C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 no wave?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
rockethead7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOME of you people disgust me to my core.

- Someone is a "douche" if they don't subscribe to the same "brotherhood" that you do?

- Someone is not allowed to own the same model car that you own unless they play by YOUR rules?

- Someone shouldn't be a member of this board if they don't wave?

Frankly, most of the time, I wave. But, there have been plenty of times when I'm distracted, or just not in the mood, or on the phone, whatever (not to mention, SHIFTING GEARS).

And, frankly, there are a hell of a lot of Corvette drivers that are just plain jerks, including a few on this forum. (I'm sure you all know the type... usually self-centered, womanizers, discourteous, better not leave your wallet out otherwise every dollar in it will be gone, etc.). Who wants to be in a "brotherhood" with those people??

Spare me the sob story about how you bought your Corvette to be part of this majestic brotherhood, comerades everywhere, etc.... Some people just bought the car because they love the CAR. And, there's NOTHING about NOT waving that makes them less of a person because of it. Frankly, it's the opposite. The LESSER of the person is the one that JUDGES others because of the lack of a wave (to a stranger that just happens to be in the same make of car, no less).

Honestly... calling someone names, "douches", etc.... pretty damned judgmental. I'd rather NOT be in a brotherhood with that crap.

An edit: I've loved/owned Corvettes for 20 years. I'll bet that's longer than a majority percentage of the people on this forum. Am I less of a person if I'm SHIFTING GEARS and cannot wave?

Last edited by rockethead7; 06-27-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Fonzijr1964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ekim7878
I wave at every vette I see. The only time it bothers me is when the other person definitely sees my wave, but just turns away and does not wave.

There have been many times where a vette has waved at me and I did not notice until the last moment, was shifting, or otherwise busy and waved back too late. It happens!

Also, for all the people that say the wave is dying out with the younger people getting their hands on vettes, I would just like to say that I am 25 and wave as much as I can.

Save the wave!
as i said he deff looked right at me
Originally Posted by chsmith112
It's case in point.................maybe he just didn't want to wave at a little boy in case someone was watching.
sorry idk what i way typing hahha and WTF is that supposed to mean buster?
Originally Posted by maxp
I guess it means he is not gay
c'mon wtf
Originally Posted by rockethead7

- Someone is a "douche" if they don't subscribe to the same "brotherhood" that you do?

- Someone is not allowed to own the same model car that you own unless they play by YOUR rules?

Frankly, most of the time, I wave. But, there have been plenty of times when I'm distracted, or just not in the mood, or on the phone, whatever (not to mention, SHIFTING GEARS).

And, frankly, there are a hell of a lot of Corvette drivers that are just plain jerks, including a few on this forum. (I'm sure you all know the type... usually self-centered, womanizers, discourteous, better not leave your wallet out otherwise every dollar in it will be gone, etc.). Who wants to be in a "brotherhood" with those people??

Spare me the sob story about how you bought your Corvette to be part of this majestic brotherhood, comerades everywhere, etc.... Some people just bought the car because they love the CAR. And, there's NOTHING about NOT waving that makes them less of a person because of it. Frankly, it's the opposite. The LESSER of the person is the one that JUDGES others because of the lack of a wave (to a stranger that just happens to be in the same make of car, no less).

Honestly... calling someone names, "douches", etc.... pretty damned judgmental. I'd rather NOT be in a brotherhood with that crap.

An edit: I've loved/owned Corvettes for 20 years. I'll bet that's longer than a majority percentage of the people on this forum. Am I less of a person if I'm SHIFTING GEARS and cannot wave?
this guy is driving the best of the breed a ZR1 and looks over at another corvette and see a wave and cant be a gentleman a wave back
Old 06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
rockethead7
Racer

Originally Posted by Fonzijr1964
this guy is driving the best of the breed a ZR1 and looks over at another corvette and see a wave and cant be a gentleman a wave back
If hypothetically there was a magical way to know that you were so judgmental, I wouldn't wave back either. I want no part of your brotherhood cult if it involves getting all pissy over whether or not someone waves. You know NOTHING about his reasons. Maybe he had a pulled muscle in his shoulder and couldn't lift it that high. Maybe he knows nothing about your brotherhood wave (yes, there ARE people that don't know anything about this wave thing). Maybe he was shifting gears. Who knows?

The fact that YOU've decided that other people are "the problem" because they didn't/couldn't wave to you makes YOU the real problem in my book.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
JameyTurner
Too Much Fun
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 180 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush007
So what?

Maybe he was on his cell phone, shifting gears, etc.

Or maybe he just concentrates on driving and doesn't wave at every vette that he passes.

Personally, I don't wave at someone just cause they are in the same type of car I'm in. Sorta silly really.
Hate to see somebody trade off a Corvette, but maybe you should trade for a Mustang....they are the group that refuses to wave at each other!!!! I will wave at EVERY Corvette I pass and I don't care if it is a C1 or a C6, if it looks like crap or looks like it just pulled off the showroom floor. Here's one for you also, and you don't have to return the favor
Old 06-27-2009, 03:57 PM
RAT
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

On the way to work yesterday I saw a Vette coming down the hill. Even though I was in my Dodge truck I gave him a big wave. He just happened to be looking the other way and didn't wave back. No biggie, it's all part of the fun.

So if I happened not to wave back while out riding, please forgive me. I just didn't see you or I would have waved back.

If you are so lame as not to wave back at another Vette. Go buy yourself a Honda. It's more at your class level.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:50 PM
JetBlueLS3
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

I still have NOT gotten a wave back from a Z06. I don't know what their problem is. Usually it's young kids that I see driving them so maybe that's got something to do with it. Non Z06 Corvettes we always pay respect to each other.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Rule292
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Viper wave...

So this morning out in the Vette with the top down I wave a thumbs up to a fellow driving a Viper convertible with a custom paint job and loud pipes.

We're both putzing along a suburban street when we pass. He doesn't wave, just pushes in the clutch and tickles the gas. With his loud pipes it gives kind of snarly growl.

So much for the wave, but it made me laugh all day.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GaryW
Some people just aren't in to the whole waving thing, and don't forget that a lot of people are new to Vettes so don't even know they're supposed to wave. The better Vettes get, the more converts we're likely to get.

Over here, there are so few American cars we wave at anything ; if you wait for a Vette you'll wait a LONG time....! I pulled up at the lights a few days ago and a 70s Chrysler (couldn't tell exactly what it was) sounding very cammy pulled up a few cars behind in the other lane - I waved, and he waved back, which was nice.
In all fairness, you don't have to be very bright to figure out why a person in a similar car would wave (and that it might be nice to wave back).
Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 PM
dwiemers
Pro

Originally Posted by JetBlueLS3
I still have NOT gotten a wave back from a Z06. I don't know what their problem is. Usually it's young kids that I see driving them so maybe that's got something to do with it. Non Z06 Corvettes we always pay respect to each other.
I always wave at everyone...the only problem is the guys that buy the car and aren't really enthusiasts, they are the only ones that don't wave. It's all good though. Also, I think it's funny you think "kids" are the only ones driving Z06's. Most kids can't afford $60K plus big guy....
I only see old guys driving them, except me. It's rare I see one in the first place, the old guys are scared to drive them!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:01 AM
ROADKILL2007
Instructor

Get over it and grow up. he was probably paying attention to the road considering his car costs 120K/
Old 06-28-2009, 12:39 AM
The Rototiller
5th Gear

i love the wave
Old 06-28-2009, 01:29 AM
OnyxC6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a big wave from a woman in a Blue ZR1.. She seemed really happy! (duh.. haha)
Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

I had a guy in a ZR1 wave to me last weelend................... after he caught up! Got a big , too !
Old 06-28-2009, 09:01 AM
gilbybarr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,888 Likes on 795 Posts

Maybe the ZR1 dude was counting his money?

Seriously, I have "saved the wave" personally for 35 years now....its just a recognition of a fellow Corvette enthusiast....and yes, bikers virtually ALWAYS wave at each other (with some crotch rocket exceptions)...cruisers almost always. With all the onslaught on older cars (and soon high performance cars) we need to stick together! If someone chooses not to waive, oh well, their choice and its a free world. But there are sometimes when you either dont see the Vette or are distracted and its too late. Me, I'll waive at 'em all.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:22 AM
OrangeCrush007
Instructor

Originally Posted by rockethead7

Best post yet...
Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 AM
OrangeCrush007
Instructor

Originally Posted by JameyTurner
Hate to see somebody trade off a Corvette, but maybe you should trade for a Mustang....they are the group that refuses to wave at each other!!!! I will wave at EVERY Corvette I pass and I don't care if it is a C1 or a C6, if it looks like crap or looks like it just pulled off the showroom floor. Here's one for you also, and you don't have to return the favor
LOL! So now you are TELLING me to trade it? Think and do like me or leave.... Geez, get a life....

BTW, I've got a GT500KR. Just one of the toys.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:26 AM
gunnerrun
Racer

Wave's dead in N. FL.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 no wave?

Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM
gordonb50
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I waved at 4 Vettes yesterday, 1-C4, 1-C5, & 2-C6's. None waved back. But, I keep smiling & waving.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:44 AM
7thgeneration
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't know why but I tend to think most of the non-wavers are leased vehicles and their current 'vette is just their " flavor of the month ". And when they move on is anyone going to miss them ? I think not. As was stated above just because you are a Corvette owner doesn't make you a Corvette guy.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 AM
OrangeCrush007
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5thgeneration
I don't know why but I tend to think most of the non-wavers are leased vehicles and their current 'vette is just their " flavor of the month ". And when they move on is anyone going to miss them ? I think not. As was stated above just because you are a Corvette owner doesn't make you a Corvette guy.
Well, you managed to pizz off the "lease" folks that wave AND give a good chuckle to those of us who buy or pay cash for them and don't. Congrats!

And just because you wave, doesn't make you an enthusiast or the defacto word on who is what with these cars.

I am begining to get a better picture though, brotherhood = jerks thanks to posts like yours.....

BTW, leases tend to run longer then a month.......

Quick Reply: ZR1 no wave?