZR1, and decided to stick with the C6. Besides, the red in the emblem looks really good against the Cyber Gray Metallic exterior as well as the Ebony interior. Even the current seat covers that are ebony with red trim blend well against both exterior and interior, coupe top off and on.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Z51-9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind, just had to separately add the GMC067 emblem. It wasn't on the page, but could be added to the cart and applied to the seats. Same price.

Quick Reply: C6 Emblem Seat Covers?