C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove the Bose door speaker cover

Old 03-21-2009, 07:45 PM
TuckerO
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How do I remove the Bose door speaker cover

A friend of mine hit the cover & bent it when he was getting out of the car. I pulled on it & it did not move easy so I thought before I damaged it they may be a trick to it. I want to try to fix it without replacing. Thanks

Tucker
Old 03-21-2009, 08:00 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

I'm fairly certain it comes off with the door panel but certainly could be incorrect . . . that said- a suggestion:

A passenger in my car dimpled the speaker cover getting out - - -I ended up unbending a paperclip to a 90 degree angle, sliding it through the mesh and using the flat portion of the paperclip to pull gently on the indentation - - -it popped out pretty easily - -but the key was to work around the outside edges carefully rather than just tugging on the middle.

Worked for me - - just a suggestion . . good luck!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:02 PM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

DIY tutorial:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1560625424-post1.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1560625424-post1.html

Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 PM
TuckerO
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CQRT
I'm fairly certain it comes off with the door panel but certainly could be incorrect . . . that said- a suggestion:

A passenger in my car dimpled the speaker cover getting out - - -I ended up unbending a paperclip to a 90 degree angle, sliding it through the mesh and using the flat portion of the paperclip to pull gently on the indentation - - -it popped out pretty easily - -but the key was to work around the outside edges carefully rather than just tugging on the middle.

Sounds like the way to go thanks. I thought they would pop off, but when I tried it did not move. Thanks
Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Rowboat66
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to remember that technique. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:22 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good idea.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I remove the Bose door speaker cover

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I remove the Bose door speaker cover