C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just received a letter from GM pres!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Tiggers
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never mind its a repost

Ok, probably me and every other gm owner with a computer

Troy A. Clarke, Group Vice President, GM North America
Dear

First off, I'd like to thank you for being a GM customer. Your current and future business means a lot to us. Given all of the recent media coverage about GM, I am writing you today to address some questions you may have, and to assure you that we are here to stay and ready to serve you.

As you may know, GM is using an expedited, court-supervised process to accelerat e the reinvention of our company. At the core of that reinvention is a commitment that we will put the customer first in all that we do — starting with great cars, trucks and crossovers, and the best sales and service experience possible. We want to earn your trust in several ways, including:

Your GM Warranty — Rest assured, we will honor the warranty commitment given to you at the time of your purchase. Our GM Dealers are very much open for business, and ready to meet your sales and service needs. And even though we are seeking buyers for our Saturn and Saab brands, have just announced the selection of a buyer for the HUMMER brand, and have decided to eventually phase out Pontiac, those dealerships also remain open and ready for service. The bottom line is your warranty will be honored and service will always be available through authorized GM retail facilities by GM-trained Goodwrench experts, with Genuine GM Parts on hand.

Your Next GM Vehicle — At this, the most important moment in the history of our company, our dedication to high-quality, fuel-efficient and outstanding-value vehicles has never been greater. As I said before, our GM dealerships are very much open for business, and banks and credit unions are lending and continue to offer some of the best rates available to qualified buyers. To find information about GM dealerships in your area, please visit GM.com/vehicles/dealer.

Your General Motors — For over 100 years, GM has fueled America's passion for the automobile. Propelled by the spirit and commitment of our people, we will become the New GM, a company that makes Americans proud, and one that can compete successfully with anyone in the world. All of us at GM are confident that we will emerge a leaner, stronger company for you, offering the most compelling vehicles possible from our Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands. I invite you to stay up to date on our promising new future by visiting GMreinvention.com.

As I said at the outset, we are genuinely grateful for your business, and we hope that you'll stay with us. If you are considering buying a new vehicle, please review a special offer for our owners. Then, visit GM.com/owner to see how this can be combined with other current incentives — it's our way of saying "Thank You" for your ongoing support.

Sincerely,
Troy A. Clarke
Group Vice President
President, GM North America

Last edited by Tiggers; 06-05-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
lander
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Gosh..did it say the same thing as the other guy that just posted?

Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Tiggers
Racer

Ooops, sorry for the repost, Mods please delete.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
LarryMJones
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Tiggers
Ok, probably me and every other gm owner with a computer

Dear

First off, I'd like to thank you for being a GM customer. Your current and future business means a lot to us. Given all of the recent media coverage about GM, I am writing you today to address some questions you may have, and to assure you that we are here to stay and ready to serve you.

Your General Motors — For over 100 years, GM has fueled America's passion for the automobile.

Sincerely,
Troy A. Clarke
Group Vice President
I just hope Mr Clarke understand his quote "passion for the automobile" does not include econo boxes. It's Corvettes, Camaros, Tri Power Bonnevilles, GTO's, 427 Impalas and other GM performance cars we have a passion for.
LJ
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to know they will honor all warranties! I was a little worried.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
crazyeddie
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I just bought a Ford, how did they no, I didn't get no stinkin letter--eddie
Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 PM
jsims002
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if GM would take my car and truck back and give me back my downpayment.......

They need to update their Salesforce contact data because my email has my full name and the letter had my name misspelled
Old 06-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Korvette225
Instructor

Default memories, memories

Kinda reminds me of the good old days many years ago when the mailman would hand you a Christmas card.(for the obvious reason). The card read,"Merry Christmas from all of us to all of you." And it was signed...The United States Post Office. MY, I just bubbled all over and felt tingly knowing that Big Brother really loved and cared for me. Somebody at GM must've remembered the same thing.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Crush2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default From GM President???

Did I miss something? I did not see "The White House" at the top of the email, and I did not see the signature of Mr. Obama.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Wow! That one's just like this one.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...l-from-gm.html

Stand by, and we'll see if there are any more like these.

Never mind its a repost
Oops, well what do you know?

BTW, he's Group VP, not President of GM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I thought that was a personal letter to just me.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:12 PM
e weezie
Racer

Originally Posted by VET4LES
I thought that was a personal letter to just me.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Joe C5 C2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Crush2
Did I miss something? I did not see "The White House" at the top of the email, and I did not see the signature of Mr. Obama.

That's because the only the ZR1 guys get their letter from the "Big Guy".
Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C5 C2
That's because the only the ZR1 guys get their letter from the "Big Guy".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NYnNoWCu44

As you may know, GM is using an expedited, court-supervised process to accelerate the reinvention of our company. At the core of that reinvention is a commitment that we will put the customer first in all that we do — starting with great cars, trucks and crossovers, and the best sales and service experience possible. We want to earn your trust in several ways, including:

Your GM Warranty — Rest assured, we will honor the warranty commitment given to you at the time of your purchase. Our GM Dealers are very much open for business, and ready to meet your sales and service needs. And even though we are seeking buyers for our Saturn and Saab brands, have just announced the selection of a buyer for the HUMMER brand, and have decided to eventually phase out Pontiac, those dealerships also remain open and ready for service. The bottom line is your warranty will be honored and service will always be available through authorized GM retail facilities by GM-trained Goodwrench experts, with Genuine GM Parts on hand.

Your Next GM Vehicle — At this, the most important moment in the history of our company, our dedication to high-quality, fuel-efficient and outstanding-value vehicles has never been greater. As I said before, our GM dealerships are very much open for business, and banks and credit unions are lending and continue to offer some of the best rates available to qualified buyers. To find information about GM dealerships in your area, please visit GM.com/vehicles/dealer.

Your General Motors — For over 100 years, GM has fueled America's passion for the automobile. Propelled by the spirit and commitment of our people, we will become the New GM, a company that makes Americans proud, and one that can compete successfully with anyone in the world. All of us at GM are confident that we will emerge a leaner, stronger company for you, offering the most compelling vehicles possible from our Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands. I invite you to stay up to date on our promising new future by visiting GMreinvention.com.

As I said at the outset, we are genuinely grateful for your business, and we hope that you'll stay with us. If you are considering buying a new vehicle, please review a special offer for our owners. Then, visit GM.com/owner to see how this can be combined with other current incentives — it's our way of saying "Thank You" for your ongoing support.

Sincerely,

Troy A. Clarke
Group Vice President

Last edited by calmtgguy; 06-05-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:01 PM
60av8tor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NYnNoWCu44

As you may know, GM is using an expedited, court-supervised process to accelerate the reinvention of our company. At the core of that reinvention is a commitment that we will put the customer first in all that we do — starting with great cars, trucks and crossovers, and the best sales and service experience possible. We want to earn your trust in several ways, including:

Sincerely,

Troy A. Clarke
Group Vice President

He shoulda sent the video with the letter
Old 06-06-2009, 08:34 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I got the same letter and we got all our new vehicles we will need for sometime as we got a Silverado in 07 and the Vette in 08 and I hope Obama Motors is gone when we need a new vehicle
Old 07-13-2020, 10:10 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

For the OP, jut because you bought a very leftover 2020 C7 in February of 2020 doesn't mean Ron Fellows needs to keep the class going for you!
Their deal with GM for the C7 ended 12 months after the C7 production ceased. They are running classes several months after that because of the C8 production issues and resultant lack of C8 buyers booking classes.
Having taken the class 2x with a C7 and owning a C7 manual, I will tell you that the class would be just as informative and fun in an A8 - on the track, once you are up to speed you use 2 gears on an M7 - 3rd & 4th and shift 3-4x per lap max.

Get notified of new replies

To Just received a letter from GM pres!

Old 07-13-2020, 10:20 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by LIStingray
For the OP, jut because you bought a very leftover 2020 C7 in February of 2020 doesn't mean Ron Fellows needs to keep the class going for you!
Their deal with GM for the C7 ended 12 months after the C7 production ceased. They are running classes several months after that because of the C8 production issues and resultant lack of C8 buyers booking classes.
Having taken the class 2x with a C7 and owning a C7 manual, I will tell you that the class would be just as informative and fun in an A8 - on the track, once you are up to speed you use 2 gears on an M7 - 3rd & 4th and shift 3-4x per lap max.
OP hasn't been on the forum in over 5 years. I doubt that he'll ever see your post.

Last Activity: 01-17-2015 09:44 AM
Old 08-18-2022, 02:39 PM
jrm21
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 50 Posts

I would guess that opinions on this topic are shaped by one's past experience with dealerships. All the car dealers in my are are essentially bottom-feeders.

As far as pricing, a dealer buys from GM at wholesale and sells at a profit (rightly so). In a DTC model, the dealer profit is eliminated. In theory, GM could sell direct for less than any dealer (unless you think a dealer actually loses money on a sale).

I realize it is not that simple. However, GM does have a large dealer network. Those assets could be repurposed to the DTC model. WIth the ability to automate, it could be argued that direct to consumer is even more efficient than maintaining a dealer network. I don't see how cost is a "con" for the DTC model - it should be a "pro."

The real problem is service. Such a move would involve a massive change to the current system. Service departments are an arm of the dealership and I'd bet that many dealerships are not prepared to have service become their sole business.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:06 PM
Dads2kconvertible
Drifting

Received 643 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by jrm21
I would guess that opinions on this topic are ...
Those opinions are over a decade old. We can let it die now.
The following users liked this post:
samk6 (08-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Just received a letter from GM pres!