C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z06 widebody costs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by redzone
Did not know that....have you came up with anything yet for the soon to be ZR-1 clones??

I'm thinkin' super duper pooper....or some such thing.
I'll add that one to the short list I have already.

The ZR1 is known as "The King". So I wanted to come up with something which incorporated that line of thought.

Now I often refer to complete "wide body" conversions, using Z06 parts, as "Faux Z06s". I think its an accurate description.

So at the top of the list was "The False King Conversion".

And then I came up with a variant of "False King" conversion, which seems to actually be more appropriate, in light of a couple of things:

1. Since if it were done right, why, a non ZR1 could pass for a ZR1 and actually "fool" people. Which is at the core of many of these conversions in the first place.

2. The cost of the ZR1 conversion parts, and thus the "money down the hole", expense of going to the effort to make a ZR1 lookalike, is more than a notion.

I'll call it "The Faux King Fool" conversion.

Because if done right, its bound to "fool" a lot of people, and because its not a real ZR1, or real "king", but rather a "faux" one. :

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 10-30-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:16 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06

I don't know if it will become the same kind of catch phrase that "wide booty" is but damn that's funny!

Every time I see one with this conversion I'll stop and say "Hey, look at that faux king fool".
Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Red Cell
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by carsonp
whats it generally run to do a fill widebody conversion?
Although I live in Vancouver, I looked into this before purchasing my current Z.

There's a place in/near LA that Leno dealt with. I had their guy research and send me the entire price which included "everything" for the "complete" appearance conversion. This included all the brakes, lines, yada yada. I thought I saved it but I guess not.

Total cost: Over $15,000.00 US plus taxes, etc.

Once I factored in how long I'd keep the car, etc., I purchased a Z from the US instead. More money ($23,000.00 plus taxes and my former 05) but very much worth it IMO.

Hope this helps.

Red Cell.

Last edited by Red Cell; 10-30-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: No reason...why even asking?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ShinodaVette
I don't know if it will become the same kind of catch phrase that "wide booty" is but damn that's funny!

Every time I see one with this conversion I'll stop and say "Hey, look at that faux king fool".
Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Is that way I have to look forward to next time you see me
Some people like to make the car there own..geez
Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Originally Posted by XCELER8
Oh come on, he meant it as a joke and so did I. Neither of us were talking about the Z06 wide body (or wide booty for that matter) conversions. I've finally decided to do the wide rear on mine when the rear tires are shot. If anybody hasn't noticed I'm not exactly into stock Corvettes myself. I didn't plan on ticking anybody off with my post.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:43 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Oh come on, he meant it as a joke and so did I. Neither of us were talking about the Z06 wide body (or wide booty for that matter) conversions. I've finally decided to do the wide rear on mine when the rear tires are shot. If anybody hasn't noticed I'm not exactly into stock Corvettes myself. I didn't plan on ticking anybody off with my post.

Originally Posted by XCELER8
Are you telling us that you are planning a ZR1 conversion, aka "FKF Conversion" or "Faux King Fool" conversion for your current car?

Good luck, and be sure to post up pics.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 10-30-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

I know, I missed the because my keys are acting funny... Anyhow, my new wheels will be ready in 5 weeks if you still are interested in mine..
Old 10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Are you telling us that you are planning a ZR1 conversion, aka "FKF Conversion" or "Faux King Fool" conversion for your current car?

Good luck, and be sure to post up pics.
Well did consider the ZR1 brakes until I found out there are way to many issue on install other than the cost.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll add that one to the short list I have already.

The ZR1 is known as "The King". So I wanted to come up with something which incorporated that line of thought.

Now I often refer to complete "wide body" conversions, using Z06 parts, as "Faux Z06s". I think its an accurate description.

So at the top of the list was "The False King Conversion".

And then I came up with a variant of "False King" conversion, which seems to actually be more appropriate, in light of a couple of things:

1. Since if it were done right, why, a non ZR1 could pass for a ZR1 and actually "fool" people. Which is at the core of many of these conversions in the first place.

2. The cost of the ZR1 conversion parts, and thus the "money down the hole", expense of going to the effort to make a ZR1 lookalike, is more than a notion.

Nice way to hi-jack a thread to post your useless opinion, jack-
***. It's not your freakin car, so why the F do you care?
No wonder your post count is high, you can't keep your mouth shut.

I think the OP got his answer from previous posts.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:15 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by marc v.
nice way to hi-jack a thread to post your useless opinion, jack-
***. It's not your freakin car, so why the f do you care?
No wonder your post count is high, you can't keep your mouth shut.

I think the op got his answer from previous posts.

:
Old 10-31-2008, 12:05 AM
mikevstr
Intermediate

Unless you want to open up your top, just sell your C6 and get a Z06 nowaday is cheaper than adding $15K to your coupe
Old 10-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Sherman Fretwell
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope this isn't too much of a hi jack as it is related to the OP's question.

Can someone clarify how to deal with Gene's comment about the inner wheel liners? He wrote, "Note: The front complete kit and the complete body kit do not come with the large front plastic inner fenders/wheelhouses that are glued to the body!"
Old 10-31-2008, 02:18 AM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

I can see why some say just sell the car and get a Z06, but for many, as in myself, a removeable top is a must. I know it's been gone over numerous times, but they should just start offering the Z06 with a removeable top. It can't compromise the car that much. They said that with the C5 Z06 also, then released the C6 coupe with basically the same power rating and it has a removeable top.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:12 AM
siggi-annette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought from gene the body kid for mine vert, me paid about in 5000$ and it nicely.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 338 Posts

you can also have a Z converted to a vert for about $25,000. that includes GM parts, paint AND the $11,000 carbon underside plat that stops flexing. does this mean that i "highjacked" the thread?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:17 AM
fright88
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mikevstr
Unless you want to open up your top, just sell your C6 and get a Z06 nowaday is cheaper than adding $15K to your coupe
Or if you need a manual.

If I had to do it over again I might have just waited bought a used Z and had it converted but...

Get notified of new replies

To z06 widebody costs?

Old 10-31-2008, 11:44 AM
metamorphik
Instructor

[QUOTE=DJ-LO;1567655705]Expect at least $8-10K. I got the "Vert" quarters for about $2,200, paint $1000, the liners etc..for $750, wheels/tires $4,400 (CCW T-10's19 x 10, 20 x 13, Mich. PS2's).

That is one sweet looking ride. Love the int, color, and wheels. If I had a vert that would be the look I'd go for.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:08 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sherman Fretwell
Hope this isn't too much of a hi jack as it is related to the OP's question.

Can someone clarify how to deal with Gene's comment about the inner wheel liners? He wrote, "Note: The front complete kit and the complete body kit do not come with the large front plastic inner fenders/wheelhouses that are glued to the body!"
I can. The inner liners are bonded on and the Z06 ones extend out further. I think its not easy to replace them, so most come up with alternate means, like my body shop did to extend them:

Old 10-31-2008, 09:26 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,259 Likes on 920 Posts

In this market it is more cost effective just to go out and by a really low mile Z0-6. In my case I have a 2007,3-LT, Nav coupe that has some preforamce mods. The car is worth about $37K as it sits. Add another $15K in conversion costs and I'm about $52K and now have a clone Z0-6. There are numerous very low mile '06 and '07 Z's on the forum in that price point. Convert of not to convert, that is the question.

Quick Reply: z06 widebody costs?