C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parked 10 inches from my car!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

There are a lot of stupid people out there. I look for a spot in a corner so at least one side of the car is protected from these clowns.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 AM
elofdahl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only FAAAT people, who have to swing their doors wide frequent McDonalds, so I never park my Corvette there.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:18 AM
GriigeHP
Instructor

There's only store you can park at without care, Fleet Farm. I think Fleet Farm's are a midwest only chain but damn they have the largest parking slots you'll ever see.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Jeff Pedersen
Burning Brakes

What do you expect from someone that drives a wreck like that? If it were night time I would of went around the corner and came back and. Ah forget it. You did the right thing.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Rainmaker
Racer

Years ago when I was young and dumb (now I’m just dumb) I was a member of a serious (no cardio equipment) muscle-head gym. I had a nice car, and always parked it in the same place: occupying two spaces at the VERY FAR end of the parking lot where it NEVER filled up. Most everyone at the gym knew me, and complimented my car. One evening, about eight of us came out of the gym after a workout and lo-and-behold, some Snapperhead had parked his Datsun beater about three inches away from the driver’s side door of my car. This, in spite of the fact there were over one-hundred empty parking spaces closer to the gym. We walked over to my car in silent amazement. Then, one brain-surgeon in the group (and he was a BIG brain-surgeon) said “F*** this guy, come on guys, grab a hold.” Well my friends, the testosterone was pumping that night in River city, We all got in there, and with a mighty heave, tipped that POS over on its side. We were laughing so hard, we almost split a gut.

I was a member of that gym for several more years and continued to park in the same spot, but nothing ever happened regarding that night. (Except us laughing our asses off like idiots from time to time.)
Old 10-09-2008, 12:53 AM
LMB 4 ME
Safety Car

Location: Boca Raton Inlet, Atlantic Ocean (Floridas east coast)

Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
Don't worry he probably opened and closed that passenger door and possibly kicked it several times till he realized a shiney corvette was blocking the path.

If he had a child in the car you can damn bet that would have happened.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:10 AM
shawden
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jdurhan
You did the right thing, I would have felt the same and most likely had the same thoughts. Moving on is the smart thing to do in todays social climate.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 AM
ElSeano80
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lol you people crack me up!!! The world hates me cause i own a corvette!!!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone is so jealous!!! Must work on ford taurus's too cause i had the same thing happen to me in walmart when i was in the taurus!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 AM
BDharley07
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Leave them a note, letting them know how much you appreciate them
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by EvanD
I had a truck do the same thing, I was gettin ready to leave and he pulled in closer than that. He was stuck in his truck and got pissed that I didn't pull out faster.... people are nuts!

I doubt if my being in the Vette had anything to do with it, his being dropped on his head as a baby probably did though...
The same moron probably wouldn't do that to a guy driving a car that cost 2 or 3 times as much...
Old 10-09-2008, 05:19 AM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOOTER 49
Pulled into a McDonald's yesterday in Rutland Vermont...
That's exactly why I never go to McDonald's in Rutland Vermont!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:58 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Ice pick in the ol' sidewall usually works for me !
Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 AM
WFO
Drifting

All this shock over what people would do if someone F's with you. It ain't pretty. Road rage, bad decisions.

Food for thought people...Treat others as you want to be treated. You'll stand a better chance of surviving in most places. We all can do better.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 AM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by allred
My guess is that they were just stupid. Most of these door dinging, close parking people don't even realise they are doing anything wrong.

That would have made you a lot worse than the orginal culprit!

When you consider everything......1)There was no damage to your vehicle. 2) Life's too short, 3) There is no way you could have "educated' or made any point the culprit would have understood.

So I think the slight inconvenience of having to climb over the console was the best thing to do.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:28 AM
GenuineSurprize
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Years ago when I was young and dumb (now I’m just dumb) I was a member of a serious (no cardio equipment) muscle-head gym. I had a nice car, and always parked it in the same place: occupying two spaces at the VERY FAR end of the parking lot where it NEVER filled up. Most everyone at the gym knew me, and complimented my car. One evening, about eight of us came out of the gym after a workout and lo-and-behold, some Snapperhead had parked his Datsun beater about three inches away from the driver’s side door of my car. This, in spite of the fact there were over one-hundred empty parking spaces closer to the gym. We walked over to my car in silent amazement. Then, one brain-surgeon in the group (and he was a BIG brain-surgeon) said “F*** this guy, come on guys, grab a hold.” Well my friends, the testosterone was pumping that night in River city, We all got in there, and with a mighty heave, tipped that POS over on its side. We were laughing so hard, we almost split a gut.

I was a member of that gym for several more years and continued to park in the same spot, but nothing ever happened regarding that night. (Except us laughing our asses off like idiots from time to time.)
Now thats a hell of a securtiy system. how much do you guys run for?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:42 AM
mcmtac14
Instructor

a broken tail light will get his attention ..... in a subtle way.....
Old 10-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Zotic
Racer

There is only one purpose in life – to be able to spend your life in your own way, not how others want you to waste it.

Beside the fact that there was no harm no foul, you were wise to not waste your time.

Get notified of new replies

To Parked 10 inches from my car!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 AM
shortski
Drifting

Be careful, Vermont is a free carry state, no license needed to buy or carry concealed. In any given crowed 30-40% of the people will be packing.

Personally I carry a Springfield Arms 9mm sub compact, 17 in the clip one in the pipe.

LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES
Are there limitations on large capacity ammunition magazines? No
Vermont - There is no state law restricting the sale or possession of large capacity ammunition magazines that can fire 30, 50 or even 75 rounds without reloading. Ammunition magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition are considered large capacity magazines. These types of ammunition magazines are available for any firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine, including assault weapons and semi-automatic handguns.

LICENSE OR PERMIT TO PURCHASE
Is a license/permit required to buy handguns? No

No state requirement that handgun buyers obtain a handgun license or undergo any type of safety training prior to buying a handgun.

LIMIT BULK PURCHASES
Is there a one-handgun-per-month limit on sales? No

No state restrictions on gun-trafficking such as a limit on the number of handguns that can be purchased at one time. Gun traffickers can easily buy large quantities of handguns at gun stores and resell them on the street to criminals.

LIMITS ON CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMITS
May police limit carrying concealed handguns? No

State law allows anyone who can buy a gun to carry it loaded and concealed in public. No police permit or police notification is required to carry loaded guns hidden on a person. No training in gun laws or gun safety is required. Vermont is the only state in the country to have such a lax approach to the carrying of loaded, concealed weapons in public.

I love Vermont
Old 10-09-2008, 08:09 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by shortski
Be careful, Vermont is a free carry state, no license needed to buy or carry concealed. In any given crowed 30-40% of the people will be packing.

State law allows anyone who can buy a gun to carry it loaded and concealed in public. No police permit or police notification is required to carry loaded guns hidden on a person. No training in gun laws or gun safety is required. Vermont is the only state in the country to have such a lax approach to the carrying of loaded, concealed weapons in public.

I love Vermont
New Hampshire does require a carry permit, but for concealed and loaded only. Interestingly, both Vermont and New Hampshire have some of the lowest crime rates in the country.

Regarding the parking lot incident, it's just another stupid idiot behind the wheel. These are the same poeple who tailgate, stay in the left lane, and never signal. The driver, who could have been a man or a woman, young or old, just needed enough room to get out of the car themselves. I'm sure that's as far as the thought process went. If you confronted them, I doubt he or she would have had any clue about what they did.

It's frustrating, but the only real course of action is to shrug, and chalk it up to another mindless act of stupidity. Just be thankful you weren't on the road with them.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
steve burns
Burning Brakes

Default great story!

Originally Posted by Rainmaker

YES!!

Quick Reply: Parked 10 inches from my car!!!!!!!!!!