C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Las Vegas 2008 Hertz Corvette ZHZ review

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 AM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

The performance could have been the gas. We rented a Shelby GT 2 years ago in Orlando. The car felt very slugish. Once I went thru the tank of gas I put in super. After driving a bit the car woke up big time, and felt like it should. I'm sure they or renters put the crap gas in to save $.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM
baileyrx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks likes staging lanes?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$70 per day...you made out like a freaking bandit!

We clearly had different cars since our time overlapped and I do recall seeing another ZHZ on the Strip so it may have been you? My XM/Sirius worked perfectly and there were no targa squeaks...in fact I was quite impressed with how solid the car seemed with the roof on. I agree that the exhaust was awesome too!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 PM
sks
Instructor

Originally Posted by RichS
The performance could have been the gas. We rented a Shelby GT 2 years ago in Orlando. The car felt very slugish. Once I went thru the tank of gas I put in super. After driving a bit the car woke up big time, and felt like it should. I'm sure they or renters put the crap gas in to save $.
Why rent a high hp sports car and put crap gas it. Gosh, rent a civic or something instead...some people!

EDIT: I realized they would do it on the return.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

It was up at the Speedway complex, but I never raced the car. I was too paranoid to attempt that with a rental since my luck isn't always the greatest when it comes to calculated risks.

Originally Posted by baileyrx
looks likes staging lanes?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

I bet you're right. I took delivery with a full tank and returned it with just under a quarter tank. I probably had 87 octane the entire time.

Originally Posted by RichS
Old 10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
yankintx
Pro

Originally Posted by Gold Z
My LS3 auto pulls like a **** on the top end. It just keeps pulling hard way into the triple digits. I wonder if Hertz may have detuned the cars somewhat.
Having went from an 04Z06 to an 08 Coupe, i can say that my performance did not decrease at all.

This LS3 pulls solidly.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:00 PM
sks
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
It was up at the Speedway complex, but I never raced the car. I was too paranoid to attempt that with a rental since my luck isn't always the greatest when it comes to calculated risks.
I so would have taken the risk.

Quick Reply: My Las Vegas 2008 Hertz Corvette ZHZ review