C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom painted hood liner

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:48 AM
4myblondie08vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom painted hood liner

i've noticed some of you have custom painted hood liners. what is your take on these???any idea where to see a good selection??
Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 AM
ghostrunner
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it is what you would like to do. They are expensive but add the finishing touch to the under hood area. I currently have one on order from Steve, he is very good but more expensive than Paula. His detail is more like a picture than others. It is just what you want and how much you are willing to spend.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am still on the fence because I am unsure of the subject matter I want. I hope to have one that is not so "out there" that I will tire of very quickly.

I am planning on buying an extra hoodliner to use for the graphics so I have the stock one on hand if I ever want to change back.

We have a local artist here that I have been impressed with his work. He will probably be my choice especially since I can get the liner to him and pick it up without shipping.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 AM
MARTEASE C6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mongooseC6
I am still on the fence because I am unsure of the subject matter I want. I hope to have one that is not so "out there" that I will tire of very quickly.

I am planning on buying an extra hoodliner to use for the graphics so I have the stock one on hand if I ever want to change back.

We have a local artist here that I have been impressed with his work. He will probably be my choice especially since I can get the liner to him and pick it up without shipping.
If you go with Steve he will provide you with a new hoodliner that he does the work on, so you will still keep your stock liner. The subject matter depends on your personality and also what you see in your vette...most guys/gals have a theme that they just extend to the liner. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

PaulaH, shes a Forum Vendor and has been doing nice work for members here for years.http://community.webshots.com/user/paulasartwork
Old 05-27-2009, 10:33 AM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

I've wondered what the "average" price is from Steve to get one painted. I'm sure it depends on the amount of detail put into it but it seems like there would be a "ballpark" for his work? Anybody care to mention what the ballpark price was for theirs?

I'd love to have a custom hood liner from Steve.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Heat Mizer
Instructor

I have one and really like it. my buddy airbrushed it for me and it cost nothing. Not sure I would want to pay much for this since it is under the hood and has the chance of getting wet or dirty. Maybe would pay more if my car was just for show
Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ShinodaVette
I've wondered what the "average" price is from Steve to get one painted. I'm sure it depends on the amount of detail put into it but it seems like there would be a "ballpark" for his work? Anybody care to mention what the ballpark price was for theirs?

I had my done by a local air brusher/artist. I just had some flames put on , not very detailed. But from checking around, you can drop an easy grand on a nice custom air brushed hood liner. Some can even be more, it just depends on what you want and how much you are willing to spend!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
0PaulaH
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi....

Thank you for your "plugs". I've been painting Corvette hood liners since late 1999 and have been a vendor here on the Forum since about 2001 (I think)..

You can view my work at the link listed below. For more information on designs and cost, please email me. Price depends on the amount of graphics involved.

I purchase new liners, paint them and then ship it to you. Of course, if you live close to the Dallas area and can drop yours off, or would like to ship yours to me, I am happy to paint it.

FYI, most or many of my liners are still happily riding on hoods today,about 10 years!!!!, so you need not be afraid of wear or them getting dirty. ( I do furnish instructions on hood liner care). Most customers have their liners on all year round. Some, on the other hand, take them off and only use them for car shows.

Steve is a very talented and awesome artist. We are really not competitors as we have completely different styles and actually cater to a different audience.

Thank you for your interest....

Sincerely,
Paula
paula75032@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by PaulaH; 05-27-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:14 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it looks great. You can get what you want.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

I sent Steve a PM and he paints on a new liner as part of his price. I want one but have zero art talent so I am trying to figure out what I would want. No Idea. was looking at WWII pin up girls but I can only afford to do this one time.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ShinodaVette

It would be nice to have some idea of a price range.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
OneBadZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

Originally Posted by MARSC6
I used a local airbrush artist and paid $500.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:24 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OneBadZ06
I used a local airbrush artist and paid $500.
That it? I would have expected much more.

Looks like it is time to break out the yellow pages. There has to be somebody in the area.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

you can send an email to the painters on this thread and they will give you a ball park price. I did.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 PM
0Airbrush Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I am not afraid to give you an average price of my liners. Out of the 60 or so liners that I have done, the average price has been right at $1000. I have done 3 for as much as $2000 and have done around 6 for $1500. Based on this, it's easy to figure out that a few have been under $1000. These liners are a lot more time consuming that most think. It is easy for a lot of artists to just do a job that will pass, but I'm the type that wants to exceed your expectations, and make sure you get your moneys worth if not more.

If my prices do not fit your budget then I do not take it personal. Sometimes I speak with someone over the phone for a half hour about a liner and they never end up buying from me. This is part of my job and believe it or not, I enjoy talking with fellow vette owners whether you buy or not.

Anyone can feel free to call my toll free number 866-926-2116 for a custom quote, or feel free to email me steve@airbrushincorporated.com or visit my website www.airbrushincorporated.com I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

and to you Paula (hoodliners by Paula) for being a class act.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Airbrush Inc
I am not afraid to give you an average price of my liners. Out of the 60 or so liners that I have done, the average price has been right at $1000. I have done 3 for as much as $2000 and have done around 6 for $1500. Based on this, it's easy to figure out that a few have been under $1000. These liners are a lot more time consuming that most think. It is easy for a lot of artists to just do a job that will pass, but I'm the type that wants to exceed your expectations, and make sure you get your moneys worth if not more.

If my prices do not fit your budget then I do not take it personal. Sometimes I speak with someone over the phone for a half hour about a liner and they never end up buying from me. This is part of my job and believe it or not, I enjoy talking with fellow vette owners whether you buy or not.

Anyone can feel free to call my toll free number 866-926-2116 for a custom quote, or feel free to email me steve@airbrushincorporated.com or visit my website www.airbrushincorporated.com I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

and to you Paula (hoodliners by Paula) for being a class act.
I guess what I really need to do is figure out exactly what I want since there is such a big range.

I found this poster of what I thought I wanted but now I'm having second thoughts. Just not sure if it would look right on a vette.

Get notified of new replies

To custom painted hood liner

Old 05-27-2009, 06:08 PM
0Airbrush Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I guess what I really need to do is figure out exactly what I want since there is such a big range.

I found this poster of what I thought I wanted but now I'm having second thoughts. Just not sure if it would look right on a vette.
You can always email a picture and I will give you my honest opinion. BTW, I just noticed you are from York Pa. My dad was born in York. I've never been there but do plan on doing so when I go to Carlisle this year
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,594 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC6
PaulaH, shes a Forum Vendor and has been doing nice work for members here for years.http://community.webshots.com/user/paulasartwork
Mine is from Paula. Terrific person to work with too!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It took Steve about 3 days to paint my liner. He emailed me updates each step of the way. It's great to watch how amazed people are at car shows with the detail he put into his work. Many think a custom hoodliner is too expensive. I tell them that it's custom artwork. Find me a great artist that's cheap. I'm proud to have Steve Ray's signature at the bottom of my hoodliner.

Quick Reply: custom painted hood liner