C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you organize/promote a car show in your area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Thanks Paul......

Jim

Originally Posted by okie08vette
It's working, got it to accept, great site
Thanks
Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Jimmy C-6
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

This is great! MODS this needs to be a sticky!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

There are over 6000 unique car shows, cruise-ins, and other events on the website now for you to look at! If you find on near you that you're excited about, be sure to check the 'I'll Be There' button to help rank it higher and gain more popularity!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Biggie G
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That site is awesome...it helped me setup the Cruise I did a couple years back here in Downtown Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EcwDN73cUY
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Biggie G
That site is awesome...it helped me setup the Cruise I did a couple years back here in Downtown Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EcwDN73cUY
Awesome Cruise footage! That's a great video! Thanks for sharing, and really glad we were able to help you get that event going!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Thanks for the helpful service, Jim.

Constructive criticism, why do you expose the email addresses? SPAMbots troll websites collecting exposed email addresses for unwelcome uses. I'd use your service but I won't allow my email address to be exposed like that. (I know it's easy to create a disposable email address, but what value is posting an email address that's not in regular use? And why go through that hassle?)

Cheers,
JB
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Good point...we did not think of that as an issue at all. But if it is a concern of yours, I am sure others have thought of that also. The only place email addresses are shown is on the car show listing page and the only address that is shown is the email address of the person who runs that particular car show. The reason the email address is exposed is so that people looking at the car show can send emails or questions to the car show owner.

Of course you do not have to put a real email address but then nobody can ask you questions about your Car Show. The other option, which is what a lot of people who run car show do, is to create an email address that you use only for the car show activity.

I am open to any ideas you may have also.....

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
Thanks for the helpful service, Jim.

Constructive criticism, why do you expose the email addresses? SPAMbots troll websites collecting exposed email addresses for unwelcome uses. I'd use your service but I won't allow my email address to be exposed like that. (I know it's easy to create a disposable email address, but what value is posting an email address that's not in regular use? And why go through that hassle?)

Cheers,
JB
Old 12-29-2012, 04:23 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

What they do here on CF works fine. To send an email to a CF member you click on send an email (or contact info, depending on what screen you are on), and then fill out the send an email form. No one sees the actual email address being used unless the individual chooses to share it with the contact themselves.

Cheers,
JB

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Good point...we did not think of that as an issue at all. But if it is a concern of yours, I am sure others have thought of that also. The only place email addresses are shown is on the car show listing page and the only address that is shown is the email address of the person who runs that particular car show. The reason the email address is exposed is so that people looking at the car show can send emails or questions to the car show owner.

Of course you do not have to put a real email address but then nobody can ask you questions about your Car Show. The other option, which is what a lot of people who run car show do, is to create an email address that you use only for the car show activity.

I am open to any ideas you may have also.....

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks.....good suggestion.

Jim

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
What they do here on CF works fine. To send an email to a CF member you click on send an email (or contact info, depending on what screen you are on), and then fill out the send an email form. No one sees the actual email address being used unless the individual chooses to share it with the contact themselves.

Cheers,
JB
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

It is that time of year again.....over 7500 shows listed. We also added the ability to search via zipcode..

Jim

Check it out below...

www.carshowfinder.com
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Last year, during the Car Show season we launched a 100% free car show database for car show organizers and folks who just like to find car shows in their area. The site is really doing well and has over a thousand current car shows loaded and over 50,000 registered users.

The site allows you the ability to click on a state and it will spit out all the local car shows in that state for the upcoming 30 days. You can also advance search by city, car show name, car show type, etc....You can also see a listing of all last years local car shows here.

The site is 100% free for all users AND show promoters. Car show promoters and organizers simply add their show to the site with all the relevant information and it is instantly there for all to see and attend. We have also expanded to include all of Canada.

If you organize a car show, give it a try, nothing to lose, free and easy...If you want to search for a car show in your area, try it....again, 100% free and simple

If you have a free night and are looking for something to do after dinner, go to the site and see if there is a car show in your area, you can walk around and check out other peoples rides...

The site is www.carshowfinder.org (or com, does not matter). Stop by and check it out.....

Thanks,

Jim :
i live in bushkill, pa. bought my car from gray chevy in stroudsburg, stopped in one day to say helloto the the salesman who sold me the car. he mentioned that he was interested in starting a corvette/car show at the dealership, didn't quite know how to go about it. asked me if i would be interested in helping him out. told him i don't know the first thing about it. question, how do you go about getting something like that started? sounds like fun to me.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:25 AM
my1stvette98
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome idea. We are having a big corvette show this May in Marietta GA. I will forward this to club member responsible for show. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

No, I don't
Old 07-02-2016, 09:35 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Biggest Car Show Site on the internet and still free for everyone to use. If you are looking for car shows in your local area or want to promote your car show, checkout www.carshowfinder.org

Have a great 4th of July
Old 07-02-2016, 01:42 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 718 Likes on 484 Posts

Another great source of car shows and cruise-ins produced right here in middle Tennessee is http://www.gearheadgazzette.com. He covers shows throughout the US with an emphasis on the Southeast.

Last edited by NashvilleGrandSport; 07-02-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Do you organize/promote a car show in your area?