C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future of Bowling Green Plant

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
greenie99
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxp
i was just pointing out that the current president did not set the standards, the person i was responding to was blaming obama...the rest of my post states the obvious, gm management is responsible for were they are today, not the current or past president. I don't know what the **** your problem is
ding*
Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 PM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
Zero value what-so-ever to GM to do that. The BG plant itself costs next to nothing to have open. It is currently tooled specifically for the Corvette. The only thing, if any, is that it is under utilized. The smart money says that they move something else in to BG to leverage the space with its very, very small cost.
No way they will close BG and move the Vette. If they discontinue the Vette, they may close BG.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 PM
CACTI 1
Burning Brakes

Received 452 Likes on 161 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

Originally Posted by VettedCandidate
How dare you speak the truth when so many are working so hard to rewrite recent history already! Blaming Obama (or whatever little-boy nickname they think hours to come up with) for this whole economic meltdown and openly calling for his failure is now the sole mission of the Repubicans and their minions.
I know that you will never admit it, but both administrations
(Bush and nObama) are bailing out the auto industries and
their unions. This is a no win situation for both parties and
the tax paying public. Like some have already stated, GM
management have done this to themselves. If nObama continues
bailing out more companies, this behavior is not good for this
country (USA) and its tax payers.

Now this . . . is the truth.

Tom

Old 04-04-2009, 02:49 PM
VettedCandidate
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c6corvette
I know that you will never admit it, but both administrations
(Bush and nObama) are bailing out the auto industries and
their unions. This is a no win situation for both parties and
the tax paying public. Like some have already stated, GM
management have done this to themselves. If nObama continues
bailing out more companies, this behavior is not good for this
country (USA) and its tax payers.

Now this . . . is the truth.

Tom

I'm not convinced the the present course of action is the right one...nor am I of the opinion that trying to blame him for it all is doing anyone any good. That is what I consistently hear on this forum and it is

What we have to accept is that closing all of the doors at GM ( and those that would close because of them going under) is a sure way to a really catastrophic situation.

What would you have us do...seriously?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 PM
p35hp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a BG resident I have more than one dog in this hunt. Yeah, there is pride in the fact that my adopted home town makes "America's Sports Car". Then there is the lost tax base. The demise of the NCM would be an extra kick as local and county govt. are on the hook for the bonds as I understand it. My hope for worst case senario the NCM could still survive. The decision on the plant will be made many miles from here and no one from Warren County will have the slightest input. They used to make air conditioners in a much smaller buiding there. Was empty for a long time before GM came to town. Till things do shake themselves out, I'm going to take my cue from Talon90 and try to be upbeat. He's never answered a post with incorrect info. I'm just hoping his forecasts are spot on as well. Hey Paul, any good at picking horses? Post Script: Enough of this gloom and doom. It's 60 and sunny out. There is a yellow car in my garage that's full of gas and in need of a leg stretching. US 231 here I come!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p35hp
As a BG resident I have more than one dog in this hunt. Yeah, there is pride in the fact that my adopted home town makes "America's Sports Car". Then there is the lost tax base. The demise of the NCM would be an extra kick as local and county govt. are on the hook for the bonds as I understand it. My hope for worst case senario the NCM could still survive. The decision on the plant will be made many miles from here and no one from Warren County will have the slightest input. They used to make air conditioners in a much smaller buiding there. Was empty for a long time before GM came to town. Till things do shake themselves out, I'm going to take my cue from Talon90 and try to be upbeat. He's never answered a post with incorrect info. I'm just hoping his forecasts are spot on as well. Hey Paul, any good at picking horses? Post Script: Enough of this gloom and doom. It's 60 and sunny out. There is a yellow car in my garage that's full of gas and in need of a leg stretching. US 231 here I come!

Talon90 always has good and reliable info.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Batmbl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bosco 08
the messiah can want whatever the bottom line is what the consumer wants. i hate my government but love my country.
Just wondering. Is this hate for your government a recent development?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:24 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

One ray of hope for Corvette: Wagoner's replacement, Fritz Henderson, was interviewed on CNN this morning. He's known as a "beancounter" so we were expecting the worst. But it turns out that he drives a C6 as his daily driver and has a C6 vert model in his office. Maybe he'll be looking out for us after all.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
jaki30
Safety Car

Received 534 Likes on 307 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Don't count on it

Originally Posted by ZL-1
One ray of hope for Corvette: Wagoner's replacement, Fritz Henderson, was interviewed on CNN this morning. He's known as a "beancounter" so we were expecting the worst. But it turns out that he drives a C6 as his daily driver and has a C6 vert model in his office. Maybe he'll be looking out for us after all.
This morning on CBS Face the Nation, Tim "I forgot how to use Turbo Tax" Geithner apparently is telling the country that any company that takes bailout money will be subject to having their management changed.
I can't believe that "Dumber Than Dirt II" said that on national TV! He had to clear that with his boss, Dumber Than Dirt.

Quick Reply: Future of Bowling Green Plant