C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing CABIN AIR FILTER (CHEAP)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer replaced mine free under warranty when I noticed the foul smell from the AC after a while. I was just at 30K miles.

They replaced and cleaned the air system and it's been great since.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Just bought two Purolator cabin filters for less tha $11 ec w/tax and was surprised how well built they are and installed. It slide right in. The one I removed looked to be the original GM paper filter but had it's side bent in along with several vanes crushed from a bad fit or install.

Thanks for the tip on the Purolator filters.

Tom
Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Just bought two Purolator cabin filters for less tha $11 ec w/tax and was surprised how well built they are and installed. It slide right in. The one I removed looked to be the original GM paper filter but had it's side bent in along with several vanes crushed from a bad fit or install.

Thanks for the tip on the Purolator filters.

Tom
Several people have reported the factory install wasn't done right and the filter was crushed. Mine was crushed and allowing air to bypass on the side. I bought a Wix charcoal filter at O'Reilly's and during the install it wanted to crush also. I got a couple of small plastic sticks and used them to push on the inside corners which effectively pulled the filter into the slot.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
BostonJoel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This must be filter day for me....headed over to Wallyworld to get a HEPA filter for the Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner....checked the C6 filter....pretty dirty after only 16K miles so I'll pick up a couple of Purolators or whatever they have or stop at AAP or one of the other auto places for a couple for the car. The OEM seems pretty flimsy.....

Quick Reply: Replacing CABIN AIR FILTER (CHEAP)