C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many are considering selling

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I bought my car two weeks before my wife became unemployed and about 4 weeks before the market crashed. I consider that one of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me because the only thing dumber than buying it would be selling it. No plans to do so
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Wethingtonvette8093
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R

That is neat !
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Mikesan
Pro

I'm on the other side of the fence. Don't own one, but would love to as the prices are great right now. I do think they will get even better as the year progresses. Just can't justify it now and don't have the room for one. Need to pay off one car and a couple credit cards before even getting semi-serious about buying.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
car2fast4you
Melting Slicks

Received 531 Likes on 285 Posts

Unless I'm fortunate like Jim (above), I doubt I'll ever sell my C6 unless find myself with enough spare change to be able to upgrade to a Z06.

Otherwise, I plan on keeping it a very long time.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Originally Posted by Wethingtonvette8093
That is neat !
Thanks!!!!....I have seperates of each vehicle too....Here are a couple examples..

Last edited by The NNIAL8R; 01-27-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The NNIAL8R
Thanks!!!!....I have seperates of each vehicle too....Here are a couple examples..

Pretty slick, you should be in the poster business.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:05 AM
candlemuse
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would , only if I see a better looking car than the C6 in the same price range makes it to the market.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
Thanks for the compliment, but I cant take the credit....A friend of mine in New Jersey did them with about 50 pics of each vehicle that I provided him with....He's quite talented.....Sizes are available from 13x19 inch up to a collossal 3x4 feet....He also does business cards..

I especially like the one he did of my SSR and Harley..

BTW, he recently started airbrushing the license expiration tabs out so as not to "date" the posters...(notice my C6Z poster above)

Last edited by The NNIAL8R; 01-28-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Wethingtonvette8093
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
kinda what i Was thinking
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Wethingtonvette8093
kinda what i Was thinking
Like I said...I cant take the credit....but one thing about these posters that tie right in with this thread is simply this...."IF" you decide to sell you Corvette, and you have one of these posters of it, you can relive owning it every time you look at it

I sold my Quicksilver 2002 Vert last March in order buy my triple black 99 Vert and make buying my C6Z less painful....Anytime I start to miss it I just take a look at the poster I had done of it!!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Originally Posted by Greenstealth
I have been on the fence about selling my car lately. In these times sometimes its hard for me to justify having this car but everytime i walk into my garage and see it, its hard to imagine me not having it. I'm kind of in no mans land because one minute i want to buy mods and the next minute i think i have my mind made up on selling the car. I love the car. I have no problem with money but a little extra wouldn't hurt in these times. Is there anyone else considering getting rid of thier beloved c6? Feel free to chime in
I think you need some psychiatric care. Do you have a dreaded non-corvette loving wife or girlfriend? My wife has always wanted me to sell mine. But now, after 4 corvettes, she has realized that if I grant her wish and sell the car, that is a very bad sign....She knows there will be one to takes its place soon.....The secret is setting expectations.

Now, on the other hand if you, on your own, are considering to sell the vette and money is no issue, I have the name of a good psychiatrist.

Keep the faith, spring will be here soon and your feelings of selling will only be a memory.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Greenstealth
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RACE U
I think you need some psychiatric care. Do you have a dreaded non-corvette loving wife or girlfriend? My wife has always wanted me to sell mine. But now, after 4 corvettes, she has realized that if I grant her wish and sell the car, that is a very bad sign....She knows there will be one to takes its place soon.....The secret is setting expectations.

Now, on the other hand if you, on your own, are considering to sell the vette and money is no issue, I have the name of a good psychiatrist.

Keep the faith, spring will be here soon and your feelings of selling will only be a memory.
LOL, i expect that response from forum members but to be honest, a lot of people would call me nuts for buying or keeping this car. If i got rid of the car, i'm sure it wouldn't be the last corvette i ever bought. I have a lot of years ahead of me to get something. Maybe you're right, maybe i am crazy but i just feel like a lot more options are going to open up by getting rid of the car. I dont know maybe i just have cabin fever so to speak. I really have been back and forth on this matter a lot lately for whatever reason
Old 01-28-2009, 01:15 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

LOL, i expect that response from forum members but to be honest, a lot of people would call me nuts for buying or keeping this car. If i got rid of the car, i'm sure it wouldn't be the last corvette i ever bought. I have a lot of years ahead of me to get something. Maybe you're right, maybe i am crazy but i just feel like a lot more options are going to open up by getting rid of the car. I dont know maybe i just have cabin fever so to speak. I really have been back and forth on this matter a lot lately for whatever reason
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you do sell it, it will give you you something to really look forward to when you get another.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Greenstealth
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GotVett?
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you do sell it, it will give you you something to really look forward to when you get another.
There's no doubt. I have always upgraded everytime i got a car. From my humble beginnings with my stealths and 3000gt's to my gto to my c6. Every car has been significantly better than the last. I know what i will buy if i was to get rid of my car but it would take about a year or so. Z06. My last upgrade unless i get rich lol.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 AM
lottavettes
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Economy, famine, floods, locusts, terrorist attack, and all stuff like that doesn't matter to me....nothing really matters except my basic rule:

When I sell my Vette it's only because I'm buying a new one.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:26 AM
qs vette
Instructor

Default In the same boat

I have been on the fence about selling my car lately. In these times sometimes its hard for me to justify having this car but everytime i walk into my garage and see it, its hard to imagine me not having it. I'm kind of in no mans land because one minute i want to buy mods and the next minute i think i have my mind made up on selling the car. I love the car. I have no problem with money but a little extra wouldn't hurt in these times. Is there anyone else considering getting rid of thier beloved c6? Feel free to chime in

I am in the same position. I don't want to get rid of my car, but I am struggling with justification to keep it. The money is not the issue, but like you said it wouldn't hurt to have a little more reserve.
Good luck.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I understand...just dont let the liberal greenpeace supporters make you feel guilty about owning the vette. Those are the same people that say we should buy american, but then have a bmw in their own drive way.

Either way, good luck on your decision.

Get notified of new replies

To how many are considering selling

Old 01-28-2009, 02:09 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
I bought my car two weeks before my wife became unemployed and about 4 weeks before the market crashed. I consider that one of the luckiest things that has ever happened to me because the only thing dumber than buying it would be selling it. No plans to do so
That is a good point..you will also lose you *ss if you sell it right now.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I haven't owed a dime on mine since I took delivery in October of 2004. It only has 62,000 miles on it, so there's plenty of life left in it. I figure it should be good for 150,000 to 200,000 miles before it costs me major money to keep it running. At that point, it is off to the scrapyard with it, and I'll buy another one.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:02 AM
V-Dub
Racer

Originally Posted by GotVett?
I sold my 08' last year after owning it a year and 1 week. I got a really good deal on the sale and figured I would wait and catch some year end/winter sales. Little did I know the bottom was about to fall out of the economy so quickly. I am definitely having withdrawals and I sincerely caution you to consider keeping it if you don't need to sell it. I didn't but figured I'd get rid of it along with the wife's MB to get her a 2009 Jag XF. My greed told me that my Z would be around the corner and I'd be happy again. Well, now in hindsight, I wish I would have just traded her MB for the Jag and kept my Vette. I dare not jump out there just yet with my company announcing yesterday that another 8,000 jobs will be lost. Greed and lust will make you do some crazy things. Count your blessings and if you're comfortable just roll with what you got!!!

V-Dub

Quick Reply: how many are considering selling