C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 A6 2006 Tune AWESOME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Joe Q
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10
Default C6 A6 2006 Tune AWESOME!!!!

I had Chuck (COW) tune my car in October 2007. I finally took it to the strip to test it in August of this year and it didn't work as well as I expected. HOWEVER!!!! I met Chuck in Chicago this last weekend and he provided an updated tune that will knock your socks off!!! It has awesome power and shift control now. From a rolling start I can lay rubber with my new KUMO tires at each shift point all the way through 3rd gear! The car gets squirrelly and you really have to drive it now. When passing, make sure you are going straight before hitting it or it will spin out! Oh, and did I mention that there was no charge for the second tune?? Show me another tuner that will do that?

Thanks Chuck for an awesome job. What about some small decals that we can display to the people behind us that the reason they are behind us is that we are tuned by Corvettes of Westchester??
Old 11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does he tweek the engine and the A6?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 C6 vert
Does he tweek the engine and the A6?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Im on the west coast . Are these tune perameters public domain?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Joe Q
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '10

He re tunes the whole thing. Engine and the A6. Find him, he is well worth it. He is on this forum as a sponsor as well. You can't go wrong!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Joe Q
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '10

Contact Chuck http://www.corvettes-of-westchester.com/

I wouldn't let ANYONE else touch my car now. NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to feel it to believe it!!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:33 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Sweet and does this void the GM powertrain warranty
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by peter pan
It wouldnt help your warranty claim if they proved you had a tune that "made the tranny fail" or "engine blow"

But I'm sure you know that and are just asking the question.

I believe Chuck Cow is an experienced tuner and I have never heard of anyones car blowing up due to his Tune only.

However with the addition of benefits what are the drawbacks?

1. Reduce life of powertrain components over time due to increased stress?
2. Little room to stand on if you break the powertrain / tranny and GM checks the tune. In addition some tuners lock the tune and Its my understanding it would be hard to revert back to the GM tune if you "wanted" to because of the lock. The tuners perspective in some cases are to lock the tune so you dont play with the settings and blow your car up. Finally I've never seen a tuner offer a powertrain warranty.

3. Car performing beyond design limits (Spinning out when you floor it would be more of a safety hazard then fun) and with the cold weather would be even worse.

So as long as someone is aware there could be drawbacks... I think Chuck is one of the best tuners around.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
mikesul
Drifting

Originally Posted by peter pan
Why bother to ask this, everyone thats followed the Forum knows it will show up at the dealers if they look for it. If your against this, just say it. I got a COW tune and went in with my eyes open on consequences. IMHO it is worth it.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

Im on the west coast . Are these tune perameters public domain?
Yea! Great idea. Just ask him to give you the tune perameters. Then you wouldn't have to pay the $400.00 or send the computer to NY.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tloon
Yea! Great idea. Just ask him to give you the tune perameters. Then you wouldn't have to pay the $400.00 or send the computer to NY.
Oops dumb question,
Ive only had the vette 3 months learning curve is pretty steep for me, hehe.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

Oops dumb question,
Ive only had the vette 3 months learning curve is pretty steep for me, hehe.
Sorry. I couldn't resist.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Joe Q
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '10

I don't plan on stomping it every chance I get. I'm too darn old for that. But when I want it, it will be there!!! So think of it as a booster or a reserve. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. BTW, I still get 29 MPG. And anyone that is stupid enough to jump on it in cold weather better sell it and buy a Mustang where you will be safe!

As for a dealer visit, Chuck is coming out with a box soon that you can carry with you and flash back the stock tune or place a Valet tune while you park it. Valet tune will not allow more than 20 MPH and only a very part throttle!! Any other questions, contact the man!!

I live in Wisconsin so I know cold..
Old 11-25-2008, 06:03 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Q
I had Chuck (COW) tune my car in October 2007. I finally took it to the strip to test it in August of this year and it didn't work as well as I expected. HOWEVER!!!! I met Chuck in Chicago this last weekend and he provided an updated tune that will knock your socks off!!! It has awesome power and shift control now. From a rolling start I can lay rubber with my new KUMO tires at each shift point all the way through 3rd gear! The car gets squirrelly and you really have to drive it now. When passing, make sure you are going straight before hitting it or it will spin out! Oh, and did I mention that there was no charge for the second tune?? Show me another tuner that will do that?
Thanks Chuck for an awesome job. What about some small decals that we can display to the people behind us that the reason they are behind us is that we are tuned by Corvettes of Westchester??
my tuner will do that and I expect most others will also
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck tuned my A6 about a year ago and I absolutely love it. The difference was amazing.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 PM
fishmagnet1
Intermediate

Maybe a dumb question but if you have the tune done and you swap out your batterry, will it wipe out the tune?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishmagnet1
Maybe a dumb question but if you have the tune done and you swap out your batterry, will it wipe out the tune?
No!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Q

Originally Posted by richhoff
Chuck tuned my A6 about a year ago and I absolutely love it. The difference was amazing.
Chuck is the man!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 A6 2006 Tune AWESOME!!!!

Quick Reply: C6 A6 2006 Tune AWESOME!!!!