C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front nose clip fit problem

Old 10-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Tahoe Dave
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front nose clip fit problem

I know a picture would help however, let me try to create a visual of my problem. The location in question is where the front fender meets the nose clip. Those two parts are located at the inside of the headlamp assembly.

I have a GM bra that requires inserted a stiff tab between the body and the headlamp assembly (at that location). When I remove the tab, the tip of the nose clip, that meets the fender pops up.

In the past, I was able to simply push (pop) it back in place. Now it prefers to stay up!

I can see that there is a protruding tab located in the fender and a receiving tab in the nose clip.

I think I need to bring those two closer together. That said, anybody out there had this problem and even more import, how did you fix it?

As always, thanks for looking in
Old 10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
jbates10
Intermediate

Default same problem

i am having the same issue. any recommendations?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Tahoe Dave
Racer

Originally Posted by jbates10
i am having the same issue. any recommendations?
Looks like we may be on our own, I'm trying to avoid going to a body shop. I think the problem might be that the body parts have "memory" and the bra tab may has disrupted that.

Best case scenario would be it returning to its normal position if I keep pushing it down.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Lank
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had that problem with my 08 Z. Came new that way.

There was a broken fastener and the corvette tech was able to replace it without too much trouble. It's a plastic pin that holds the nose in place. Warranty covered it.

Lank

Last edited by Lank; 10-11-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM
FireRoc
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I have an 05 that does this on one side after the nose clip was repainted. Body shop took it off for re-paint. I had them replace the clip to no avail. I am still looking for a solution that does not involve permanently gluing the two panels together at this point.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Red Cell
Melting Slicks

Ok guy's, I believe this is what you are talking about. I've taken it (more like saved it) as a quick reference. That is not me in the photos nor can I take credit for the hard work this member did.

For me, I ended up going to the dealership and having it repaired (retainer lost its spring capabilities). It was inexpensive ($114.00)...all labour (sorry...just tried sending the photos that I have and it does not work...so here is what he said...

"Easy Fix!!
Smack it a good pop with the heel of your hand.
There is a small tab on each corner of the nose skin, that pops into a spring clip attached to the corner of each fender.

That black clip (between the 2 smaller black screws) (just to the left of the headlight) is the spring clip on the front of the fender

Here, I took my whole car apart just to show you where the fender spring clips are.

Actually, I just happend to know this as I recently had the whole nose off to install a Phoenix Performance tow hook to the front frame."

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ..........................

Again, my apologies, but if hitting it hard does (flat palm as not to damage anything) does not return it, then just make a warranty claim or pay for it out of pocket)...not expensive.

In closing, if this is not what you guy's are talking about, then there's 30 minutes I'll never get back...

Red Cell.

Last edited by Red Cell; 10-11-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Tried everything to send pic's but not working...
Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

Ihad the same problem on my 07 vette and the 09 is starting to get pop up.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,237 Likes on 908 Posts

What I did was change from the GM bra to the nylon stretch bra. Before I changes bras I would use a credit card to slide between the body panel and the fabric tab it worked every time.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Tahoe Dave
Racer

Originally Posted by Red Cell
Ok guy's, I believe this is what you are talking about. I've taken it (more like saved it) as a quick reference. That is not me in the photos nor can I take credit for the hard work this member did.

For me, I ended up going to the dealership and having it repaired (retainer lost its spring capabilities). It was inexpensive ($114.00)...all labour (sorry...just tried sending the photos that I have and it does not work...so here is what he said...

"Easy Fix!!
Smack it a good pop with the heel of your hand.
There is a small tab on each corner of the nose skin, that pops into a spring clip attached to the corner of each fender.

That black clip (between the 2 smaller black screws) (just to the left of the headlight) is the spring clip on the front of the fender

Here, I took my whole car apart just to show you where the fender spring clips are.

Actually, I just happend to know this as I recently had the whole nose off to install a Phoenix Performance tow hook to the front frame."

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ..........................

Again, my apologies, but if hitting it hard does (flat palm as not to damage anything) does not return it, then just make a warranty claim or pay for it out of pocket)...not expensive.

In closing, if this is not what you guy's are talking about, then there's 30 minutes I'll never get back...

Red Cell.
Red Cell,

Thanks for the advice, your 30 minutes were well spent and appreciated. I did "face off" with the front fender, did a ceremonius bow and gave it a flat handed karate chop, as you had suggested. I was amazed to see it snap in place! However, 30 seconds later it poped up again Looks like I will have to dust off the credit card and have the pros make it right.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Nuclear28
Instructor

I have the same problem on both sides. On one side, it popped up and no amount of pushing makes it stay in place. The other side you can pop in, but driving for a minute it pops back. I don't want to have the whole front taken off, so I'm all ears!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Red Cell
Melting Slicks

'Glad I was on the same page.

Mine has been repaired for 6 months and is still fine...

Red Cell.

Get notified of new replies

To Front nose clip fit problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front nose clip fit problem